Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

Played 3 back to back WZ's this morning we had 3 sorcs with stun bubble, and the other team had 6 smashmonkeys. We lost every match, and all of us were in WH with some EWH. The bubbles only slowed the monkeys but we got rolled every match so again I do not see the bubble or having more than two sorcs changing a match, however have 3 or more smash monkeys always seems to swing the match (likely why I keep seeing so money in WZ's).

If the nerf bat needs to be swinged, I can see many other places it needs to hit other than sorcs.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snipped for length.

It seems like you didn't read my post very well because you don't seem to realize what aspects of the bubble I consider bugged. Changing it to a stun was a very understandable tweak that made the bubble worthwhile as a defensive measure that didn't just give someone free resolve.

I also don't consider putting it on teammates a "bug." But there is a case to be made that having 1 or 2 of these guys on each team makes warzones unfun stunfests. A very sloppy solution by Bioware.

It clearly is a bug that you can trigger the effect by clicking it off. I shouldn't be able to stun you while stunned myself.

I also happen to think the resolve amount is a bug. People make the argument that the stun is not [supposed to be] on demand, so the resolve amount is appropriate. Not a bad point, but did the old mez bubble give 150 resolve?

Once again, I'm very sorry that once these are fixed you will actually have to carefully consider who you bubble and when instead of handing them out like candy and seeing if you can get all 16 people in the warzone simul-stunned.

So ask for being clicked off to be fixed- that does sound like a bugfix- but you're telling me to change everything I've said about the bubble being nerfed should be called a bugfix.... when in fact, I've never said that the clicking the buff off should be kept.

That's a bugfix- all the other things being asked for are nerfs- whether you think they're needed nerfs or not is irrelevant, it is a nerf in every way- and it is a nerf that will remove the one useful thing sorcs bring to RWZ, and the one bit of survivability that isn't a piece of cake to counter.

Really- this thread is a bunch of melee whining about sorc CC when that's all sorcs offer- because it sucks to be chain bubbled. I just played a match with three sents, a jugg and two sins- spent 90% of the game stunned or mezzed, and then spent the entirety of my white bar rooted, and rooted, and rooted, and rooted.

Thing is- people here are eager to whine about CC when it'll get another class (in this case, sorcs) nerfed- but point out that the biggest CC class in the game is also the most mobile, has some of the heaviest damage and healer killing abilities, and has the best defensives too; and those same people freak out and start screaming about how anyone who asks for nerfs is a whiner who sucks at the game- again, the exact same people who have spent the last 8 months defending their precious marauders by saying anyone who asks for a nerf sucks are whining nonstop for one of the weakest classes to get a nerf.

Of course- since BW bends over any time marauders ask- this is a nerf that's going to happen, and it'll undoubtedly be huge and break the class so all will be good (there's barely any sorcs left to complain anyway).

So ask for being clicked off to be fixed- that does sound like a bugfix- but you're telling me to change everything I've said about the bubble being nerfed should be called a bugfix.... when in fact, I've never said that the clicking the buff off should be kept.

That's a bugfix- all the other things being asked for are nerfs- whether you think they're needed nerfs or not is irrelevant, it is a nerf in every way- and it is a nerf that will remove the one useful thing sorcs bring to RWZ, and the one bit of survivability that isn't a piece of cake to counter.

Really- this thread is a bunch of melee whining about sorc CC when that's all sorcs offer- because it sucks to be chain bubbled. I just played a match with three sents, a jugg and two sins- spent 90% of the game stunned or mezzed, and then spent the entirety of my white bar rooted, and rooted, and rooted, and rooted.

Thing is- people here are eager to whine about CC when it'll get another class (in this case, sorcs) nerfed- but point out that the biggest CC class in the game is also the most mobile, has some of the heaviest damage and healer killing abilities, and has the best defensives too; and those same people freak out and start screaming about how anyone who asks for nerfs is a whiner who sucks at the game- again, the exact same people who have spent the last 8 months defending their precious marauders by saying anyone who asks for a nerf sucks are whining nonstop for one of the weakest classes to get a nerf.

Of course- since BW bends over any time marauders ask- this is a nerf that's going to happen, and it'll undoubtedly be huge and break the class so all will be good (there's barely any sorcs left to complain anyway).

fungihoujo has it all correct again, been PVP all week on my sorc on Shadowlands, and at the most I have seen 2-3 others sorc on the imperial side. Where I see 4-6 smashers in every WZ. They nerf this without applying some balance the rest of us will retire our lighting and bubbles and pick up our smash monkeys. I assume this is BW/EA goal, to just have a endless smash fest in every WZ.

Not reading all the posts so prob has been said but bubble stun is not OP. However, it can make for boring pvp condidering the resolve system this game has.

This is what we should talk about and ask for it nerfed in this fashion. I think even most people that use it understand it makes for boring pvp.

Best solution imo is to make it caster only and give sorcs that high up in that tree some other boost. Maybe make it do dmg instead of stun when casted on others. Or make it set off a hot on the target (or both).

Not reading all the posts so prob has been said but bubble stun is not OP. However, it can make for boring pvp condidering the resolve system this game has.

This is what we should talk about and ask for it nerfed in this fashion. I think even most people that use it understand it makes for boring pvp.

Best solution imo is to make it caster only and give sorcs that high up in that tree some other boost. Maybe make it do dmg instead of stun when casted on others. Or make it set off a hot on the target (or both).

It does- it's not interesting to be chain stunned, nor is it interesting to have to put my bubble back up on my team every 20 seconds to be viable.

But... right now the bubble defends against half a smash crit- so it's not preventing enough damage. Our survivability and damage are both garbage.

And- it's also not interesting to be chain rooted through resolve, or to be killed by two mara in 3 seconds with zero chance to counter- I'd be much, much, much more willing to talk about getting the CC of my class reduced once I see the side which has too many defensives, too many roots, too much mobility, too much interrupt/healing killing ability, and way way way too much burst talking about all the things that are making the game less fun- which even includes CC, the very thing they're complaining about.

However- as long as marauders want to say being able to chain 9 seconds of roots together, on abilities with tiny CDs, through resolve isn't a problem, or in another spec that being able to auto crit for up to 8k on a group followed by a 4k bladestorm- ending with a 4k ranged execute isn't too much damage in too little time- that having an aoe instant mez, stealth escape, group speed buff, etc... and numerous defensives isn't too much utility and survivability...

I'm willing to talk about what's wrong with the game- but I'm not willing to listen to one side whine nonstop about a single ability sorcs have that is causing grief when they are completely unable to fathom discussing anything that could suggest their class is OP- something that everyone who isn't a marauder agrees with across the board.

It does- it's not interesting to be chain stunned, nor is it interesting to have to put my bubble back up on my team every 20 seconds to be viable.

But... right now the bubble defends against half a smash crit- so it's not preventing enough damage. Our survivability and damage are both garbage.

And- it's also not interesting to be chain rooted through resolve, or to be killed by two mara in 3 seconds with zero chance to counter- I'd be much, much, much more willing to talk about getting the CC of my class reduced once I see the side which has too many defensives, too many roots, too much mobility, too much interrupt/healing killing ability, and way way way too much burst talking about all the things that are making the game less fun- which even includes CC, the very thing they're complaining about.

However- as long as marauders want to say being able to chain 9 seconds of roots together, on abilities with tiny CDs, through resolve isn't a problem, or in another spec that being able to auto crit for up to 8k on a group followed by a 4k bladestorm- ending with a 4k ranged execute isn't too much damage in too little time- that having an aoe instant mez, stealth escape, group speed buff, etc... and numerous defensives isn't too much utility and survivability...

I'm willing to talk about what's wrong with the game- but I'm not willing to listen to one side whine nonstop about a single ability sorcs have that is causing grief when they are completely unable to fathom discussing anything that could suggest their class is OP- something that everyone who isn't a marauder agrees with across the board.

^^^ This X1000, should be made a post-it on the PVP forums.

Good post good post.

I've been lurking the PvP forum for a month or two now. With regards to PvP, if there was one post a Bioware/EA employee or developer should see, it is this one, particularly the highlighted paragraph. Just reading that paragraph made me want to quit the game and it encouraged me to make my first forum post. (my two mains and only 50s i have are a merc and an op [lol]) I say we make huge picket signs with that paragraph on it and march to wherever the dev work.

Edited by kazh
snippet at end

I've been lurking the PvP forum for a month or two now. With regards to PvP, if there was one post a Bioware/EA employee or developer should see, it is this one, particularly the highlighted paragraph. Just reading that paragraph made me want to quit the game and it encouraged me to make my first forum post. (my two mains and only 50s i have are a merc and an op [lol]) I say we make huge picket signs with that paragraph on it and march to wherever the dev work.

Two Mercs wow I am sorry, the only class that has been beat harder than Sorcs. I know how you feel, there have been a few times in WZ's when I have just wanted to quit this game. Starting to Force speed from a jumper and have him choke me (pulling me out of Force speed) than have his team mate jump in on me and kill me with two buttons. The rest of the team around me did not even have time to react. But hey stunbubbles are OP right, just because it slows them down sometimes. (not when it is on me, only when it is on a Jugg, Mara, or PT on my team.