Guardian Dps?

Ghosthawks

I'm Guardian (level 28 so far) DPS and I can tell you with certainty that my damage is exceptionally high both on PvE and PvP. I have been many times, first on the damage meters in Warzones. Guardian DPS basically is as viable as any other DPS tree in the game so the choice is purely cosmetic, meaning what your eyes prefer to see.

I hope that helped.

Have fun and see you in-game! :cool:

I'm Guardian (level 28 so far) DPS and I can tell you with certainty that my damage is exceptionally high both on PvE and PvP. I have been many times, first on the damage meters in Warzones. Guardian DPS basically is as viable as any other DPS tree in the game so the choice is purely cosmetic, meaning what your eyes prefer to see.

I hope that helped.

Have fun and see you in-game! :cool:

Can you share your spec?

pve, it largely depends on splash damage. and if the scenario warrants aoe.

other classes are simply going to outperform guardians at AOE if the situation warrants it.

single mob? I'm too low level to give a solid opinion (18), but I can say up to this point, I've had no issues being at top in warzones and i seem to do fairly well in groups as a dps while tanking.

I'm far from teh best reference source, but if it helps, more power to ya.

I wish I would have choose Guardian instead of Sentinel :(

this is the first mmo where i feel my first char was the right choice.

i was so conflicted on doing assassin/sorcerer or maurader. I bailed on MARA cause i didnt like the attack animations for 2 sabers and felt it wasnt going to fit my long term eye-candy needs.

then i felt like i was stuck between assassin and sorc... i was going to do sorcerer because they seemed powerful, but the idea of casting nothing but lightning constantly just sounded lame over time, and when i found out their saber is basically just a stat stick, i flopped to assassin.

then i bailed on assasin when i realised how squishy they were prone to be, and their abilities didnt match my play style (i dont like sneaking). I knew they would be strong vs heavy armor, but i also knew if htey werent 1v1, they'd get ***** also.

so then i saw a video of a juggernaut, loved the idea of pvp spec sweep burst damage, felt i could turn the spec into a dps build that would be suitable based on dmg output i saw in videos at lvl 50.... so i rolled guardian (cause i like being a nice guy).

so far, feel it was the right choice. i have not been made fun of for being dps - i'll gladly tank, but ill make them aware im not going to be the most efficient at it. i'll switch forms during fights, use tank form when appropriate, dps when appropriate, etc. so far no issues with it and i'm satisfied with dmg output.

so far i've yet to not come in near the top in damage during warzones. i don't die much (ussually 3-6 times a match). and most of those deaths tend to be objective related (sacrifice to save or score a point). I don't roll with a healer and i seem to have very good survivability so far --- but this is all at lvl 18. It may change drastically later.

all the gripes ive seen of people saying we arent adequate at lower levels and have no CC and everyone else does -- i've not had any issues countering anything thrown at me. The only class taht gives me issues with other guardian/juggs and assassins/shadow. Typically i'll use the environment to beat assassin/shadows, or i'll just tactically reduce myself as a target and then make sure i burn them quickly so they dont focus on me. juggs/guards it depends on the player. most ppl don't seem to have a strong grasp on their class yet, so most are not a challenge, but i expect this to change later on as people get more comfortable.

Im confused between the 2 dps specs. As I understand it, the focus spec (rage) the big trick is making your sweep (smash) crit after using force leap adn zealous leap, so I guess its the more burst dps? Does focus also increae you stasis and push damage?

Now is vigilance based more on saber attacks and is it more of a consistant dps?

Im confused between the 2 dps specs. As I understand it, the focus spec (rage) the big trick is making your sweep (smash) crit after using force leap adn zealous leap, so I guess its the more burst dps? Does focus also increae you stasis and push damage?

Now is vigilance based more on saber attacks and is it more of a consistant dps?

focus = mainly burst damage, yes.

focus has perks to increase all force damage, and strike, and a stance. so it can be made to do a few things. it can increase stasis and push dmg by increasing your force damage (up to 30%)

vigilence = more saber attacks. I would *assume* it would be the best dps against sustained opponents that last a while.

I would imagine they'd be near equal in dmg for pvp, but, that being said, focus seems to do more useful damage in teh sense you can control when the damage happens and "burn" opponents down when you choose to. It's much easier to kill a healer when u can focus your effort and burn his HP at 40% than it is to sustain dps and kill him to 40% while he is trying to heal, for instance.

also, it makes it easier to leap onto a low hp opponent and crit smash him dead, then move on and rinse/repeat.

focus isn't utterly useless when sweep isnt active though - you can increase sunder strike/strike to do more damage and use that as a dps source while waiting for sweep to refresh.

i should add, the reason their dps is near equal in pvp even though vigilence does more sustained dps is because inherently, you're going to do AOE damage as a focus crit splasher. this aoe damage should send you pretty high.

i would imagine it'd be hard for vigilence to keep up with dmg charts during pvp, but im sure it can depending on the types of fights you're getting into and the scenario. if you're constantly jumping into 5 enemies, then obviously focus will do more splash damage. if you're soloing someone, then it depends on variables i cant calculate.

I like the "traditional" jedi archtype from the movies, sabers, some force powers and I like burst so I am leaning towards focus, do you feel this build will struggle in the lower levels until you get felling blow (the crit skill for sweep) which isnt until 25 and 26. Would vigilance be a better build until then?

Hmmm. I may pick Guardian over Sentinel now since my friend wants to go sentinel. Only one question: How does the armor look? If I make my guy average size (as in not huge looking), will the Heavy armor look really bulky? And how easy is it to find a heavy armor with robe?

I ask that, by the way, because I swear in every video I can find of Jedi Guardian gameplay, the guy is always huge and bulky.

Edited by xCOLBYJACKx

Hmmm. I may pick Guardian over Sentinel now since my friend wants to go sentinel. Only one question: How does the armor look? If I make my guy average size (as in not huge looking), will the Heavy armor look really bulky? And how easy is it to find a heavy armor with robe?

I ask that, by the way, because I swear in every video I can find of Jedi Guardian gameplay, the guy is always huge and bulky.

IMO the heavy armor looks cooler on body type 3, but it doesn't look stupid on body type 2--it looks good on anything except fatass.

You get robey-looking heavy armor that looks really cool.

• 1 month later...

you will but 50 pvp armor looks like samurai one..

iam lvl 47 dinged today and I started pvping yesterday, becaouse of low fps before. now after patch - I assume its ok so I dont leave WZ's any sec (9am-23 today) :-)

I didnt have any problem fighthing any class with my guardian.

I wanted DPS and rolled Vigiliance and it's very nice - Plasma Brand and Overhead Slash should IMO watch cooler tho.. Didnt have any problem fighthing with sorcs, but when they are with any other class its unkillable without sorc class on our side.

on lvl 43 ganked 49 lvl sniper yesterday :-)

also killed two times 50lvl while being on 42..

cutting the post to short words: pvp as guardian is good, I think damage overall and DPS is as good as other classes in addition using defense stance I could tank any instance till lvl 47 - will see what's next So: it's very interesting class - caouse I had opportunity to try being a tank for the first time.

PVP heavy armor looks like crap, please Bioware change it to something - movie style! ;-)

Hope that helps

ant_