Are Parsers Allowed?

Just make sure any parser you are using isn't interacting with the game client. Its as simple as that. Personally, my guild uses the askmrrobot.com parser. Don't need to have parsers running while we're playing. The enrage timer will tell us if we're not doing enough dps. Edited by TrooperSev

It has been confirmed by yellow posts numerous times that players are not banned for using parsers, and if any claim they have been, it is a mistake by the player (eg., their inability to read) or by the GMs themselves.

Rely on yellow posters, not what random, raging players say.

It has been confirmed by yellow posts numerous times that players are not banned for using parsers, and if any claim they have been, it is a mistake by the player (eg., their inability to read) or by the GMs themselves.

Rely on yellow posters, not what random, raging players say.

Do not listen to Mavery.

Ok, sorry, I couldn't resist. But yes, it has been confirmed that using a parser is not a bannable offence (which should be quite obvious, really).

It is not our policy to take action against accounts for using DPS parsers. If your account was actioned in error, we strongly encourage you to contact Customer Service for investigation.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4514959#edit4514959

Quote from Allison Berryman and the dev tracker reference I got it from regarding a supposed banning for using the Mox Parser (which I have since combat logging came out with no problems). Combat parsers are perfectly acceptable, but here's the yellow text you wanted ;)

Aye, the TOS currently doesn't allow for in-game mods to be used on SWTOR. Your parsers have to be done by a something that doesn't directly interact with the game. AskMrRobot.com and TorParse.com have parsers to use that won't get you banned. Edited by ImmortalAlien

Aye, the TOS currently doesn't allow for in-game mods to be used on SWTOR. Your parsers have to be done by a something that doesn't directly interact with the game. AskMrRobot.com and TorParse.com have parsers to use that won't get you banned.

There's nothing wrong with using a realtime parser either. They don't interact with the game's process in any way.

There's nothing wrong with using a realtime parser either. They don't interact with the game's process in any way.

Yeah, so long as it pretty much just reads the data coming from your combat log and displays the data as an overlay in-game, it should be fine. On the other hand, getting something that actually adds UI elements in-game would constitute as modding and potentially get you in trouble.

Edited by ImmortalAlien

I don't know a single parser that interacts with the game process, but instead just pulls from the log. We have used several parsers between Mox, swtormonitor, swtorcombatlogs, etc. They all have their quirks and nuances, but I find the latter to be the best.

Greetings everyone!

We appreciate your question! The following information can be found in our Developer Tracker from Senior Community Coordinator, Allison Berryman:

Just FYI my main account was suspended for a week because this is considered 3rd party by bioware.

It is not our policy to take action against accounts for using DPS parsers. If your account was actioned in error, we strongly encourage you to contact Customer Service for investigation.

As a general public service announcement to everyone: you should always be cautious about what you install on your machine!

We hope this helps! :jawa_smile:

Maybe, if the GMs would agree, then i'd be less cautious.

Here is what was sent to me from a GM:

The Old Republic does not support, nor does it allow any 3rd party programs to be used in conjunction with TOR."

i'll withhold the gm's name, but it was in response to a query, on this site, and not in game.

This response was yesterday.