The Begeren Colony Ganking Challenge!

Quendishir

Depending on the reception in general for this idea, it may continue.

The Purpose!

The purpose of this is to foster some world PvP on the server, and at the same time give people some amusement with light-hearted fun.

The Rules!

1.) There will be three lists: The Hit List, the Survivor List, and the Kill List. The Hit List will have three names from one faction listed. Those people are the current targets. Those on the Kill List will have been killed, complete with date, killer, and screenshot. The Survivor List will house the names of people who have not been killed.

2.) Kills cannot come from Warzones, or from any spot that instantly/automatically flags you for PvP (to discourage griefing people doing the PvP dailies for the Gree).

3.) People on the Hit List must remain flagged for PvP when out in the world. Obviously there are places no one can get to (for instance, the Imperials can't get to Coruscant or Carrick Station), so you do not have to be flagged then.

4.) All means of locating people on the Hit List are allowed!

5.) When someone has been killed form either the Hit List or the Survivor List, you must provide a screenshot that is easily visible. The location must be visible as well, as well as any combat text showing who killed whom. Once that is done, you may submit the names of three people from your faction who are agreeable to this game to be put on the Hit List, and those who have not been killed will be put on the Survivor's List. YOU MUST GET THE KILLING BLOW IN ORDER FOR IT TO COUNT. Also, please pick people who frequently play in order to keep the game moving along! The three names can even include your main and two alts if you want!

So turn on your PvP flags and have some fun, guys! You can check this thread to see the current lists. Once I get an idea of who is interested we can start the festivities. Reply here with your thoughts, support, *****es, moans, complaints!

/pvp

Best of luck friend. There was a bounty board. That got a very good reaction. But the problem is there is a very selected group of people on this server who will get excited with open world PvP which is not surprising considering this is a RP server. But if you can get people outside that group involved it will be great achievement.

Best of luck friend. There was a bounty board. That got a very good reaction. But the problem is there is a very selected group of people on this server who will get excited with open world PvP which is not surprising considering this is a RP server. But if you can get people outside that group involved it will be great achievement.

You find that on every game, though. I'm stealing this from my WoW server from a few months back, and it was well-received there, even though the number of people who enjoyed PvP in general was very low. With that being said, the numbers increased because of this idea (thank you, Ackis!).

I was the one running the bounty board thread. I like this concept because there is no money actually involved which makes things much easier. The problem is you've excluded about the only way you'll ever get kills done. My observations were there just is not much reason to step off the fleet except for dailies at the higher levels. People could go months without running into each other. While this concept works great in WoW specially on PvP servers it's not quite as practical in SWTOR.

If you throw open the kills to include any area except warzones you will be more likely get a response but don't be surprised if the kills are far and few between. Being a RP-PvE server people don't have to be flagged and so aren't going to get 'griefed'. They can opt to turn off the flag once someone gets a kill in on them and go about their biz getting dailies done.

I think the concept is fun for those that enjoy running around flagged and doing world PvP. Unfortunately, the set of players that enjoy that playstyle on this server is on the smaller side.

Yes. There is a small group of people on this server who enjoys open world PvP. If there was someway to involve other people in events such as this one, that would be great. But I haven't seen anything work very well yet. May be the issue is people who are used to PvE (like me) has an objective driven way of thinking and don't find open world PvP attractive enough. Or may be as open world PvP involves more 1v1, people feel their class is at a disadvantage (now this statement is going to start a huge debate. FYI I said 'may be' and 'feel' and I am not getting into a debate)

Hey folks. I am not looking to troll here, but am asking seriously because I am honestly curious...

If open world PVP is your thing, why did you not roll on a PVP server?

Thank you for your time.

Hey folks. I am not looking to troll here, but am asking seriously because I am honestly curious...

Thank you for your time.

Because when I originally started this game I wasn't into PvP at all. I've always been a PvE player. I like the community on RP servers even though I am fairly casual when it comes to RP myself. People seem more mature and you see less trash/nasty talk in general chats. The PvP just kind of happened. I still see myself as a primarily PvE player, though I have ended up having a fairly strong presence in the PvP arena as well. I probably would still choose a PvE server because I tend to not like the personality on PvP servers. Just too many egos flying around.

Thank you for your time.

At launch, I didn't even know this game existed. A friend talked me into picking it up, and this is the server he rolled on, so I did, too. I'd never really played an MMO before, had no idea what would strike my fancy. Heck, it took about 20 levels on my first toon before I even became aware of the existence of warzones, and only then because I was grouped with someone who decided to queue us. I PVP quite a bit now, but it wasn't love at first sight. I only really got into PVP after I'd gotten into raiding. Raid would end (or fail to start on time), and somebody'd say, "hey, let's pick up a few warzones." I love PVP, but love it far less when there's nobody to hang out with. It really is a community thing.

As to that particular element: Until very recently, I'd heard numerous people echo Desii's impression of the community breakdown, but had never experienced it first hand. Then I jumped into the melting pot that is the PTS... let it suffice to say that it took less than half an hour before I was utterly decided that, no matter how much I wanted to see the new content, I wouldn't be pugging anything.

Edited by JenseitsvonBose

I was the one running the bounty board thread. I like this concept because there is no money actually involved which makes things much easier. The problem is you've excluded about the only way you'll ever get kills done. My observations were there just is not much reason to step off the fleet except for dailies at the higher levels. People could go months without running into each other. While this concept works great in WoW specially on PvP servers it's not quite as practical in SWTOR.

If you throw open the kills to include any area except warzones you will be more likely get a response but don't be surprised if the kills are far and few between. Being a RP-PvE server people don't have to be flagged and so aren't going to get 'griefed'. They can opt to turn off the flag once someone gets a kill in on them and go about their biz getting dailies done.

I think the concept is fun for those that enjoy running around flagged and doing world PvP. Unfortunately, the set of players that enjoy that playstyle on this server is on the smaller side.

Flagging on a non-PvP server gets old, blue walls are lame.

I would be willing to rewrite the where the kills come from to include places like the Gree dailies. My main concern--as well as the concern of many I had talked to about this idea--was that we do have griefers on the server, and I would rather not give them additional incentive to grief people. With that being said, I also understand the argument that griefers will grief, whether this happens or not.

As for why I didn't roll on a PvP server: I generally learn a game on a PvE server. However, I'm also a roleplayer, so this just made sense to me. I figure this would be a good way to foster some community between the players!

Griefing?

I thought this was a thread about PvP?

Sorry about not responding, I lost track of a few things, this thread being one of them.

In general, griefing happens no matter what. I wanted to remove the incentive to grief while people are doing dailies. I am willing to rewrite the initial rule on this, and am strongly contemplating it if it will help world PvP a bit.

Sorry about not responding, I lost track of a few things, this thread being one of them.

In general, griefing happens no matter what. I wanted to remove the incentive to grief while people are doing dailies. I am willing to rewrite the initial rule on this, and am strongly contemplating it if it will help world PvP a bit.

WRT Gree PVP dailies, people have very different opinions on the "'working as intended' vs. 'should've never been PVP dailies in the first place'" matter, and I've no desire to bang my head against that particular wall. That said, I think that if something like you're proposing is going to work, it'll have to take place on Ilum -- at a time when it's NOT a ghost town. OPVP simply hasn't worked on our server except in situations where there's some added incentive involved; it's too much of a hassle to travel places that're likely deserted. Maybe a bounty board is just what we need during the Gree events... maybe it'd steer the people who're just out there to look for a fight in the right direction.

WRT Gree PVP dailies, people have very different opinions on the "'working as intended' vs. 'should've never been PVP dailies in the first place'" matter, and I've no desire to bang my head against that particular wall. That said, I think that if something like you're proposing is going to work, it'll have to take place on Ilum -- at a time when it's NOT a ghost town. OPVP simply hasn't worked on our server except in situations where there's some added incentive involved; it's too much of a hassle to travel places that're likely deserted. Maybe a bounty board is just what we need during the Gree events... maybe it'd steer the people who're just out there to look for a fight in the right direction.

I accept that this may be what it needed, and the argument is sound. As I said, I'm always open to suggestions, and people who are willing to partake in the fun!

I have to disagree. This is a PvE server. You can always unflag after being killed or stay out of open PvP areas. I have yet to see real griefing on this server. Because you can unflag yourself by standing in a safe area for 5 minutes you can not be griefed unless you LET someone do it to you... and in that case it's not griefing, it's a choice.

(Note: I'm talking outside of the gree event pvp quests, which was optional, and I didn't see anyone camping bodies. But some would say killing the lines was griefing, even if i disagree with that assessment... I'll concede some pure pve players would consider it so.)

So you are saying that attacking people in a PvP area is griefing? :rolleyes:

I'd be upto participating if it was a single kill and not constant griefing from the same player, i.e. if you find me while doing dailies and kill me (if you can), get your screenshot and go away.

No griefing allowed as this will turn off most PVE players (myself included). However, I would be willing to walk around with my PVP flag on when I am in the game.

You can add my alts to the hit list too, I mainly run on the three Nabis (N'abi/Healer, N'bi/Sniper, Nabi/Sin)

I will try to get my guildies interested in this too....

Edited by bsbrad