2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

selimonengut

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with backpedaling if it's situational and done rarely.

Most of the time it is far better to turn around with your mouse, and if you're good at mouse turning takes a split second. However, there are times when I backpedal for a step or two, and I honestly don't care if anyone says anything about it -- my performance in warzones usually shows I'm not a total newb. ;) And though you may see me backpedal if you really pay attention, it happens about 1% of the time.

For example, if you are trying to overload/knockback a few people, but you need only a meter or two of room -- you can turn 180, make a couple of steps, turn another 180 and hope they are still where they were when you wanted to overload... or you could backpedal a step or two and knock back everyone and save a split second doing so.

There are spots that are in very tight quarters and backpedaling can create less confusion. For example, fighting inside a bunker on Novare Coast. You can backpedal a step or two, or you can turn around 180, and in the process make your camera zoom all the way in since it's now hitting the inside wall. Your entire screen can now be covered in particle effects happening inside the bunker, and you are causing yourself harm by actually doing that. I prefer to backpedal a step or two and keep my camera point of view coming from outside of the bunker.

Backpedaling is in no way good, but good players will do whatever they need to do in order to win, and using the evil S key for a step or two saves time in certain situations.

In the end, learn to mouse turn, but pay no attention to an elitist rant that deals in absolutes. Do whatever makes you win.

Edited by Monterone

I wouldn't say "useless". While circle strafing is usually more beneficial, doing ADADADADA can make it harder to see physical animation indicators for those people who have crappy computers. Rapidly sidestepping can blur animations that are usable on the move, or hide what aura/buff you might use, possibly delaying an opponents counter.

Well anyone good already has a computer that isn't so ****** ADADADADAD works on them.

Really??? You made it to nearly 2900 rating and you backpedal? Jesus christ. Sigh, hence why games higher than 3v3 games are terrible, too easy to carry bads to high ratings.

Oh look, a back-pedal bashing moron who thinks this is WoW.

Oh look, a back-pedal bashing moron who thinks this is WoW.

yes because swtor is harder right?

the rare..REALLY rare situations where backpadleing would be better then instantly turn back, run, instantly turn front dont justify even having it bound..

why would you want to move at 50% speed...why..

For example, if you are trying to overload/knockback a few people, but you need only a meter or two of room -- you can turn 180, make a couple of steps, turn another 180 and hope they are still where they were when you wanted to overload... or you could backpedal a step or two and knock back everyone and save a split second doing so.

In the end, learn to mouse turn, but pay no attention to an elitist rant that deals in absolutes. Do whatever makes you win.

hmm..if you use you mouse to isntantly turn back..move..then jump+instant turn to ur target and knockback..that will be faster and more efficient than backpadeling

the thig is..people that ahve backpadle key bound tend to use it alot...some will actualy "runaway" from you backpadeling...i see sorcs using forcespeed while backpadeling..

basicaly, if its bad 99% of the time..then dont use it aat all..

Though i still consider keyboard turning and clicking abilities even worse..

hmm..if you use you mouse to isntantly turn back..move..then jump+instant turn to ur target and knockback..that will be faster and more efficient than backpadeling

the thig is..people that ahve backpadle key bound tend to use it alot...some will actualy "runaway" from you backpadeling...i see sorcs using forcespeed while backpadeling..

basicaly, if its bad 99% of the time..then dont use it aat all..

Though i still consider keyboard turning and clicking abilities even worse..

Yes, in most situations strafing to one side, then doing a quarter turn the the opposite side and knocking back is preferable, but there are situations where stepping back a step or two is quicker, especially where camera angles are a concern.

I don't think anyone was arguing that backpedaling is better, we all know it's not... but I just hate dealing in absolutes... there is a situation for everything.

And just to make sure I'm understood... I'm a player who runs forward, jumps on a huttball catwalk, does a 180 in mid air, Extricates/Rescues a teammate, does another 180 back and keeps running forward... and I still don't think backpedaling is evil. Everything has its own time and place.

Edit: And I'll just comment here on a recent post I did not quote. Megatfx is not a moron, in fact he's a very good player on all 3 characters I've seen him play, but as I've stated I do disagree on absolutely not using the S key.

And someone else said, if it's bad for 99% of the situations don't even use it. Why? It's better for that 1% of the time, and if it's better why not use it unless you're running out of keys to bind? If I'm min/maxing my gear to get an extra 1% why would I not do so with my game play as well?

Edited by Monterone

A high rating just means that your team isnt good enough to make everyone els quit.

I LOLed.

Are you all oblivious to the fact that this thread died 4 months ago?

Which is worse? necro-ing an old thread or creating a new thread to rehash an old topic?