Assassin DPS- #'s and viability in 1.4

totenalles

Hello, i am looking for clear cut parse numbers and experience from end-game players to see how viable and effective Assassin dps really is. I hear numbers from 1,300, to 2000, and dont know what is true. I have 3 50s already, all healers and tanks, full maxed campaign/hazmat. I want to know what the truth about assassin dps is, and if it can compete with the "best" dps classes, like snipers and marauders.

Last night I decided to take my assassin to EC HM - and though my PVE deception gear is not fully optimized yet - I was surprised at my damage. MoX was showing me quite close with our marauder, and in shorter trash mob fights I was on top. Deception, when fully optimized, is fully fine now.

I currently run a Madness hybrid spec, with 33% crit 75% surge, 1950 wp and 900 power. My gear is fully augmented Black Hole with just a few pieces Campaign. I found that Deception was indeed very close to Madness. I was holding around 1650-1700 dps as Madness (with and without Shock) and when I tried Deception I found I was sustaining 1600 dps and during Blackout I was hitting close to 1800 dps giving me about 1650 overall dps as Deception. When I parsed the Hybrid spec I was using for pvp (0-14-28) I was holding 1750 which was even better than full Madness spec. I guess trading Creeping Terror for harder hitting Mauls is a win!

In my guild we have a talented Mara who is in basically the same gear as I am and we are always within 50 dps of each other. So Assassin is very competitive with the other dps specs in this game.

Edited by Xethis

As playing deception/infiltration requires the use of the force cloak mechanic to provide optimal force regen, I thought I'd weigh in on the whole notion that we "suck" in raids.

If you are running MOX, Many of you are aware that it only parses while in combat. That being said, when an assassin/shadow uses force cloak they exit combat, therefore resetting the overall dps of that fight. This causes many to believe that they aren't dishing out any dps worth writing home about.

That being said, my on target sustained dps potential is around 1550-1650 depending on the boss mechanics. A lot of fights that require any dps offtime while moving or such (and still in combat) brings me lower of course. With cooldowns up during burn phases it's very typical for me to reach 1750-1800 or higher.

As playing deception/infiltration requires the use of the force cloak mechanic to provide optimal force regen, I thought I'd weigh in on the whole notion that we "suck" in raids.

If you are running MOX, Many of you are aware that it only parses while in combat. That being said, when an assassin/shadow uses force cloak they exit combat, therefore resetting the overall dps of that fight. This causes many to believe that they aren't dishing out any dps worth writing home about.

That being said, my on target sustained dps potential is around 1550-1650 depending on the boss mechanics. A lot of fights that require any dps offtime while moving or such (and still in combat) brings me lower of course. With cooldowns up during burn phases it's very typical for me to reach 1750-1800 or higher.

on the dummy on the fleet if i was to cloak and i hit a ablity quick enough to break stealth soon as i enter it mox would countuinue to calcualte dps wouldn't drop me from combat

Seriously, I hate it when people throw out numbers without any proof to back it up (You must have saw it somewhere and how hard is it to just use a free program and upload a text document)....and Yea I dislike Mox because it really doesn't give actual numbers, the uploaded logs on torparse are more realistic. You can actually look at my logs to get a sense of the rotation. Here is my dps in an actual 16 HM TFB, we cleared it in one night. Click on All Boss Fights on left and list by name to see my dps for each fights and breakdowns. Wipes included >.>... Certain fights due to length and mechanics like 3rd and 5th boss my dps is significantly lower but around 1200-1300. On other fights the dps ranges from 1500 to 1600 and 2688 dps for Kephass.

http://www.torparse.com/a/36439

This is not dummy and standing still, so real dps here with moving and taking into account of mechanics. I think of myself as decent dps and there are sins doing significantly better than me and yes while I do competitive dps, classes like PT, etc outshines me with similar gear.

Hope this helps with your decision, OP, as I pretty much provided what you are looking for.

Edited by Dierdrea

And as an aside, torparse fixes the vanish bug and does not count it as leaving combat so it is very reliable. You don't have to do anything with it, just check combat logs in preference, then go to the log folder in my document and upload the text onto torparse to see it...simple.