Malckiah

Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding. The class stories are amazing. Its by far what I (and alot of others) love about this game. :D

Yep, and if they were to introduce some way to replay the story, one of the biggest arguements against Class stories would go out the window (no "replayability").

It seems Bioware is playing around with having things scale to level, like the new KDY FP and some of the events - here's to hoping it'll eventually get applied on a wider scale.

It would also do wonders to fix the complaints a lot of people have about the Double XP events (outleveling their stories).

Edited by Callaron

Thanks for the poll.

I hope Bioware sees this.

RotHC was awesome and all.... and Makeb is a beautiful planet, but I would have really liked to see a REAL chapter 4. 8 unique classes with 5 unique companions with hours upon hours of dialogue, THATS what makes this game great. Makeb isnt chapter 4.... its an interlude. Just like every other content update since launch has been.

A REAL chapter 4 would have:

A new planet

More companion dialogue (increased affection cap with more conversation steps)

A new objective (unique to each class)

RotHC only had one of these things, and you honestly just cant call it chapter 4.

The inquisitor and warrior responses/conversation with Darth Marr perfectly address this problem. Not only is the resolution of their act 3 stories barely mention, but they are shoved to the side to make room for a stream lined one size fits all story that every class goes through. Thats just a World Arc bioware... they are on every planet.....

/rant

The only thing on my wishlist:

1. Mounts mechanics. For example, a rotation that makes mounts travel faster, or mount weapons with purchasable/lootable upgrades. Introduce combat mounts like the Walkers from ewok battle in Return of the Jedi. Introduce mounted pvp/pve.

Heh. Love when this thread makes it back up top. It keeps going and going...

And a good sample sized too. Well worth a look BW.

Plus it has Eric's approval. While nothing is set in stone, it should provide them with an idea of things we'd like aside from the obvious Class Story, which will come when they decide if at all.

Plus it has Eric's approval. While nothing is set in stone, it should provide them with an idea of things we'd like aside from the obvious Class Story, which will come when they decide if at all.

True. I'm not advocating anything in particular, but the break out is interesting aside from class quests. To me, that was a given. But look how high a new class rated for example. A good point to start an investigation IMO.

So the current run away leader by a huge margin is more class story, pretty much the one thing they have repeatedly said they will not do and tried to say that the faction based story we saw on Makeb will be the ay forward.

I know this poll is people on the forum, so its not a representative population but thats a very large win for class story. So EA/BW's stance on this if they do choose to comment has got to be explained more. I think lots of people would be happy to pay for more story, but perhaps the forums poulation is completely out of line with the in game population? So EA/BW shoudl maybe consider actually asking some of these questions of its current players in game.

I've enjoyed most aspects of this game but its a disapointment in every area, the story does stand out as the best part but its a linear meaningless rendition with no real chance to influence who you are, that said I enjoyed each class story Ive played.

I honestly feel like the game is very much in minimal maintance mode but with enough spin, fluff and baodging together of things to make it look better than it is. Its two years in and there shoudl be talk of a major expansion, not a 5 level hike with a planet worth 3 levels or a PvP space game (not bad, but I think when people say space they want PvE and PvP), a major expansion that takes everything forward.

I get tired of the bust-a-move FP/OPs for gear to do the next level of the same thing, every MMO has some form of gear treadmil and they are usualy a good thing, but not the only thing. The new FP coming which adpats and has more randomised elements may proce to be a real saviour, hoping so :)

If I were EA and Disney I would be working on how to rebuild this game and reuse its assets to portray the new Star Wars time line of the new movies next year, casting the current in game universe into the trash (where half the art work belongs) and hoping that as a combination of expansion and almost re-launch the game would get another chance and really grow rather than edge along the gradual decline against newer MMO properties. Not goong to happen I know.

I honestly feel like the game is very much in minimal maintance mode but with enough spin, fluff and baodging together of things to make it look better than it is. Its two years in and there shoudl be talk of a major expansion, not a 5 level hike with a planet worth 3 levels or a PvP space game (not bad, but I think when people say space they want PvE and PvP), a major expansion that takes everything forward.

This is pretty much how I'm feeling, and why I'm cautious to spend any money on the CM. I want to see if they have any plans for the game aside from cartel pack #20567.

Yep, and if they were to introduce some way to replay the story, one of the biggest arguements against Class stories would go out the window (no "replayability").

Already in the game. Want to replay a story arc... roll another character in that class. But but..... people come on the forums all the time and say they are tired of class story (meaning.. done once.. discard).

My point..... yes... people would like more class story in most cases...but replay of class story is not that strong a driver in the player base from what I have observed in the forum. Sure.. some would do it and enjoy it.. but most of those frankly are using new character rolls to get their needs met IMO.

Already in the game. Want to replay a story arc... roll another character in that class. But but..... people come on the forums all the time and say they are tired of class story (meaning.. done once.. discard).

My point..... yes... people would like more class story in most cases...but replay of class story is not that strong a driver in the player base from what I have observed in the forum. Sure.. some would do it and enjoy it.. but most of those frankly are using new character rolls to get their needs met IMO.

It might provide an interesting alternative to running dailies if the stories were to scale. :p

And it's at least popular enough to frequently show up on the suggestion forums.

I tend to agree with this post. I mean I have about 7 characters around lv 50 and two at lv 55. Only reason I've leveled them to 55 was to see each side of Makeb (1 pub and 1 imp). Even then it only took both toons to lv 53. Taking everything forward would allow more players to take part in a massive expansion whether it be PvP, OPs, new planets (this is crucial unless they decide to make one massive planet that is the equivalent to a continent in WoW), and 10 levels with separate class stories would allow players to enjoy the new content for a bit while they develop new content for various patches. Even their heroic instances in the minor expansion were just ones from launch scaled to 55.

It'd be interesting to see, but at least from what we've seen when they considered GSF a minor expansion, I doubt we will see anytime soon.

Realistically, could we expect them to actually give us new story chapters? :(

Based on what they've said and what they've been producing, no. If it's not cheap repeatable content, they aren't going to bother no matter how much their player base wants it. It has slightly better odds if it's group content, lucky raiders.

By now most of the long-time players have already been through many of the class stories with alts. If there was a way to replay class stories with characters that have already been through them, there would be renewed interest. Starting new characters over and over is tiring. People get attached to their characters and don't want to have to ditch them for new ones that they need to gear up. Not to mention if you're in a guild... "hey, this is my new character bla bla" all the time.

So yea, having a "reset" would at least add some longevity to the game for people that have already gone through the content or spacebarred through or had to rush through because of higher lvl friends.

People get attached to their characters and don't want to have to ditch them for new ones that they need to gear up. Not to mention if you're in a guild... "hey, this is my new character bla bla" all the time.

So yea, having a "reset" would at least add some longevity to the game for people that have already gone through the content or spacebarred through or had to rush through because of higher lvl friends.

Well, first off.. nobody has to "ditch" a character... so stop exaggerating.

A person either wants to re-experience a class story, or they don't. Replaying a capped level player through the class story is zero thrill and zero challenge. So all those folks you just rationalized for..... try again. It's nobodies fault but their own that they space_barred or rushed through content.

Tell you what though, I would like to re-experience the stories in HM. What I mean is, what if after you finish the class stories, it unlocks a hard mode option to run the instances again with mobs in HM. I would prefer 55 HM mode.

The drops could be updated accordingly as well as the comms. I'd love to see some of those last fights with the Emperor etc. etc. really become group fights almost like a Ops boss.

Just throwing that out there.

Tell you what though, I would like to re-experience the stories in HM. What I mean is, what if after you finish the class stories, it unlocks a hard mode option to run the instances again with mobs in HM. I would prefer 55 HM mode.

Now that would actually make sense. :)

Class story would be something that needs to be progressed.

Because it keeps things moving and interesting from the daily rep grinding and comms gathering.

Once you get full Ultimate gear there is nothing left to do.

Its pretty much like "You become a Darth/Master and so on now what?" because the Republic and Empire still goes on.

If not you end up with characters on your account that you don't log unto for months because they and their companions full ultimate gear.

New Operations should come with a higher level cap.

As the galaxy is a tough place and there are always many challenges that demand your attention.

Just as new powers rise within the Empire and Republic so should new challenges and enemies to meet them.

New Planets would be nice as well as a faction that not just protects their neutrality but can actively challenge the galaxies super powers.

Similar to how the Yuuzhan Vong did after Return of the Jedi.

Hopefully the new planets will go beyond the Nostalgia of past planets from previous star wars games and continue exploration/discover anf story of the galaxy.

Deeper companion stories with current companions and not just adding more companions.

Especially given the romance options if the player chooses to marry them.

Could we see the aftermath of choices made?

For example Light-side jaessa eventually falling to the dark side.

or something reminding her of the Light do you let her find her own path? or kill the good left in her.

With character customization it would be nice to be able to shape your characters physique. makes it a it more unique cause you will soon find someone that chose the same options as you did.

skip to 0:33.

With the Legacy System perhaps there could be a Legacy story or something.

Would there would be more than just perks for Legacy levels.

If you chose the same class as a higher level player on your legacy.

You could meet others npcs that remind you that "your mum/sister/friend" was the best bounty hunter they have seen and you're just stumbling in her shadow.

With the Legacy story or quests I mean players on your legacy would either be praised or suffer the fall out of what pass characters have done.

Faction progression.

Republic:

Will Governor Saresh aggressive Republic cause her to over reach?

Like "liberating" worlds and system from the Empire look more like conquest.

And have trouble with the senate.

Or believing the Empire to be a wounded beast continue the offensive and end up having major consequences.

Empire:

Someone or something able to unite the Empire.

With ambitious Sith Lords and the small scale civil wars the Empire spends more time fighting each other than the Republic or its expansion.

So either the Emperor or Imperial Guard unites Sith/Imperials and returns the Empire to the formidable force that it used to be.

The Imperial Royal Guard has a very rich history that is yet to be explored in The Old Republic.

With new playable races you would have to explain how they come to either faction but please don't make them available to both unless through species unlocks.

Would another race join the Empire like the Chiss? or would it be done like a race proves its worth to their conquerors?

Minigames prove to be a fun pass time and there is so much possibilities with pod-racing.

Could we see weapon customization?

Not just colors but shapes, sounds, markings.

You would need to make a poll for new classes and race.

With a new class it cant be another Jedi/Sith class.

I would love a new class (well 2, mirrored one for empire, one for republic) along with all the story, companions etc. Although a big effort I think it would be doable, biggest single issue would be all the areas for class specific story on all the planets, not sure how they would handle that. Would be happy to pay for it. Would also like more class story for each of the classes but not sure that would be good use of the devs time. A lot of effort for content that would get finished pretty quickly.

Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) is the stuff that has to be added asap ! Especially an elaborated Pod Racing game, with server ladder and customization, and crazy circuits on Tatooine !! Also, a Pazaak game with a galaxy ladder + rare cards should be great. Edited by Lexhorn

The drops could be updated accordingly as well as the comms. I'd love to see some of those last fights with the Emperor etc. etc. really become group fights almost like a Ops boss.

Just throwing that out there.

Yes, this would be pretty awesome for making class videos.

We already have these huge databanks and holopojectors on our ships, so turning that into a holodeck that would allow to replay the story in something similar like ME3's "action mode" (choices are preset, based on what you did before), with encounters harder (or not), should not be a problem (from in-universe standpoint, from game making standpoint, it would be a crapload of programming work)