Master Sidonie Garen - solo?

Soulchilde

Wasn't she patched in version 1.1? I believe she's not as hard now as she used to be.

Yes she was. Easier now.

I had a hard time with Sidonie when I encountered her as a 30 sage. Racked up a lot of repair costs :p Left and came back as lvl 32. Easy as pie. Used Qyzen as companion.

As others have said, interrupts are king for this fight.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proceeded to defeat Vivicar and complete the Fortitude quests at lvl 30 without a hitch. The one I did not manage to defeat is the optional lvl 32 Champion sith sorcerer on the Fortitude. Has anyone bested her?

Yeah, bested her a couple of days ago, though I was a Level 32 Infiltration specced Shadow. She took an age, and forced me to go from Shadow to Combat Technique, but she was doable. The trick was having Theran with me, and using my medpack at one point, amongst other things...

I assume you mean Tasandra in the cargo hold? The other thing is: make sure you rescue those bodyguards in the hanger area when you first arrive! Or do you mean the one on the upper level of the command deck? She was also a pain, and dropped an entirely useless purple item.

Tim

Edited by Timberley

• 3 weeks later...

I killed this chick as a lvl 28 shadow (consular). Heres a nice trick for ya.

First of all, Theron is a MUST, at least at this level.

Interupt her force blast and her projects EVERY time using either our kick, stun, or knockback

Force speed out of her aoe. The range is MUCH larger than the blue circle so ****

Stagger your CDs throughout the fight

Make sure your heroic moment is up, but only use it on a confident pull, its a long CD

Finally, heres a sweet trick...once your HP startes to drop below 50%, use force lift on her. This will incapacitate her, give theron some time to heal you up, and let you use mind crush for some extra damage and dot. Its a fantastic break during the fight.

happy killing!

Easily beat her as shadow infiltration with Tharan at lvl 29. No kiting, only clubbing and interrupting. I stack only willpower, power, and accuracy; no **** stats.

Proceeded to defeat Vivicar and complete the Fortitude quests at lvl 30 without a hitch. The one I did not manage to defeat is the optional lvl 32 Champion sith sorcerer on the Fortitude. Has anyone bested her?

Yes, although she didn't drop anything but credits so I was kind of upset. The key to her is saving all the prisoners on the ship before you get to her, then they end up helping you out in the fight. The extra DPS is certainly nice.

As for Sidonie, she was a cakewalk, fought her around 32 as balance shadow with Theran, don't think she even lasted 45 seconds, fight was as big a joke as Vivicar using interupts.

• 2 weeks later...
I am a level 32 balance sage and I cannot seem to beat her!! Any advice would be great...thank you!

Got my fight frapsed, have to check when at home. From what I remember though, key thing (as with any boss really) is interupt. Think she only had one major attack, interupt that and have Tharan around to heal you and you shouldnt have any problems, the fight has even been nerfed down a lot from my first encounter on other sage.

If you feel you're taking too much dmg, kite her around a bit to let Tharan heal, use force wave to gain distance and so on. And lastly, unless you need it for extra interupt, have Force Lift available in case you are about to die. Just lift her, heal up and try again - no need to die.

Plenty of god advice already, but I feel the most important one is: ditch Qyzen, use Tharan (if you're not heal specced, of course).

The thing with Qyzen is that we get badly used to his mediocre tanking and then we find those bosses who dish out a metric ton of damage with their targeted AoE and Qyzen goes splat since he does not run away from the AoE and is too slow to answer our micro managing.

Once you get Tharan and gear him out (I had been playing with Qyzen up to then and found his heals pretty mediocre.. only to realize I was 35 and he still had level 20 gear, no ear piece, no helm, no implants) you can play the LoS game.

Interrupt, use things to block LoS, slow, use Speed Force.. and of course, since you're laying the hurt you can escape their AoEs since you have the agro. Tharan will be safe and keep on pumping you with HP. Sometimes not enough to keep up with the damage but that's where the interrupting, stunning, running-with-Speed-Force comes in.

Edit: I noticed this does not answer your question in any valuable way, but she was just one elite amongst all other others I slapped down and didn't register as more than a speed bump. At that level range I was still using Qyzen.

Edited by CedricDur

• 2 weeks later...
lvl 27 resto sage. I geared up Qyzen better then myself up to that point. After failing twice using him I changed to Theran and 1 shot it. Just make sure to switch between stun and knockback for heal and mind snap for project storm (the latter being the far worse spell), run away from forcequake.

Plenty of god advice already, but I feel the most important one is: ditch Qyzen, use Tharan (if you're not heal specced, of course).

The thing with Qyzen is that we get badly used to his mediocre tanking and then we find those bosses who dish out a metric ton of damage with their targeted AoE and Qyzen goes splat since he does not run away from the AoE and is too slow to answer our micro managing.

As a thought, you could put Qyzen into attack stance and kite Garen around instead. Keep breaking LOS, peppering him with Project, etc. If he turns around to slap the lizard around, interrupt him, hit Garen with whatever you think will hurt most, and resume run-and-gun.

Use interrupts. Almost all fights with the sage are doable with any companion if you use your interrupt.

I was really disappointed on my sage with the boss fights. I kept reading how hard they were and so far they have been incredibly easy. Interrupts seem to be the key for all of them. Interrupt, heal when you get low and otherwise DPS them.

Sidonie was like this, 1 shot at around level 30 short fight no issues.

Vivicar is the same. You interrupt has a shorter cooldown than force crush the ability you have to intterupt. Outside of force crush he does very poor damage.

I just did this quest today i was lvl 31, with qyzen. I play a telekenetic jc. i made sure to bubble qyzen and keep him bubbled, not only that but i let him do his thing while i healed and used all 3 interrupts.

while i couldnt stop 1/4 of her cast i was able to stop enough that qyzen didnt take as much damage as he would have, had i not interrupted anything.

i love the dps i do but the fact that she was doing so much damage, i had to suck it up and heal like there was no tomorrow. she actually died before i realized it, i got so into keeping qyzens health up so much that was stilling casting heals while he was standing next to me.

I am a level 32 balance sage and I cannot seem to beat her!! Any advice would be great...thank you!

Use Theran.

Do NOT use your DOTs.

Turn off Theran's DOT shot.

Use interupts as suggested earlier.

I tended to not interupt force quake but moved out of it's AOE. The big thing is, as SOON as you see her start casting quake, move. It's centered on where you were when she STARTS casting. So if you're fast enough, you'll take no damage from it then can damage her while she's busy channeling it.

When Holiday is dancing around her, let Holiday dance for the full 8 seconds (those DOTs you turned off would have interupted the Holiday-Hulu-dance as soon as they ticked) Don't attack, heal yourself up, and refresh force armor and/or let the "You can't have this effect" timer expire.

Quite frankly I found the key was Holiday. Theran can fire her off so often, you'll always have plenty of time to heal yourself up.

Oh one other thing... make sure you stay away from Theran. You want him dedicated to healing you and giving Sidone plenty of Hoidays. If he gets caught in the Quake effect, he'll waste valuable heal/dps time on himself instead. He's ranged so as long as you dont end up causing Sidone to move more then 30M away, he should stay put. Oh and make sure you have your "Cleanse" ready for whenever she casts Force Lift on Theran. Cleanse will remove Force Lift and wake Theran up early.

I just did it as a level 28. Theran works. Just need to keep using reset. Your AOE pushback, stun, reset ability, etc. Was tough, but the following fight with your old master seemed to me a bit tougher. Again, level 31 boss vs. me at level 28....

I just did it as a level 28. Theran works. Just need to keep using reset. Your AOE pushback, stun, reset ability, etc. Was tough, but the following fight with your old master seemed to me a bit tougher. Again, level 31 boss vs. me at level 28....

I actualy found the fight with Youn (sp?) to be a lot easier. The room is small, but full of pillars to duck out of LOS with. Matter of fact, for some reason when you're out of her LOS her Force Lift misses Theran. The only thing I used my interupt on for that fight was her Heals. (it helps that she mostly seems to use Disturbance)

• 2 weeks later...
I just did this with my lv28 seer sage, with tharan, interrupting force quake and heal is the way to do this. I can't interrupt others because she resists the interrupt sometimes so I have to have a spare one just in case. The fight with Yuon immediately afterwards was much easier, she doesnt use heal unless you interrupt the force disturbance, and tharan can heal through that.

• 2 weeks later...
This quest is just one of the hundreds of reasons I cancelled my account last night. I am level 33 and NONE of my attacks will do any damage to her. I've tried 5 times and the most damage I have done is around 100 points :( This quest and a lot of others are obviously broken for a lot of people because we can not damage the NPC we are supposed to kill.

A guild was having issue doing it so when I got my sage to the right level, I did this

Same level as I am, but my attacks don't do much damage and my companion is killed in under 10 seconds. Like I said, the quest is obviously broken for a lot of us. I've never had the fight last longer than 15 seconds before I was dead.

If you are doing ALL the side quests There is no reason you should not be over level when you get to Sidone. If you have not completed ALL side quests on Alderann yet do so and save her for last.

Of course there is always the "bring a friend" solution that seems to work 10/10 times