Thanx for makjng a GODCLASS

Kelenan

Thank you Bioware for you lack of originality and making a COOKIE CUTTER ability that all mmo's have and that is a BATTLE STEALTH.

All you did was to take some stupid idea for making a large imbalance in the game and implemented it and defend it as a SPECIAL ABILITY.

Defend the decisions however you want all you did was to make it so people playing these classes will never die in PVP.

And that is exactly what is happening. These classes stealth out of combat before they get to half life and come back fully healed to sneak attack again and again until they finally get a kill.

You even have the nerve to say we have stealth detection abilities to somehow justify your decision to implement such an unfair ability. Well being able to stealth detect in a small circle once every 20 seconds does not compare seeing how the stealther's movement speed is increased while stealth their escape is assured.

I am certain what you did BIOWARE was to hire some developer from EQ or some other fantasy game that had developed some rogue class and has some love for the B.S. unfair ability and agreed to place in this game as a SPECIAL ABILITY.

All you did was make BROKEN PVP!

Bottom line there is no fairness in facing opponents you can never kill! There is no fun in this B.S. COOKIE CUTTER no originality developing crap!

Balance this crap out remove BATTLE STEALTH or give it a 30 minute cooldown!

I hope you guys get a damn clue.

Where in Star Wars cannon does anyone go invisible?

Give us all battle stealth and lets see what that does.

Edited by Kelenan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Bioware for you lack of originality and making a COOKIE CUTTER ability that all mmo's have and that is a BATTLE STEALTH.

All you did was to take some stupid idea for making a large imbalance in the game and implemented it and defend it as a SPECIAL ABILITY.

Defend the decisions however you want all you did was to make it so people playing these classes will never die in PVP.

And that is exactly what is happening. These classes stealth out of combat before they get to half life and come back fully healed to sneak attack again and again until they finally get a kill.

You even have the nerve to say we have stealth detection abilities to somehow justify your decision to implement such an unfair ability. Well being able to stealth detect in a small circle once every 20 seconds does not compare seeing how the stealther's movement speed is increased while stealth their escape is assured.

I am certain what you did BIOWARE was to hire some developer from EQ or some other fantasy game that had developed some rogue class and has some love for the B.S. unfair ability and agreed to place in this game as a SPECIAL ABILITY.

All you did was make BROKEN PVP!

Bottom line there is no fairness in facing opponents you can never kill! There is no fun in this B.S. COOKIE CUTTER no originality developing crap!

I hope you guys get a damn clue.

Where in Star Wars cannon does anyone go invisible?

This way of thinking is old and broken.

The stealthies have no grapple, no pull, nothing to close the distance.

Sure so they can escape and they are squishy, quit your crying and stick a dot on them.

Stealth attack is plenty! you get a backstab but once you reveal yourself you should not be able to go invisible again out of combat you should have to see it through bottom line.

All it does is makes you unkillable and you damn well know it.

Ya I know some of you that love the classes that can do this will defend it because you can't play other wise.

Give us all BATTLE STEALTH and lets see how broken it make a game.

Edited by Kelenan

The stealthies have no grapple, no pull, nothing to close the distance.

Actually, my assassin has death grip. Err, "force pull", I mean.

Sure so they can escape and they are squishy, quit your crying and stick a dot on them.

DoTs, on the other hand, are very effective.

Stealth attack is plenty! you get a backstab but once you reveal yourself you should not be able to go invisible again out of combat you should have to see it through bottom line.

All it does is makes you unkillable and you damn well know it

Then how has any operative or scoundrel died ever? This is kinda silly.

he is just confusing all stealthers with op/scounds. Stealth itself is the most underpowered I have seen stealth in any MMO I have played in the past 10 years.

Insane detection. I have been detected 20-30m away. Plantable AOE anti stealth summon! LOL. Anti stealth buff. Dot's negate vanish, etc, etc.

You can NOT balance stealth classes in this game AROUND the fact they have stealth. You have to balance them as if they have 1/2 of a gap closer.

Although I would agree that dmg is out of hand... mainly thanks to overpowered stim and buff stacking....

The stealth itself... ya DOTS... every class has DOT skills... you can't restealth for more then a second if you have dots on. There are detection skills.... and there are also castable AOE skills. I have caught stealth players when I suspected, with a casting of death field.

I don't know its hard to call a restealth every 2-3 min depending on traits OP as the two stealth classes are in general a bit squishy.

I think really the balance on this will be more obvious when there is a 50 class... I think right now the boolster system is giving ODD over values too stims and such used during matches. (its anecdotal on my part... just noticed that my level 31 Operative hits like a mack truck with stims in warzones... and against NPCs... the same stims seem to increase my dmg a bit... but I don't see the same degree of mega hit unless I am bolstered.)

[quote=Kelenan;1417274All you did was make BROKEN PVP!

Again I have to agree Battle Stealth SHOULD have at the very least a 10 min cooldown in PvP. I am not saying to remove it but come on lets make it fair. Once you come out of stealth to engage in combat you SHOULD NOT be able to disappear again and again. This is not fair.

And whats more is most of you out there know it! I have seen alot of people complaining about it on the forums but No-One has had any ideas on how to fix it. I believe a cooldown would suffice. I know I and the OP are gonna get alot of trolls complaining that they want this and they want that, However I think that asking for a cooldown on a ability is perfectly fine and should NOT be bashed.

Personally, I love PvP against stealth types - well over half of my kills are of stealthable players, they are just so squishy and they make a delightful popping sound when I do squish them.

Now, to stop this sounding like a "L2P" post, I will suggest that OP try playing a stealth class and look at the challenges involved. I would say he has run into some pretty good stealthers, who are either heavily buffed or who are maximizing their class advantages and mitigating the weaknesses.

Again I have to agree Battle Stealth SHOULD have at the very least a 10 min cooldown in PvP. I am not saying to remove it but come on lets make it fair. Once you come out of stealth to engage in combat you SHOULD NOT be able to disappear again and again. This is not fair.

If they where to do something like that then the class would need serious compensation to be even remotely effective at anything accept dying all the time.

The evasion skills would need increased effectiveness (reduced cool downs, increased up times)... possibly another road would be the reduction of cool downs on CC... With out that the 2 Stealth classes would get nothing but mowed down by Commandos and Mercs. Funny thing is every class has dots... in general they don't hit hard so people seem to refuse to use them. I have a mid level Op... and I find it very funny that almost NO one hits me with dots when I fight them. Everyone tries to spam their big dmg instead of removing our advantage. lol

To position myself in this debate I'll start by stating that among other classes I play a Scoundrel. I have also played stealth-classes in WoW, Rift, WAR, AoC, D&DO, LotrO, Aion and probably a few others. Rant all you want now you know what's coming.

Point 1: Usually (and certainly in this case) classes have counterclasses. I'm very hardpressed taking a good tank 1-v-1.

Point 2: Healers need to die fast in any PvP combat situation. If you've seen some of the 50-premades with guards and healers you should know this already. There is simply no poin in fighting any of these teams without either the same advantage or MASSIVE burst. Which the stealthers bring to the table.

Point 3: The kill doesn't matter as much as the objective. Why do you care if a stealther once in a while pops up and kills a squishy? If you know what you're doing your defending with more than one person everywhere anyways. You still hold the objective and the dead player has oodles of time to get back in the fight before any non-healing specced Scrapper-Scoundrel can heal up and get back in the fight.

These points make it quite clear that a stealth-burst class with EVERYTHING THAT GOES WITH IT is quite justifyable. If you remove their assasination style kills you also need to remove healing and guarding altogether.

Point 4: L2P. This is always a good argument. I could even tell you how to counter me but why would I? Go out and play and learn the game instead of whining at the first instance of getting stun-bursted.

NEWSFLASH to those who say "put dot on them"

I have a 42 op.

the "evade" ability, which normally is something that makes enemy miss you for 3 seconds, when talented also removes the negative effects from you.

evade + vanish = move away from the fight like a boss.

NEWSFLASH to those who say "put dot on them"

the "toxic scan" ability, which the op class gets, removes 2 negative effects from you.

toxic scan + vanish = move away from the fight like a boss.

I HATE the generalization of this thread. Check out Assassin/Deception and youll understand why. OP/Smugglers have too much burst--- their damage needs to be shifted a bit from burst to sustained to even them out without breaking them. But they are not the only class/specs that have stealth and are a melee class... There are LOTS of them, and most of the time-- those other builds are at a severe disadvantage to ranged classes so they perform pretty poorly in the current pvp metagame.

I tried PvP for the first time last night. Got totally addicted! Went for about 5 matches in a row.

The stealthies I was able to neut with a Cryo Gernade, as soon as I saw them start to flicker drop the C-Nade on them freeze them in place and than just ripped up the fire power on them.

This worked great until the last match I played, my team 1 level 5 2 level 40+ the rest in the 30s... Imp team all level 50's. Total pawnage on their part. I was taking an average of 2000 points a hit. At level 23 needless to say this did NOT take long to drop me hide like a stone in a pond.

And I got totally side tracked there. My bad!