Scheduled Maintenance: June 12th, 2013 [UPDATED 6:45AM PDT]

AmberGreen

It sucks, but we've been waiting for transfers since day one.

What's another day or two?

I've only been waiting for weeks. I recently found a different server that fit me better. I was really looking forward to tomorrow. Like, counting down the days.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another side note: How long will this delay take? Will our lockouts be reset? What about the people who decided to transfer to another server, and told their guild out of courtesy and now wont be able to do anything due to not having a place to play.

Suggestion: Delay 2.2 until next tuesday and release server transfers tomorrow.as scheduled.

This is only if 2.2 must absolutely be delayed past tomorrow.

Edited by deceptweb

I must say that bioware is doing the right thing here. I understand people are upset because they have taken days off from work and stuff, but they made the right call.

I've been here since launch and bioware has done some silly things but this is not one of them.

As i read the post I can understand what happened. They dad the fixes lined up for a couple bugs. As they implemented these fixes a couple more bugs surfaced. These things happen. I applaud you bioware for making the right call here. Keep the communication coming just as you have been.

Oh and fix PvP bolster. And give us some better relics to choose from.

Do you have to be so rational? Just kidding, money post.

I must say that bioware is doing the right thing here. I understand people are upset because they have taken days off from work and stuff, but they made the right call.

I've been here since launch and bioware has done some silly things but this is not one of them.

As i read the post I can understand what happened. They dad the fixes lined up for a couple bugs. As they implemented these fixes a couple more bugs surfaced. These things happen. I applaud you bioware for making the right call here. Keep the communication coming just as you have been.

Oh and fix PvP bolster. And give us some better relics to choose from.

Eric, would be nice if you give some more Information, like if the patch will be deployed this week or not. Cause else most guilds/teams will waste their lockouts on HM and won't be able to attend in NiM Mode.

Or you should consider to reset the lockouts if the Patch will still come later this week!

Eric, would be nice if you give some more Information, like if the patch will be deployed this week or not. Cause else most guilds/teams will waste their lockouts on HM and won't be able to attend in NiM Mode.

Or you should consider to reset the lockouts if the Patch will still come later this week!

To clarify two points in the thread. Although I don't have exact timing yet, Game Update 2.2 will not be tomorrow (6/11) at all. The maintenance is delayed past tomorrow.

Don't do HM

I'm not typically about voicing my grief on the forums, but this is the ultimate screw you to PvE guilds.

You really should have just stopped here.

SV HM was a joke of an instance and was easily completed in 63 gear.

Hurray for y'all!!!!!

On Friday before Memorial Day at the end of the work day, Nightmare TFB was released to the PTS, template forum posts were made, and bioware disappeared for their holiday weekend. Players lockouts were transferred from LIVE and people had copy issues, there was not a single response until TUESDAY.

If you are a professional....did you work during the Memorial Day Weekend? If not then ****.

Guilds were outraged that the instance was even placed on the PTS. Several bugs were located on PTS and reported and no information or response was given. Our personal experience denied us entry to 16 NiM and didn't even allow our guild to test the instance. This information was relayed to your development team.

What was the response? We have not touched the PTS build since it was put up, but we'll be patching it either today or tomorrow. What happens after that? The PTS is taken down.

Welcome to the PTS.

This "NEW" content, which has been out for 9 freaking months, has been scheduled for release, as such many people have scheduled their own personal time to race towards downing this content. People take off work, guilds change their raid schedules, and our completely welcome to this level of flexibility, even excited for it.

Priorities are a little skewed here but just use this day of vacation to clean the house!

Then you crap on us again. This is literally the worst experience I've had in any game. The patch was supposed to be out in less than a day, how could you not have known this was going to happen this close to release? You should be working around the clock, rather than saying awww screw it we'll fix it tomorrow.

Who says they aren't working around the clock on the issues? They never said that it's just being shelved until they decide to fix the problems.

Meh. People gonna QQ.

I actually took two vacation days for TfB NiM progress. Thanks Bioware. Epic fail.

Try this:

1) 'Hey boss - you know those days off I took, I'm gonna cancel them and come in instead'. He'll love you. You never miss something till it's gone.

or

2) 'Hey, it's summer and I got two whole days off to just enjoy myself, and I don't even have SWTOR to distract me'.

It's the literal definition of win-win.

I'm not trying to be an apologist for EA/Bioware, because they have made a lot of mistakes but...

Software is not easy.

Making release dates is not easy.

The amount of changes they get out in the brief timeframe they have is actually quite large (given the small crew they have to work with).

You'll get over them being late, it's not the end of the world.

And if the world really does end before this patch is released, I guess you'll should thank them because you were out doing something more constructive with your time.

I'm not trying to be an apologist for EA/Bioware, because they have made a lot of mistakes but...

Software is not easy.

Making release dates is not easy.

The amount of changes they get out in the brief timeframe they have is actually quite large (given the small crew they have to work with).

You'll get over them being late, it's not the end of the world.

And if the world really does end before this patch is released, I guess you'll should thank them because you were out doing something more constructive with your time.

That stuff is completely understandable, but they had time, and they didn't do their due diligence with the PTS, and as such could this mess have been avoided? I think so. Could they have foreseen this further out from today? I think so.

A lot goes in to maintaining and scheduling a 16 man guild, and the constant kicks to the nuts makes it even harder.

Edited by deceptweb

To clarify two points in the thread. Although I don't have exact timing yet, Game Update 2.2 will not be tomorrow (6/11) at all. The maintenance is delayed past tomorrow.

As for the specific bug. What we needed to fix were some critical bugs inside of the the new Nightmare Mode Operation, which would need to be fixed before the Update went live. Upon implementing those fixes the Game Update itself became unstable. That is what we are working through now.

Hope that gives a bit of insight.

-eric

Sometimes I really don't think Bioware knows the purpose of the test server. The test server is used to find bugs isn't it? Weren't these bugs reported before today? Yet Bioware waits until today (the day before the patch goes live) to write the code to fix them and then, when the fixes break the rest of the code, the patch needs to be delayed? The test server was taken down 5 days ago. That wasn't enough time to fix the bugs and test the new code?