Petition: Make Ignore BETTER!

Ubuu

Usually I would call this out of this world nanny state baby-ing, but considering that the CSR team refuse to rename a certain person on my server, who has a name in a different language that basically translates to a very offensive version of the word prostitute, I can agree with this.

I'd like to see how long I would last on a German or French server with some offensive names in English ;)

my reasoning behind this is because apparently they have almost no staff in the CS dept anymore. Myself, along with many others on the CS forum have tickets that have been open for more than a week. I dunno if this option is even possible to add to the game but it'd be a great solution.

First, "harrasment more than words"? What exactly are we talking about here?

On another note, yeah what is up with CS? I've had several tickets hanging now for 1-2 months, all revolve around lost BH comms. I remember a time when I could have CS in in-game chat ten minutes after that I had sent the ticket.

Edited by MidichIorian

Seriously guys get over yourselves and your delicate sensibilities. Ignore is plenty good... I could only ask that they give us the ability to have a longer list, not that I need it as I only have like three on my list. You have to be really annoying with r tard spam to get on my ignore list. If you are so easily offended you should not be playing anything online that includes the general public... furthermore I submit that if you are able to be offended by another humans words then you are weak and deserve no say in anything of any import.

Simply put, disruptive behavior is against the "rules". My guild plays on a RP server because we are a RP guild and we do RP events and having other players deliberitly trying to ruin our fun is unacceptable.

Dancing, dueling etc while standing on top of a person speaking at a RP event on a RP server is just not right

Folks say use /ignore is someone is harrasing. But that doesnt help if the harrasment is more than words. So...I petition to have Ignore improved, and make that person invisible as well.

/sign

I agree ignore should be better. Typing /emote" F U bro" makes ignore a poor tool for harrassment. Invisible is too far, but it should blank your char name.

Seriously guys get over yourselves and your delicate sensibilities. Ignore is plenty good... I could only ask that they give us the ability to have a longer list, not that I need it as I only have like three on my list. You have to be really annoying with r tard spam to get on my ignore list. If you are so easily offended you should not be playing anything online that includes the general public... furthermore I submit that if you are able to be offended by another humans words then you are weak and deserve no say in anything of any import.

seems you have no idea how crazy some kids can be,

If you are so easily offended
, how can u assume EASY what other ppl are going to deal with, you simple cannot reason with some as they refuse to listen and spam u from multiple toons(I have no idea by God how is this making them feel better no matter how much i think about it), do you think if u meet him on 1 of his alts he`ll have a different mind set? it`ll be the same r*tard behind the character.

Ignore is great, Ignore Legacy would be best

Edited by iDraxter

I think it's funny when you people with these huge ignore lists start wondering why WZ and group finder are taking so long.

Seriously? You can't enter a WZ group with someone on your ignore list? I have a long list, not because I'm offended by "swear" words... I find people that disrespect there team and or talk smack annoying and just dont feel like reading there crap. I have no problem playing the game with them.

Can anyone else conferm this for me? If true i'll have to un-ignore a @$#^ load of people.

Seriously? You can't enter a WZ group with someone on your ignore list? I have a long list, not because I'm offended by "swear" words... I find people that disrespect there team and or talk smack annoying and just dont feel like reading there crap. I have no problem playing the game with them.

Can anyone else conferm this for me? If true i'll have to un-ignore a @$#^ load of people.

Ignore will exclude people on your ignore list when looking for groups via group finder. It won't do it for Warzones.

Hope that helps,

QS :D

I'm surprised that the devs didn't think of including a legacy ignore from the get go. It seems blatantly obvious to me that if someone feels it is necessary to ignore a player on character "a" that their opinion about the player being ignored isn't going to change just because he's switched to character "b", "c", "d", or "e".

I think it's funny when you people with these huge ignore lists start wondering why WZ and group finder are taking so long. Oh he's got a mildly offensive name /ignore......love it.

Or when you're just chatting in general chat and someone says "OMG shut up! /ignored!". Hahaha so pathetic.

Dancing, dueling etc while standing on top of a person speaking at a RP event on a RP server is just not right

That sounds quite hilarious actually. Maybe I'll make a character on an RP server.

:)/signed:)

I'd like to see an 'ignore legacy' option. I have had a couple people who after being ignored switch to an alt to continue the harassment. Gets to be obnoxious

I'm surprised that the devs didn't think of including a legacy ignore from the get go. It seems blatantly obvious to me that if someone feels it is necessary to ignore a player on character "a" that their opinion about the player being ignored isn't going to change just because he's switched to character "b", "c", "d", or "e".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well hopefully you never have to experience the kind of players that make you wish there were better ignore options. Not everyone is so lucky and delicate sensibilities have nothing to do with it. My ignore list only has a couple of people on it but it has multiple names because it's the same people using different alts (and some delete the ignored character and make a new one to harrass with).

They could make it so that you could choose between ignoring just the character or their whole Legacy for the people that don't like the idea.

How the heck does invisible change anything? Seems like a stupid idea. If the harassment gets that bad you should be opening a ticket and taking screen shots. I doubt Bioware takes kindly to this type of alt harassment... provided they respond to the ticket. But this notion of making them invisible, what the heck does that accomplish?