Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

PS: :D Ijust looked up the article of Watcher 2 myself, and it says her name was "Shara". I absolutely didn't know that, I don't remember her name ever being mentioned. That's the name of my Imperial Agent character as well - Shara Midnight. And yes, I know that Watcher 2 is human while my IA is chiss. There are limits to my distaste, so to say.

I don't wanna go into spoilers but the sweetest romance I've seen so far was a mini-romance with a non-companion character. To see what I mean you have to a) Imperial Agent b) Chiss c) female.

Re. Watcher Two, you find out her real name if you

took the DS choice to let Watcher X go on Nar Shaddaa. He sends you information in the mail after he escapes.

Re. that mini-romance: I wish that one would be SG-enabled. I don't play female characters, so I only saw it as a vid on Youtube, it seemed quite sad and fit the IA's situation rather well. Poor Chiss agent...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I think through the options available to male characters: Kira? I just can't picture her as lesbian. I really like her, it would just feel like a betrayel of friendship to try anything.

My female Knight would've taken her in a heart beat if she'd been available, and normally I'm not into f/f. I would've preferred her to Doc. :p

Temple maybe, I didn't really use her much with my IA, because I play with Vector as companion 90% of the time.

I've heard a number of IA players say they think Kaliyo should be available to both genders (and even though she isn't, they headcanon it).

If I am ever going to let my primary character, twi'lek Jedi Shadow, a romance it's going to be Zenith (if that is an option). Not because he's male, but because he's twi'lek.

Sadly, he isn't. He seems to be too focused on his role with Balmorra to be interested in romance.

took the DS choice to let Watcher X go on Nar Shaddaa. He sends you information in the mail after he escapes.

She will also tell you her real name herself at the end of the Agent storyline, depending on what dialog you pick.

My main is an IA and she's always had a tiny crush on Watcher 2...though I doubt they will add anything there for SGRA.

I am suprised this is still a topic - I was under the impression that it won't be part of the game because either Lucas Arts or George Lucas himself said "no"....

As I recall, this was something that was inferred a long time ago before release, but there came a rebuttal from Bioware shorty after that said it was a misunderstood statement out of context from just a community person in the forums (something about "homosexuality isn't in Star Wars") and it was not a statement made by Bioware of LucasArts, and then came the official announcement that SGR's WILL be in the game.

Edited by chuixupu

As for when they'll comment in here? Hmm... I am guessing that there will be a snappy new statement pre-release, but it won't be on the forums. We'll see it when a regular here sees it and links to it. Maybe we'll get a link here from Community Support, even. But a substantive answer in this thread? Well, it hasn't happened before... That said, I do like to be surprised. ;)

They like to tell us that we'll get updates posted in this thread, but if that twit from Mr. Hood is in fact real, we have evidence that they're lying (we already knew they were lying about keeping this thread current of news, just couldn't prove it).

As I recall, this was something that was inferred a long time ago before release, but there came a rebuttal from Bioware shorty after that said it was a misunderstood statement out of context from just a community person in the forums (something about "homosexuality isn't in Star Wars") and it was not a statement made by Bioware of LucasArts, and then came the official announcement that SGR's WILL be in the game.

It was in SWG, so I'm not buying the LucasArts link. Money is my bet, it would take more dialogue and animation and to keep things shorter they opted to leave it out.

Okay, limiting my list at this point to classes where I play a male toon. I will only be addressing male companions.

Inquisitor - Andronikos. Sorry Talos, I imagine you do swing from my side of the tree but...

ah, couple of weeks ago, when I first saw the recently upgraded to "offficial" statement on SGRs being on Makeb, I started thinking of making a male Sith Assassin for Talos. Body type 4 for my guy it's a given, lol. Too bad you get Talos kinda late in the game. I think Khemdawg awesomeness will have to suffice until he shows up.

But for my female Sorcerer, I'll have to wait to see who's new in the neighborhood for a chance of romance. Neither Androniko nor Ashara are cutting it for her. Yeah, I know :rolleyes:

Well, tweet (1 of 2) seems to have vanished into the Great Beyond, but I think it was legit. In fact, I think that may be why it got yanked. That is, I think people are finding ways to say more than they are allowed to say. Which is charming of them, as it would seem they don't like enforced silences any more than we do. That said, I don't want anyone to get fired.

On the other hand, if anyone wants to quit in a really spectacular manner... we're here for you. ;)

Well, tweet (1 of 2) seems to have vanished into the Great Beyond, but I think it was legit. In fact, I think that may be why it got yanked.

I quoted Ixum (and linked his post) to Ms. Berryman, asking for an official word on whether or not the twit was real (also warned her that someone is masquerading as their lead writer on twitter). Ms. Berryman won't reply, but it will make the Community Team aware of the fact that we know about the twit and we want to know more.

Well, tweet (1 of 2) seems to have vanished into the Great Beyond, but I think it was legit. In fact, I think that may be why it got yanked. That is, I think people are finding ways to say more than they are allowed to say. Which is charming of them, as it would seem they don't like enforced silences any more than we do. That said, I don't want anyone to get fired.

On the other hand, if anyone wants to quit in a really spectacular manner... we're here for you. ;)

As soon as I read it here, I started googling for it. I wanted to find it and take a screenshot of it, because well, sometimes tweets do disappear and not by accident. So I never actually saw it, that's why I asked here if someone else was able to find it.

Since the (2 of 2) is still up, and marked as such, I am confident that Ixum accurately shared what he saw. Why would Hall Hood have labeled at stand alone tweet (2 of 2)? Mysteries! Obfuscation! Shenanigans, even! Yes – that is the very word. I am calling shenanigans on this. Very fishy. Edited by Uluain

But for my female Sorcerer, I'll have to wait to see who's new in the neighborhood for a chance of romance. Neither Androniko nor Ashara are cutting it for her. Yeah, I know
Same here. My poor (shelved after the last patch) SI. Just can't find anyone of either sex that either doesn't make her want to kill them or smack them. Seriously, if there was a LS version of Xalek I would love it. IDK why, he just gels with me for some reason (even with his love for the DS).

Since the (2 of 2) is still up, and marked as such, I am confident that Ixum accurately shared what he saw. Why would Hall Hood have labeled at stand alone tweet (2 of 2)? Mysteries! Obfuscation! Shenanigans, even! Yes – that is the very word. I am calling shenanigans on this. Very fishy.
Why is getting info on this so freaking hard? I'd have a better chance at getting a straight answer out of the CIA about possible drug ties than EA/BW these days.

Daniel Erickson could have gotten off a zinger in his Guild Summit announcement if he'd said "That's not writing. That's typing". But I am not sure how many gamers would have caught a Truman Capote reference. :rolleyes:

Lest we veer totally off track, however, here's the roster of frequently asked and sadly unanswered SGRA questions:

• Are we still on track to see same-gender romantic content in game this year?
  • Will any current companions be available for same-gender romance? If so, which?
  • If current companions are made avaialble, will the new romantic content be available to players who have already completed existing story content with their companions without needing to roll a new character?
  • Will same-gender content require and additional purchase, such as a legacy unlock, in-game credit expense or real-world currency through the Cartel shop?
  • Will we ever see same-gender content beyond companion characters as [Flirt] prompts with various world or class story mission NPCs, such as currently exist as opposite-gender options?

Don't say we made it hard to find, devs! ;)

Daniel Erickson could have gotten off a zinger in his Guild Summit announcement if he'd said "That's not writing. That's typing". But I am not sure how many gamers would have caught a Truman Capote reference. :rolleyes:

Lest we veer totally off track, however, here's the roster of frequently asked and sadly unanswered SGRA questions:

• Are we still on track to see same-gender romantic content in game this year?
  • Will any current companions be available for same-gender romance? If so, which?
  • If current companions are made avaialble, will the new romantic content be available to players who have already completed existing story content with their companions without needing to roll a new character?
  • Will same-gender content require and additional purchase, such as a legacy unlock, in-game credit expense or real-world currency through the Cartel shop?
  • Will we ever see same-gender content beyond companion characters as [Flirt] prompts with various world or class story mission NPCs, such as currently exist as opposite-gender options?

Don't say we made it hard to find, devs! ;)

Maybe if it were larger and more colorful...can you add sparkles?

• .* :~¨*Are we still on track to see same-gender romantic content in game this year?*¨~: * .
  • . * :~¨*Will any current companions be available for same-gender romance? If so, which?*¨~:* .
  • .* :~¨*If current companions are made avaialble, will the new romantic content be available to players who have already completed existing story content with their companions without needing to roll a new character?*¨~:* .
  • .* :~¨*Will same-gender content require and additional purchase, such as a legacy unlock, in-game credit expense or real-world currency through the Cartel shop?*¨~:* .
  • .* :~¨*Will we ever see same-gender content beyond companion characters as [Flirt] prompts with various world or class story mission NPCs, such as currently exist as opposite-gender options?*¨~:* .

Better? :D

The pastel colours are adorable <3 What we need is someone in Austin to--

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh! We need to bombard them with baked goods! Everyone kittening loves cakes and rainbow bakes are the best cakes. Cakes which have our questions written on them in icing. That way they have to pay some kittening attention to us, no one says no to cake.

The pastel colours are adorable <3 What we need is someone in Austin to--

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh! We need to bombard them with baked goods! Everyone kittening loves cakes and rainbow bakes are the best cakes. Cakes which have our questions written on them in icing. That way they have to pay some kittening attention to us, no one says no to cake.

Do you try to be stereotypical gay or was it just too much sugar in your coffee?

Re. that mini-romance: I wish that one would be SG-enabled. I don't play female characters, so I only saw it as a vid on Youtube, it seemed quite sad and fit the IA's situation rather well. Poor Chiss agent...

/me never clicks spoiler tags before the class story is true

Do you try to be stereotypical gay or was it just too much sugar in your coffee?

I only ever even try to do stereotypical gay on special occasions, for people who ask nicely.

Also, I thought pastels would be less retina-destroying than full-saturation colors. Be thankful. ;)

I just love cakes and I've seen the positive reception one can get with cakes. Besides, the alternative involves less cake, which naturally isn't as nice.

I'm trying to come up with ways of making ourselves known to Bioware without resorting to publicly denouncing them as liars and heterosexists.

As for being stereotypically gay? No, for me that would have been stereotypical housewife - I think lesbian stereotypes revolve around having a buzz cut and wearing men's clothes.

I'm trying to come up with ways of making ourselves known to Bioware without resorting to publicly denouncing them as liars and heterosexists.

Maybe people who are against homosexual content should also make themselves known to Bioware and your think-a-likes to show you why no homosexual content is needed in a game which isn't a stage of completion that would allow people to focus on fancy rubbish along the road.