A New Versus Series!

Aurbere

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to bring this back up here:

Thoughts: I should probably make a general rule like 'no insta-kill/insta-win abilities' like Vitiate's mind control or Traya's Force Drain. This was one of the reasons Nihilus was excluded as he can insta-kill practically anything.

When Vitiate makes his return in the loser's bracket, his "mysterious power" is barred. Mainly because we don't know what it was or how he does it.

The argument was made that barring certain abilities from play would be unfair to those characters, and I agree. However, this "mysterious power" is truly mysterious. There are no real definitions for it. All we know is that it kills people. We don't know what kind of preparation it takes, and we don't even know how he does it.

When Vitiate makes his return in the loser's bracket, his "mysterious power" is barred. Mainly because we don't know what it was or how he does it.

The argument was made that barring certain abilities from play would be unfair to those characters, and I agree. However, this "mysterious power" is truly mysterious. There are no real definitions for it. All we know is that it kills people. We don't know what kind of preparation it takes, and we don't even know how he does it.

What power is this?

That's the point isn't it?

But if you are confused as to what I'm referring to. Vitiate uses a mysterious power to purge the Dark Council. We don't know what it is, or how he does it.

Haha, I see what you did there.

Ah, now I recall, yeah that power should be left out. We know nothing about it.

Also, Vitiate's use of mind control to mentally subjugate others (ala Revan and Malak) is also barred. This is because the objective is to kill the opponent, not mentally dominate them.

This rule is not definitive. It can be contested should the argument be convincing enough.

Also, Vitiate's use of mind control to mentally subjugate others (ala Revan and Malak) is also barred. This is because the objective is to kill the opponent, not mentally dominate them.

This rule is not definitive. It can be contested should the argument be convincing enough.

His opponents should be too powerful to simply fall to his domination. However I think it should be allowed if he weakens them enough to be able to use it.

Alright. Here's another update. This time I'll be updating Darth Vader's Force abilities section.

Darth Vader:

Darth Vader's transformation greatly reduced his Force potential, but he grew to become a fearsome and extraordinarily powerful Sith Lord. His abilities mainly revolved around telekinetic abilities, of which he was a master. His basic telekinetic skills were highly refined to the point that he could manipulate objects that were not in view. He could also telekinetically assault his opponents with multiple objects simultaneously.

He was also capable of moving incredibly heavy objects, even mobile Starfighters. His abilities for telekinesis were so powerful that he could collapse very large buildings while he was injured.

Darth Vader's offensive telekinetic abilities were highly refined and very precise. He was capable of Force Choking others from across the galaxy. This ability reached its highest echelons in Force Crush.

Darth Vader also had the ability to alter his surrounding environment. He could also generate powerful Force Barriers that could reflect blaster fire.

Vader was also a gifted telepath. He was capable of mentally assaulting his foes before killing them.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the next match includes Cin Drallig, but I have a question. I was perusing Wookieepedia to see if they thought the ROTS VG duel between Drallig and Vader was canon, and I found this:

The Jedi Master was also proficient in the use of protection bubble, which he used during his battle with Darth Vader. He was also capable of making this an offensive technique as well, encasing Vader within the bubble, and hurting him with its Force energy.

Thoughts?

OK, the next match includes Cin Drallig, but I have a question. I was perusing Wookieepedia to see if they thought the ROTS VG duel between Drallig and Vader was canon, and I found this:

Thoughts?

According to the movies, he died pretty quick. According to the game, there was a prolonged battle. Movies = G-Canon. Games = C-Canon. G-Canon > C-Canon. Vader ROFLstomped Drallig. Which in many ways isn't too surprising, as Dooku says: "Someone who spent all his time studying a single form could probably best a battlemaster." That and Vader is a considerably more powerful Force user.

According to the movies, he died pretty quick. According to the game, there was a prolonged battle. Movies = G-Canon. Games = C-Canon. G-Canon > C-Canon. Vader ROFLstomped Drallig. Which in many ways isn't too surprising, as Dooku says: "Someone who spent all his time studying a single form could probably best a battlemaster." That and Vader is a considerably more powerful Force user.

I am aware of this. Just wanted to see what the community thought about that power.