Remember that Free Name Change? I do... heh.

JaceMatai

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

The free rename for subscribers is looking good to hit with 2.2.1 in tomorrow morning's maintenance! Hope that helps.

-eric

PS - Unrelated, but sure to come up... Paid Character Transfers are still looking good too!

Glad to hear it.

I wouldn't hurt if you throw a free single appearance change session toward those folks that have been subbed for a while...they could use some candy.

Hey folks,

The free rename for subscribers is looking good to hit with 2.2.1 in tomorrow morning's maintenance! Hope that helps.

-eric

PS - Unrelated, but sure to come up... Paid Character Transfers are still looking good too!

Is it for one character each or one per account?

If this doesn't make it live, expect a glorious day on the forums tomorrow.

:rak_03:

Edited by Pistols

Personally, I didn't use a name that I don't like. If you don't like your name, why'd you roll with it to begin with? :t_tongue:

Thats nice for you, but for all those people who got forced server merges, forced name changes, and had their first 50 name choices taken already on rename might have gotten frustrated, and just picked a name like TLDR so they could get back to playing their character...

So, yeah, a few free name changes wouldnt hurt. And by a few i mean more than one.

Thats nice for you, but for all those people who got forced server merges, forced name changes, and had their first 50 name choices taken already on rename might have gotten frustrated, and just picked a name like TLDR so they could get back to playing their character...

So, yeah, a few free name changes wouldnt hurt. And by a few i mean more than one.

Not gonna happen. We got ONE and since they charge for them, I would think we should be happy we even got that...

there wasn't a 'verify' type button either, so when i picked a name that was taken, i just started trying new things. then all of a sudden, it was like, 'that's your new name' after i was just randomly entering stuff trying to find something not taken.

that name, by the way, was 'stabby' for an operative. i bet it was a cathar that found out 'tabby' was taken, so they starter randomly entering stuff too. stabby, if you're out there, i'm coming for you. meet at the tatooine pvp area so we can talk about our names.

Hey folks,

-eric

Um revans set fix?

This. At pre-release I got lucky to reserve my very normal names without vowel accents on PO5 (Liam, Imperius, Evie, Tanken) and was forced to change when the merge happened. I was furious and threw vowel accents on it after that. Now, I'd very much like to come up with some good ones without accents.

Of course, no person that I lost those names to ever logged in again after the merges. It's a shame this free rename doesn't come with the option to reclaim what was taken from you.

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

Hey folks,

-eric

Interesting, didn't mention it in the patch notes that were just put out. Aw sorry guys, gotta wait some more!:p

If this doesn't make it live, expect a glorious day on the forums tomorrow.

:rak_03:

Eveni if it does go live, expect a glorious day in the forums. ;)

If character transfer does not make it live... it will be rant-a-saurus_rex in the forums about how "Bioware iz fail!"

If character transfer does make it live... it will still be rant-a-saurus_rex in the forums, but it will center on "how dare they go live with that price!" and/or "how dare they not offer a bulk discount... we told them we wanted a bulk discount!!"

Edited by Andryah

Hey folks,

-eric

Eric,

I don't see it in the patch notes nor do I see anything in my game mail, or regular email. Did this get delayed again? Or did my account get overlooked?

Thanks in advance.