Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

DarthBror

Pax Guild Recruitment Process.

From the start of this process I knew immediately it was going to be different from other guilds. I also knew immediately that Pax was going to be amazing. From the start of my in game message to the Rector I was greeted with a warm welcome and instruction on how to begin this process. Meeting other Pax members was truly a highlight during this process, many of the introductions had me reminiscing on old times and old games.

The community in a whole is very mature yet very fun. This process made me see what type of people this guild has, how they interact on a personal level as well as in game.

Edited by Severynce

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pax's recruitment process is entertaining and dynamic! I've been asked all manor of questions. It is all part of the process of getting to know someone and these guys have a system worked out! I highly recommend this group!

• 2 weeks later...
i am currently about half way through the recruitment process and i have found there application process a unique way to get to know the people of Pax and for them to get to know the real me . i love the process it was fun and very entertaining if ya wanna be apart of a community and not just and avatar in a game then this the place for you. i have enjoyed my application process:)

• 2 weeks later...

Are you looking for a mature community to be a part of? Pax Gaming Community may be right for you!

What is the Pax Gaming Community?

Pax Gaming is a collection of community minded members committed to enjoying games of all genres. Within the Pax Gaming Community we have a division for both the Republic (

) and the Empire (
). The community has been around since 2001, and has been experiencing games together ever since. Families come first and this community is like an extended family.

Whatever your play style (PVE, PVP or RP), you will find it within the Pax Gaming Community. Pax Dominus and Pax Imperius hold weekly events in these areas and work with members to improve their skills and get the gear they need to reach their goals in game. RP is encouraged but not required of our members. Both Pax Dominus and Pax Imperius have a rich RP history ranging from the Treaty of Coruscant to the time of Pax within Star Wars Galaxies.

Need a break from SWTOR? We have several divisions within Pax Gaming Community that span several MMOs, tabletop games, shooters, and many more. Though we are a large community, we are very close with our sister divisions and often play together. Since my time in Pax, I am amazed at how many like minded people are within our division. I love this community!

Pax hosts our own server for teamspeak as well as our forums, which are an awesome place to come and hang out discussing your adventure in games, sports, whatever interests you. We have an organized charter that outlines a very simple yet definitive set of rules to maintain the level of community we wish to provide. It outlines our structure, Chain of Command, Rules of Engagement, Codes of Conduct and other guild rules.

In the end our name best describes who and what we are. Pax is a community, above everything else. It is a common phrase for us to state that we recruit the player, not the "toon". Why don't you come and check us out?

http://www.paxgaming.com

Interested in joining? Register for the forum and then go to "New Member Orientation". You'll find a link to "How to Join Pax Gaming" (click here)

Our application process is a two week period where members of the community will interact with you. You'll be given an invitation to the division you are interested in so you can get to know us in game as well. This two week period is here for us to get to know you and for you to get to know us. We hope that you will find your second home in our company.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me on the Pax Gaming forum. I look forward to meeting you!

Thanks,

Winasa

As a current recruit of Pax I am here to give my two cents on the recruiting process. I have been privileged to be in some outstanding guilds and while it isn't hard to find a guild in SWTOR; what Pax gives to its members is a very different experience. In the last few weeks, Pax members have made time to ask me questions and get to know me. By the time I would officially join, I feel like I am hanging out with some old friends.

As a fellow Scyllian from SWG, I have known of the Pax gaming guild for almost 10 years. They come with a reputation of treating each other and their fellow gamers with respect. I don't feel pressure to be into RP, or make a 3 night a week raid schedule, or be fully decked out in the latest pvp gear; this guild is about doing what they can to help each member get what they can out of their chosen game. You choose what you want to have fun doing and the leadership here will open the doors.

Thanks to all the Pax members that have taken the time to say hello.

Edited by Omniari

Hello all, I am also here to state my opinion of Pax Imperius. I've been a recruit for one week so far, and others have noted the same facts I am about to make. The community has asked me numerous excellent questions about myself and the way I act in general as well as in game.

I will tell you now, I have never before had such a unique and grand experience of applying for a guild! The community and guild members all have been a little bit on the side of craziness, but I like this in a guild/community a lot! I want to encourage those that are wondering if this would be the right guild for them to give this one a try, I am sure you will like it, whether in Imperius or Dominus!

Hello,

I was asked to come here and give my 2 cents on what I thought about the recruitment process. My forum name is Texasgump and still deciding on which toon to main. I will have to say by far this is the most welcoming at "at home" I have felt in a long time as far as guilds are concerned. They really try to get to know the real you behind the computer screen and not just how your character looks. It really does feel like a second family who takes care of each other. The recruitment process was detailed and lengthy, but so unique and different. I am so glad I took the time to put in my application and haven't turned back sense. Do not let the process overwhelm you, you will be so glad you took the time to join.

And the best part of it is they constantly update their divisions. No matter what mmo you plan on trying or new and upcoming ones, you will sure to find a PAX division there. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the application process. To be honest, I am not sure what I think yet. There seem to be more people on in the guild on the Pub side but the Imp side has been friendly. Numbers have been low and not much chat in guild when I've been on. To be fair, it is the middle of the holiday season.

Anyway, it's nice that they participate in a broad range of games. I look forward to getting to know some of the people in SWTOR and others.

I really like Pax Gaming. The application process was unique. There is always an event happening. The guild leader for the pub side (I do not play imps......yet) is great. Everyone is very friendly. An added benefit is that the guild spans across multiple games. If you get tired of SWTOR and want to play FFXIV, WOW, RIFT, etc., you do not need to look for another guild.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been a part of several guilds and communities where no one ever talks to each other. It's like my family, we know we're tied together but we never talk. This community, however, forces you to get involved during a fun (albeit lengthy) application process where you can get to know everyone and everyone can get to know you. The fun just never stops. If you're thinking about it, just do it.

Hello,

As a applicant to Pax Imperius (who is playing currently with Pax Dominus), I was asked to post about my experience with their application process. For the most part, I believe their application process was as useful to myself as it was to the members of the guild.

As a generally shy person, I found that their "question and answer" application process helped me to get to know some of the members of the guild better,allowing me to feel a little more comfortable when I got an invite to the guild. I also found that this process allowed me to decide whether or not Pax Gaming was the right guild for me. The questions that were asked were all over the place (some were serious, while others were wacky, and there were even some brainteasers mixed in!) and it really allowed me to get a sense of the community as a whole.

In the end, while I though at first that their application process was a little "overwhelming", I now believe that it's a great way for both the recruit, and the community to get to know each other (which is refreshing, as usually, application processes only allowed the guild to get to know you).

• 2 weeks later...
As a current recruit of Pax Imperius, I wanted to share my experiences so far. The application process is great. I like how everyone makes an effort to ask me questions and get to know me, and it's great getting to know others in return. The occasions I've had to interact with guild members in game have been nothing but positive. Everyone is friendly and fun. If you're looking for a good group of folks to hang with, then look no further.

Hi, I have been in the "process" for almost 2 weeks now. I have enjoyed most of the questions presented to me during the application process. I have been frustrated a few times not knowing what to say, or how to answer. I tend to leave those for a bit and come back to them later. I think this is a great way to get to know each other and to find out if each person will be a good "fit" for the guild.

I have had the opportunity to run a few Ops with Pax and have enjoyed it. The guild is so patient and explains what is going on so that I can do my best as a healer. This is a great guild with alot of fun people. Thanks!!

I am a recruit for Pax going through the application process.

Thus far, it is a unique experience that successfully brings you into their family of games feeling more like a welcome family member than one of the shuffling numbers of players who file in and out of other guilds never really interacting.

It is fun, it is informative, and it is a model of organization and implementaion others could certainly stand to learn from.

~Paws

Greeting fellow Ebon Hawkers!

(or is it Ebon Hawkies, or Ebon Hawks?)

I have been through the 'recruitment' stage in several guilds over the years in other games. However, most of the time it was limited to 'fill out this application' and 'wait a few days'. The guys and gals at Pax really want to make you feel welcome. So far its been a fun process and I must say quite unique and refreshing.

First and foremost, hello to any and all that read this thread :). Secondly, to the Paxers that may read this. This is a review of my experience of the application process you people have tortured me with thusfar ;).

I have been politely asked to share my experiance of how Pax Gaming goes through its application and screening process. Truthfully, it has been a hoot and a half! I have gotten everything from silly, inconsequencial questions like "Milkshakes or smoothies" to the more thought provoking and serious "What do you think of our charter?". Of course, I am paraphrasing so forgive me if I misquoted the question :D

It has felt like getting to know a friend...you know those first few hang outs where you ask them anything and everything that comes into your head, just to get a sense of the person you will likely help move someday, or have to bail out of prison (haha). In turn, the questions I have asked in the same process have revealed some of the minds of the people I hope to be playing games with for awhile. It is truly wonderful not to feel like you are being judged.

I truly wish I had something negative to say about the experience as to not sound as though I am bragging, but truth be told, so far they are a great bunch of people. I am sure a complaint will come up in the future. May the force be with you all.

Arrylia Ravenos

First and foremost, hello to any and all that read this thread :). Secondly, to the Paxers that may read this. This is a review of my experience of the application process you people have tortured me with thusfar ;).

I have been politely asked to share my experiance of how Pax Gaming goes through its application and screening process. Truthfully, it has been a hoot and a half! I have gotten everything from silly, inconsequencial questions like "Milkshakes or smoothies" to the more thought provoking and serious "What do you think of our charter?". Of course, I am paraphrasing so forgive me if I misquoted the question :D

It has felt like getting to know a friend...you know those first few hang outs where you ask them anything and everything that comes into your head, just to get a sense of the person you will likely help move someday, or have to bail out of prison (haha). In turn, the questions I have asked in the same process have revealed some of the minds of the people I hope to be playing games with for awhile. It is truly wonderful not to feel like you are being judged.

I truly wish I had something negative to say about the experience as to not sound as though I am bragging, but truth be told, so far they are a great bunch of people. I am sure a complaint will come up in the future. May the force be with you all.

Arrylia Ravenos

Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I found PAX after the guild I joined on Korriban when I started crashed and burned, and was forced to find myself a new guild to call home.. only this time I wasn't wasting my time with a new guild, and I decided to see what the top guilds of the server were. PAX came up and immediately stood out to me for their well organized impressive recruitment thread and Guild Charter. I decided to fill out an application, which gave me an opportunity to meet many of the members and leaders of the sw:tor branch of PAX, as well as many members of the guild from different titles that PAX is involved with. Ultimately, the application process has given me a chance to show my personality, and give members a chance to ask some prety interesting questions that can at times really make you think.

Overall, I would highly recommend any mature gamers that are looking for a very active Community of dedicated and knowledgeable players to check out the website, and fill out the application.

The Pax gaming community is awesome. I'm still in the process of recruitment. But I am hoping for great things.

The Staff is friendly and helpful. They consistently make me feel like family and if I need help with anything they are always there. Their forums are amazing, not just being with ToR, they have a lot of options for other games as well.

If your looking for a community of great gamer's. Are tired of the drama that effects most guilds. And are tired of being on your own. You should seriously consider applying to Pax. You will not be disappointed. :D:D:D

Hi All,

I am a new recruit in Pax and I was asked to share my experience with the guild. I applied because the members seem to be mature, down to earth people. So far the recruitment has been a "get to know you " process that is very different from the usual guild recruitment protocol. I feel like the members do try to know me as a person, not just a gamer. Even though I am a new player and low level, I do not feel isolated in guild chat. People have been extremely helpful and welcoming. The guild website and forum is very active and informative. It is easy to get in touch with people in game and online, and for a casual gamer like me, that has been very important. So even when I am not playing for hours every day, I can still be an active part of the guild. Thanks for reading.