Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

Alexious

isnt that bad at all. Hide the helmet and it's ok. Although the golden colour is weird. I'm not a *********** paladin.

Isn't that bad? I don't even know how to respond to that, I dont mean to be rude but I will say I hope you have a better sense of fashion in real life!

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, simple robes is not Jedi either, true story, yet 99% of the Jedi fanbase seem to think otherwise. The outfit was just the ways of Obi-Wan, you know, hiding out on Tatooine, poor, keeping a low profile. Luke never wore such "Jedi" outfits except for a black cloak when he returned to Tatooine in Return of the Jedi. This is all perfectly explained by RLM (amongst others) in their review of Star Wars and the prequel trilogy, mentioning how such clothing would be practical on Tatooine (sand storms etc.) yet 100% unpractical elsewhere, say, Hoth or Coruscant.

Ever asked yourself why members of the the Jedi Council, who reside in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, wear simple robes? Coruscant being the capital city of the Old Republic, a modern planet filled with technology and all kinds of fancy clothing. No? Maybe you should.

Lucas even got that part wrong, lol.

6 Simple Reasons you might be wrong:

1. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_apparel

2. http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/2/21/Jedi_circle.jpg

3. http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/ba/Jedi_masters1.jpg

4. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IXq34fGbYGs/TSDmW-9UiFI/AAAAAAAAI_Q/1Sl-y5wCTTc/s1600/luke-skywalker.jpg

5. Monks.

6. Lucas invented Star Wars.

Edited by Tgirgis

It would prob be at least 1% better if we had a CLOSED face samurai looking helmet with it instead of that goofy looking head slot, but it still wouldnt fit. I mean think about it they def ran out of i deas with jk armor its like...

Robe,robe,robe,robe,robe,robe,armored robe,armored robe,armored robe,armored robe, armored robe,SAMURAI ARMORED JETPACK MAN!!!!!!

I would MUCH rather wear that sick looking tattered consular pvp robes than that. Its something right out of a bad japanese live action tv show.

It would prob be at least 1% better if we had a CLOSED face samurai looking helmet with it instead of that goofy looking head slot, but it still wouldnt fit. I mean think about it they def ran out of i deas with jk armor its like...

Robe,robe,robe,robe,robe,robe,armored robe,armored robe,armored robe,armored robe, armored robe,SAMURAI ARMORED JETPACK MAN!!!!!!

I would MUCH rather wear that sick looking tattered consular pvp robes than that. Its something right out of a bad japanese live action tv show.

We actually don't get robes till Essless (if you get the jk robes to drop it that is)

so really its like normal clothes x2 then robe, robe, robe, etc...

But in all seriousness...*** were they thinking with this silly Samurai stuff?

I hate this armor style. It is terribad. Looks like a Commando more than anything.

I almost dont even want to wear the gear and just pass on the nice stats. Wear my lvl 40 pvp set cuz it looks a ton better. Just mod it the best i can.

I don't mind the look of the Knight's PvP level 50 gear, although I understand why it would cause rage in some folks.

I will be using the remove mods feature in the future patch to make the level 40 PvP set my actual PvP set. I liked the look of this set quite a bit more than my champion/battlemaster pieces. I may keep the samurai helmet though. Lord knows I have enough hooded robes as a Guardian. :)

I really hope to see Guardian armor inspired by the Tales of the Jedi comics and more true to the Old Republic time period. The current armor does not look functional and looks very generic IMO, the robe comes off during battle so there needs to be an option for no hoods/cloaks or just exclude the robe all together from high level Guardian armor. Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

I haven't read the thread from beginning to now, but have the Dev's even mention if they have heard our concerns about this matter. Not having any unhooded robes but the fact that we possible have the worse looking outfits in the game compared to our counterparts on the empire.

I'd be happy if the ridiculous shoulder pad was removed. I don't know how easily this could be done, but it looks like a completely separate piece that was added last minute. In a left side view, when looking up from under neath the pad with the camera, I can see under it all the way to my neck. It barely touches the shoulder at all and is almost floating.

Please just take it off and the jump suit style would look just fine.

Then consider a robe over it, or old armor designs from the game with new stats, and changing the helmet to something like you had in the KOTOR games... I can't really picture a Jedi Knight with any sort of helmet at all. (the visible ear pieces from KOTOR in the back of the head were alright I guess)

Edited by asilos