• Agent
    • Warrior
    • Inquesator
    • Bounty Hunter
    • Knight
    • Consular
    • Smuggler
    • Trooper

I voted for Inquisitor though I think a lot of the stories are really good and I found it quite difficult to chose one.

My opinion about all of them:

My least favourite stories are the Consular and the Trooper one, the reason behind this is that I felt my Consulars advanced too quickly in their search of Wisdom and got send on tasks they shouldn't yet have been able to handle. It's also a huge disappointment when Dark Side or even Neutral alignment options make no sense what-so-ever. With the Trooper my issue was that most of the time I felt I was cleaning up everyone else's mess on top of that mess getting me to the top way before she should have been ready. It feels there's little to no development and she's far from the 'kid' she starts out as. Positive aspect is that playing Neutral might make you look undisciplined at times, it at least makes sense. Full Lightside is a bit boring, but makes sense where-as full Darkside is once again very unrealistic.

The Jedi Knight story is quite alright, but it gave me a god-complex aswell. It's like every single bit is based on feeding the players ego or tickle their Star Wars love (T7) It's just too cheesy at times and I really couldn't enjoy it because of that. And I dislike how Darkside once again makes the story laughable. Neutral is do-able but needs to hang more towards the Lightside and the Lightside gives me the mary-sue feeling. I'm so perfect, preaching love and peace and oh I can even stand toe to toe with dotdotdotdot.

Then there're stories I love certain chapters, but the others are just horrible. The Smuggler has an amazing first act, it's fun, it's Smuggler like and to be fair I think the Smuggler has the best personality there is (or the option to do so.) But after that I get dragged into Republic Service without any options and I instantly seem to lose my eye for profit no matter what. Luckily the personality and the unexpected twist in the end (well Voss spoiled it) made it a very wortwhile story. Sith Warrior I had similar issues, I love the end of the first chapter, you develop yourself based on alignment and have this amazing story based around your apprentice, it's simply wonderful, it's a shame that afterwards it's not only predictable (so was chapter 1 but still) but also boring. You keep running into traps whilst they're so obvious. I know Marauders are suppose to be ungifted and mindless beasts of fury, but why is my Juggernaut such a knucklehead? The Bounty Hunter has a similar feeling, walking into obvious traps and outliving your superiors with such ease, it took away a lot of the excitement. They get extra points for their last conversations and choices though, wonder if they'll even continue where they allowed you to leave of there.

Leaving the Agent and Inquisitor stories. I both love them a lot. The Agent gets completely different settings depending on her alignment, something I think is incredible. It also feels she's well-seasoned when she starts, reducing the god-complex feeling games tend to give by a bit, on top of her often having to bite her tongue a bit due to being a mere Agent in a Sith Empire. But I also think the story is a bit overrated, it often felt slightly predictable, which it's not suppose to be at all and sometimes the development goes relatively slowly. That being said it does have unexpected twists and Kaliyo is always good for a laugh. The Inquisitor I currently really love due to the dislike I made for the god-complex after all the other stories. It's all about the development of my character, how she becomes a Sith, how she gains power and eventually destroys those in her way. A big bonus for both Light-side and Dark-side being amazing to play. The Dark-side is some crazed powerhungry killer, but still cunning and that's quite Sith-like where-as Light-side still achieves her goals, just without the mindless killing and showing off. Reminds me of Darth Bane and Zannah.

But it simply comes down to a few things: I dislike stories that are all about feeding your ego, no character development because you're pretty much a god before you end chapter 1 or simply being too cheesy to feed some childhood dreams (T7 for example) The other thing I dislike if a story can get completely ruined if you choose a certain alignment, something that often goes for the Republic classes. Since the Sith Inquisitor is all about your development aswell as both Dark and Lightside making sense (neutral, not that much) my vote went to that one, though Agent fits the criteria I have aswell (you start more or less as a professional, reducing the from zero to hero aspect) but I find the story a bit overrated at times. Great job on how much influence your choices have though.

My Top 8:

1. Inquisitor
  2. Agent
  3. Smuggler
  4. Sith Warrior
  5. Jedi Knight
  6. Bounty Hunter
  7. Trooper
  8. Consular

My Top 8:

1. Warrior
  2. Agent
  3. Knight
  4. Smuggler
  5. Consular
  6. Bounty Hunter
  7. Trooper
  8. Inquisitor

Warrior story is my absolute favourite because it's well-written, and the characters are really fleshed-out. Chapter 1 is, arguably, the best in the entire game. The rest isn't too far behind.

The Agent story is grimdark. Very, very grimdark. And it makes most sense only when you complete all/most other stories, because it arguably ties them all together.

The Knight is heroic high fantasy. Dynamic, and intensifies a lot towards the end, resulting in a spectacular climactic showdown with the Big Bad.

Smuggler story itself is nothing special, but I love it for how it is presented. Tons of hilarity on your way up in the Galaxy's underworld!

Consular is solid, in my opinion. I really like the characters, and it (usually) makes sense. It's very slow burn, but it throws very satisfying tidbits to a thinking player (like hey, I was right about this and that!). Considerable political accent towards chapter2 as well. Really liked the companions, too.

Bountyhunter - loved the crude humour, loved most companions. Other than that, action flick story.

Trooper - pretty good overall, very dynamic, but the buildup didn't live up to my expectations. Like at all. Hence the low grade.

Inquisitor - not a bad story, but

for someone who is supposed to be the master manipulator, you sure get manipulated a lot.

. I really liked the voices of both, male and female inquisitors.

Edited by Helig

My personal opinion:

1. Warrior

2. Sage

3. Trooper

4. Bounty Hunter

5. Jedi Knight

6. Agent

I haven't done a Smuggler or Inquisitor yet.

Warrior:

Loved it. Out of all my toons, I feel so connected to my warrior in ways I have never felt in any MMO.

Sage:

I enjoyed it. Like another poster said, a slow burn, but the tidbits of twists made it one of my favorites. I enjoyed the ending quite a bit.

Trooper:

I'm prior military so this story struck a cord with me. I enjoyed everything about it.

Bounty Hunter:

Was an Okay story. I didn't like the companions all that much. I liked Mako, but none of the others. That is what killed the character for me. I really like my main toon, the bounty hunter himself, but the other companions didn't really help out in the story or make it more interesting.

Jedi KNight:

Too predictable. Meh

Agent:

Oh man, where to start. At no point in the story did I enjoy it. I can't understand why others like it so much. I liked some of the companions, loved the class ship.... but hardly anything more than that. I was so excited to play one after my warrior because everyone kept ranting and raving about how awesome the story was. Every planet and chapter I kept hoping it would pull me in, but it never did. Maybe someone can explain this too me.

Of the classes I have played:

• Jedi Knight is the most "star wars". So yes while it can be predictable, you get to play the hero
  • Smuggler is the story that most closely mimics a character from the movies, namely Han Solo.
    That being said, it is not necessarily a good thing. If you want to remain a money-hungry smuggler it ain't gonna happen.

• Jedi Consular's story seemed a little haphazard: each chapter was its own story with little connectivity between them
  • Bounty Hunter was great in chapter 1, after that I felt like a pawn of the empire
  • Sith Inquisitor I stopped playing just into chapter 2. Chapter 1 was OK, but Chapter 2 was more of the same and I just could not take that. My SI is little more than a crafting mule now and the only reason I would level him is to get more companions to run crew skills.
  • Trooper, I have only gotten through chapter 1. Again predictable, but fun nonetheless.

Well I have only seen the Inquisitor, Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight, Bounty Hunter and Trooper and out of these I would say for sure it was the Bounty Hunters story line was the best but mine you I have never finished the Agent or Smuggler or Counsuler so.. Edited by Legolose

1. Sith Inquisitor

2. Smuggler

3. Trooper

4. Bounty Hunter

5. Imperial Agent

6. Jedi Knight

7. Sith Warrior

8. Jedi Consular

1. Sith Inquisitor: I think all chapters flowed together logically. Lots of attitude, and an interesting plot. I think the progression in character development from the prelude through the end of Chapter 3 is great.

2. Smuggler: Actually, my favorite class to play. In the #2 position because the chapters didn't flow together very well for me. Chapter 1 -- loved it. Chapter 2 -- good. Chapter 3 -- over the top, but okay. One of the reasons Smuggler is my favorite is because I think anything the Smuggler does makes sense. Dark or light choices. Working with the Republic because of patriotism, or because because business is easier, better with the Republic rather than the Sith Empire. The choices the Smuggler makes are totally about what the Smuggler wants.

3. Trooper: Fun class to play. Constantly saluting the Republic flag got old, fast, for me. Still, I enjoy playing this class. I played a Trooper that followed orders, and I played a Trooper who often disobeyed orders. Interesting both ways.

4. Bounty Hunter: Chapter 1 is great, and chapter 2 is good. I started Chapter 3, but I haven't completed it.

Bounty Hunter Chapter 3 Spoiler:

The Bounty Hunter having to take orders from a Sith turned me off of playing my BH. In the first two chapters, I felt like my Bounty Hunter had a certain level of autonomy. Having to take orders directly from a Sith felt stifling. I'll finish chapter three, one of these days.

5. Imperial Agent: The story's okay. I'm on Chapter 3. I've read some glowing reviews of the Imperial Agent story, but it isn't that great to me. It's okay. Not off-putting, but not great. Probably not a class I'd roll again.

6. Jedi Knight: On chapter 3, I think. The story is alright. Melee is not my forte, so I don't play my JK much.

7. Sith Warrior: I don't remember if I completed chapter 1. Again, melee fighting style is not my favorite. I wasn't pulled in by the story. No plans to play this class again, at this time.

8. Jedi Consular: The worst story for me. I'm in the middle of chapter 2. So far, neither the character, nor the story, is engaging for me. Not a class I'd roll again.

Spoilers for the Jedi Consular Story:

She seems like a doormat to me, as anyone who wants wipes their feet on her, before moving into her ship, which I've named the "Hotel Defender." Companions join the Jedi Consular on the ship just because they want to, not because they add anything (beyond being a tank, healer, etc.) Fess thinks the JC has something to do with Scorekeeper, and decides to join the JC. Theran Cedrax is bored, and decides to join the JC. Zenith is insane, and the new leader of Balmorra wants him gone, so Zenith joins the JC. The Rift Alliance moves onto "Hotel Defender." Through it all, the JC drones on, except when she gets angry. Then, she drones angrily. Ugh.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Here's my ratings

1. Agent - Best Story EVER, you cannot deny it. If you dont say Agent story is #1 then just leave

2. Warrior - Pretty Decent Story, But a bit stereotypical.

3. Smuggler (Unfinished, at Hoth right now) So far, decent story pretty funny, and decently written

4. Inquis (Seen all of story, but dont remember at Taris right now) Kinda Meh, it's just meh.

5. Bounty Hunter - It seems that either the writers were lazy and couldn't think of anything better or weren't given enough time. This story could have been much better

6. Jedi Consular - Havent even touched yet, but have seen, it was only meh.

7. Jedi Knight - (So far on Taris, at level 32, trying to avoid this story as much as possible) Boring as watching paint dry, no excitement, no joy in killing bad guys because full lightside...

8. Trooper - This story was damn BORING. It was SO predictable... I think the Trooper story was shoved to the last story to be worked on and the writers were just about done with the game's story at this point.

I voted for Smuggler, b/c that is the best eva. Ok seriously I voted for Inquisitor, it had a great deal of *** moments, that made it really amazing, if I had been able to vote for 2 my second vote would have been for Agent, and if I was sorting them best to worst, Consular and Trooper would be fighting each other for the last spot on that list. Smuggler was probably the best from the Repubes. Edited by SuperGrunt