TORHEAD gone?

Cenyala

Anyone have any idea why it's shut down and all the links go back to the official SWTOR site? I used Torhead a lot for the companion affection guides on the quests - is there another site that can provide this info?

Anyone have any idea why it's shut down and all the links go back to the official SWTOR site? I used Torhead a lot for the companion affection guides on the quests - is there another site that can provide this info?

They never updated it for 3.0 so no one used it anymore.

Then they decided to start to update it, seen no one used it anymore and decided it wasn't worth updating, or maintaining.

That's the long and short of it. And I can't really think of any that have quest conversation affection gains, just gift gains.

This game (and Bioware along with it) has become a joke among "gamers". People have it in their mind that SWTOR has failed hard, and will probably go offline within a year anyway. Thing is, these same people were saying the same thing two and a half years ago. Fansites think it's "cool" to support the games that so-called "gamers" play (usually either indie horror games or moronic copy-and-paste zombie FPS that have ridiculously advanced graphics and an over-the-top gore system), and thus SWTOR is one of the first ones to go off the list. Also, hating EA is the "hip" thing to do nowadays.

Well that's very unfortunate - I just started playing again 2 months ago and I enjoy the game tremendously - guess I'll be doing my questing the old-fashioned way :eek: - I'm just very awful with picking the right answers for my companions and Torhead was awesome for that.

Anyway - thank you all for your answers :)

Well that's very unfortunate - I just started playing again 2 months ago and I enjoy the game tremendously - guess I'll be doing my questing the old-fashioned way :eek: - I'm just very awful with picking the right answers for my companions and Torhead was awesome for that.

Anyway - thank you all for your answers :)

you can always use the escape button to exit and renter a conversation

personally torhead inever wast helpful

prefer dulfy.net and torfashion for swtor, they got all and with an easy way to find out how to.

torhead is too complicated and in many situations very low in knowledge

even tor-spy is better than torhead

Edited by Kissakias

Zam's model (the "parent" of the "Heads") is simply in danger. When they started they would do most of their work via volunteers and even direct data feeds from the game companies. They had a small editorial staff on the pay roll that played the games and "fact checked" the volunteer contributions. This all worked before making your own web site was a VERY technical and expensive proposition. Now you have player run sites that do the same thing.

I used TORhead a lot before 3.0. After 3.0 you can't do anything after 3.0 hardly where Classes are concerned because the Class you pick along with it's AC is PREDETERMINED, meaning it's meaningless for TORhead to have anything like a Skill calculator when with 3.0 you already pretty much know ahead of time what ur getting.

I can see New players needing info on 3.0 classes, but otherwise, there really is no need. Hardly any1 would use TORhead when ppl already knew so much on the Classes side, and TORhead did a helluva job with pre-3.0 stuff I thought.

There was/ is other sites that had better stuff in other catagories, but whenever I asked Guildies or ppl on any planet, or on Fleet for that matter ppl would always say use TORhead.

• 1 month later...
you can always use the escape button to exit and renter a conversation

Yes, and its time consuming and boring. Honestly one of the worst aspects of the game to me as it makes quest pickup and turn ins take 10x as much time as they should to get the most out of them. On the basic level, its one of those design elements that the developers have failed at - you don't want to have any aspect of your game become a major chore.

And chore it is, when I have a half hour to play, I can't just go turn in or pick up more quests because the time involved is substantial. Makes for slow progress etc.

Its the flaws like this, unaddressed, that have cost SWTOR its potentially large client base.

personally torhead inever wast helpful

prefer dulfy.net and torfashion for swtor, they got all and with an easy way to find out how to.

torhead is too complicated and in many situations very low in knowledge

even tor-spy is better than torhead

I felt Torhead was very good for 1-50 leveling (yeah, combat stuff was out of date with 3.0, but still). A little choppy with 50-55 since it gave only a few of the companion affection gains or losses and mostly all LS/DS gains.

I fully admit to using it to gain APs with Comps in their conversations and in regular gameplay to consider what options to take.

For a while, I think that was Torhead's thing, having conversation companion gains and losses listed. I used Dulfy and Swtor-Spy for almost everything else, personally.

Yes, and its time consuming and boring. Honestly one of the worst aspects of the game to me as it makes quest pickup and turn ins take 10x as much time as they should to get the most out of them. On the basic level, its one of those design elements that the developers have failed at - you don't want to have any aspect of your game become a major chore.

And chore it is, when I have a half hour to play, I can't just go turn in or pick up more quests because the time involved is substantial. Makes for slow progress etc.

Its the flaws like this, unaddressed, that have cost SWTOR its potentially large client base.

Dude you are so FoS. If it is such a burden to spacebar through convos, then maybe you shoukd stick to mobile gaming.

If you play in 30 minute intervals, RPGs, and especially MMORPGs, might not the the right thing for you...

You're joking, right? Having all missions voice acted is one of the allures of SWTOR. When you only have 30 minutes to play, you can easily turn in or pick up more missions. You sure as heck can't actually complete any missions in that limited time. But, yes, you absolutely log in, select your character, enter the game, travel to the mission NPC, and obtain/conclude a mission in 30 minutes or less. You don't even have to space-bar your way through the convo.

As for the affection gain/loss from convos, Torhead was always handy for that. But you eventually learn what pleases or perturbs your companion. I haven't felt the need to check Torhead during a convo in a long time.

This game (and Bioware along with it) has become a joke among "gamers". People have it in their mind that SWTOR has failed hard, and will probably go offline within a year anyway. Thing is, these same people were saying the same thing two and a half years ago. Fansites think it's "cool" to support the games that so-called "gamers" play (usually either indie horror games or moronic copy-and-paste zombie FPS that have ridiculously advanced graphics and an over-the-top gore system), and thus SWTOR is one of the first ones to go off the list. Also, hating EA is the "hip" thing to do nowadays.

But i like this game. :(

I think what you are looking for is an arcade. Dave and Busters is that way --->