Do Descendants become more powerful than their Ancestors?

BrandonSM

1.Her own lightning killed her, by having it sent back at her, it killed her and turned her into ash.

2.I am not hating Revan, I am proving a statement wrong.

3.Since when did I have a love for Mara Jade or Surik?

Mara Jade, I laughed at when she got ran down by her own husband's Nephew.

Surik I simply see as the ideal Jedi, the best example of one, someone who is very underrated due to her relation with the second KotOR game and being in Revan's timeline.

I should not have come to this thread. =(

I am just about finished reading the Thrawn Trilogy, getting ready to head into the NJO series and I did not need this spoiler!

I am sorry but that train of thought is wrong. I don't know enough about the lore to say who is more powerful since I don't read SW books but your logic is off.

Just because something can deflect a force does not make it as powerful as that force. A bunker inside a mountain can withstand a nuclear blast but no one is claiming that the bunker is as powerful as the Nuke. You are trying to compare apples to oranges and make a direct comparison and that is just illogical.

If the facts that you two have laid out are correct (since I have never read it) then yes the person that casted the lighting in this case would of killed herself. IT would be like shooting a bullet and having it richochet off of something and come back and hit the person that fired it. That would be considered a suicide or an accidental death.

In this case it doesn't sound like Revan "controlled" the lightning and killed her but that the lightning bounced off and killed her. Which makes it a defensive power and not offensive.

Powers such as deflecting lighting with your own hands or lightsabers is rare skills only a few Forceusers can do . In itself it is powerful to do so but not only that but to know when to do it makes you skilled at the use of it.

Revan was skilled in knowing when to do so and by doing it he turned a move ment to kill him back at its user and turn her to dust without even getting damaged by deflecting it .

Think about it , it turn Nyriss to ash by how powerful the forcelightning was. She was unable to resist her own lighting but Revan resisted it and deflected it back at her.

We can do ""WHAT IFs"" all day but the fact that Nyriss was killed in the fight because Revan deflected ""HER OWN"" Force Lightning back at her and she could not defend from it , says he won the fight .

You guys act like she told him "Hey look Revan I am gonna shoot lightning at you so powerful it will turn you to ash" and by some COSMIC STUMBLING he was able to deflect it back lol >

Sorry friends but Revan won that fight , and the fact Nyriss was beating Scourage and Surik with ease before Revan showed up says alot !

Luke is the best!

Did you all forget he beat darth vader in episode 6?

cut off his hand?

:o

He did, but Vader was conflicted and Luke later said if Vader was really trying he would be dead. I personally don't like that myself, because it really shows all of Luke's training into a jedi knight seem worthless.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Powers such as deflecting lighting with your own hands or lightsabers is rare skills only a few Forceusers can do . In itself it is powerful to do so but not only that but to know when to do it makes you skilled at the use of it.

Revan was skilled in knowing when to do so and by doing it he turned a move ment to kill him back at its user and turn her to dust without even getting damaged by deflecting it .

Think about it , it turn Nyriss to ash by how powerful the forcelightning was. She was unable to resist her own lighting but Revan resisted it and deflected it back at her.

We can do ""WHAT IFs"" all day but the fact that Nyriss was killed in the fight because Revan deflected ""HER OWN"" Force Lightning back at her and she could not defend from it , says he won the fight .

You guys act like she told him "Hey look Revan I am gonna shoot lightning at you so powerful it will turn you to ash" and by some COSMIC STUMBLING he was able to deflect it back lol >

Sorry friends but Revan won that fight , and the fact Nyriss was beating Scourage and Surik with ease before Revan showed up says alot !

Was mace more powerful than Sidious because he deflected Sidious's lightning back at him deforming his face?

Nope, Sidious fried him then pushed him out of the window with ease. He even laughed while doing it yelling he had unlimited power while the moment before that playing weak. He wasn't even going full blast on mace, Nyriss went for a killing blow immediatly and look how that turned out.. :p

:rolleyes:

Edited by _Zorth_

1When you cannot win a debat go to name calling lol . Which is insulting someone if you do not know!

Litteral in the fact that KotoR is nothing like OT movies and books

Litteral in the fact that Revan is killed Nyriss by deflecting lighning .

Always using litteral and logic but neither you facts are , just false and a opinion of point of view.

Revan's ability to deflect her lightning that she ment to kill him and instead of killed her is a win for him no matter how much you try to bed it.

I am insulting you but you are calling me dense lol . Maybe you need to look up the word insult ok ?

2 Pointing out something you are doing isn't insulting ,it would be if I called you a name or if it wasn't true but you do run around in your comments instead of owning them when you are wrong!

3Threads are for debating and statements of topic , if you cannot handle others point of views , opinions , or facts then maybe you should take your own advice . Great have a good day ! :D

You are just deliberately misinterpreting my comments, if anyone cannot handle an argument it is you, you take my comment, attempt to make it mean something else, and then insult me for it, clearly you are just deliberately trying to annoy me, welcome to my block list.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

You are just deliberately misinterpreting my comments, if anyone cannot handle an argument it is you, you take my comment, attempt to make it mean something else, and then insult me for it, clearly you are just deliberately trying to annoy me, welcome to my block list.

You are the one who is mad , clearly you need to grow up a little ! Please Block me , I hope it means I won't have to read your round and round comments that you call facts .

I won't miss you :rolleyes:

Before you say "You are insulting me" I can pull up the many post of your name calling , you clearly need to look up insult.

As for the arguement , I am sorry I do not see things in a small picture

KoToR supposibly a rip off of OT Movies

Or Revans deflecting a Force Lightning Bolt that was ment to kill him back at Nyriss which in turn killed her and did not even phase him.

While before hand she was owning Surik and Scourage until Revan walked up and killed her with her own lightning .

Edited by mefit

Was mace more powerful than Sidious because he deflected Sidious's lightning back at him deforming his face?

Nope, Sidious fried him then pushed him out of the window with ease. He even laughed while doing it yelling he had unlimited power while the moment before that playing weak. He wasn't even going full blast on mace, Nyriss went for a killing blow immediatly and look how that turned out.. :p

:rolleyes:

Mace didnt kill Sidious or did we watch 2 different movies?

Revan killed Nyriss with a killing blow she ment for him and was put back at her . Thats skill and his ability to resist it and do such a rare feet is power .

Mace blocked lightning with his lightsaber which is sorta rare I guess but no where as rare as someone doing it with his hand and killing the person who shot lightning at him .

Also Sidious was playing with Mace , Nyriss wasn't playing with Revan .

Edited by mefit

Just a question.

Because it seems true.

Sateele more powerful than Revan.

Luke seemingly like he could be more powerful than Anakin if Anakin if Ani reached his full potential.

Jaina and Caedus seemed allot stronger in the Force than Luke.

Etc...

What do you guys think?

Anakin is more powerful then Luke, Revan and Bastila are more powerful then Satele

Anakin is more powerful then Luke, Revan and Bastila are more powerful then Satele

You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Luke and Anakin had the exact same potential. Straight from Lucas' mouth, they are the same. Luke achieved that potential, Anakin did not.

From what we've seen, canonically Satele is actually more powerful than both Revan and Bastila. Neither Revan or Bastila were able to utilize Tutaminis (Force Absorb (When Satele blocked Malgus' lightsaber with her bare hands)) to the same degree of which Satele could as a Padawan, hell Bastila couldn't use it at all from what I remember. Satele is a complete powerhouse of a Jedi so far, we haven't even seen everything she can do, but that little display of Tutaminis puts her pretty freaking high on the "Force Users of OPness" scale.

The funny thing is, if Coran Horn was ever able to absorb enough energy through Tutaminis (the Horn (formerly Halcyon) family has the highest, if not higher, proficiency in that skill outside of the Skywalker line) he probably could have outpowered Luke on occasion.

Edited by Aximand

Rayla there is no use arguing when you are 100% right, and they are 100% wrong.

Just a question.

Because it seems true.

Sateele more powerful than Revan.

Luke seemingly like he could be more powerful than Anakin if Anakin if Ani reached his full potential.

Jaina and Caedus seemed allot stronger in the Force than Luke.

Etc...

What do you guys think?

There is a simple explanation - when writing a story that continues a long standing saga (like Star Wars), it is usually a good idea to make the next generation a little bit better than their parents/descendants; in real life parents always want their children to live better than they did, and a lot of readers want to see this dynamic in what they read. So even if logic and canon say Luke is the most powerful Jedi ever and will never be exceeded, creative license affords authors the opportunity to bend that logic to make their story more believable.