View Single Post

Kitar
06.18.2019 , 02:26 PM | #6227
*hangs head in shame* I forgot to post this. I am not the best at the job. I am sorry guys n gals :/
Better late than never I suppose.

This week’s SFWC prompt:

Week of June 14, 2019:

You’re My Only Hope: It is your character’s most desperate hour. They (and possibly their friends or organization) need help. The kind of help they can only get from one person, and they’re not at all certain they’ll get it. How do they convince the person to aid them? What kind of help is it? Why do they need it and why is this other person so special? What happens if your character fails to recruit them? Is their help really that crucial? Do they end up a liability afterward?

This week’s prompt not for you? Look for something more to your taste in the Prompt Archive. Consider all the prompts active and waiting to inspire you.

This week’s featured previous prompts are:

Children - we’ve had Parenthood, now look at it from another perspective: your characters may have kids or want them. What kids do they meet? Do their kids play nice together? What do their kids want and how do your adult characters help or hinder?

The Sure Bet - Sometimes things just fall into place, and the goal is in easy reach just an action or two away. Sometimes there’s a choice between long odds and a safe bet. Or sometimes a surefire proposition walks right up and make an offer. Write about your characters’ experience with a sure bet. Did it turn out the way they expected?