Thread: Color Wars!
View Single Post

Llaera
03.08.2012 , 06:00 PM | #20
According to "Jedi frowned on the use of synthetic crystals in lightsabers, most individuals who utilized colors other than red were Darksiders looking to hide their affiliations" it sounds like the only real restriction that would make sense would be for Republic to be restricted from using red, since your argument also concedes that "However, synth-crystals could be made in any color, requiring only slight adjustments of the creation process and special manipulations through the Force during the forging."

Regarding the purple lightsabers, is your argument simply that they should be rare, or are you trying to state that they shouldn't be in the game at all? The argument seems a bit moot when you consider the fact that (1) Episode 1 is in a completely different time period and (2) that, as in your own previously stated argument, "...synth-crystals could be made in any color, requiring only slight adjustments of the creation process and special manipulations through the Force during the forging." So, are you trying to only restrict the Republic from using it since it doesn't occur naturally?

Overall, it sounds like the only leg to stand on would be that the Republic should be restricted from using colors that don't occur naturally. Call me crazy, but I don't think that'd be a very good move, considering there are already issues with populations favoring Empire overall.

Lastly, if we're going to bring movies into it again, aside from the obvious point of the game taking place in a very different time period, I'd like to point out that colors were mainly added post-production to make it easier for the audience to discern the good guys from the bad, and that if they hadn't made said changes, the lightsabers would've been white.