2nd boss of Denova broken?

We tried to bust through story mode quickly last night, and we were doing fine on the first boss, but then when we got to the two tanks, it was nearly impossible. We figure out how to not get the tank 1-shot by the lightning tank, but when they went into the phase where you need to hide under the shield from the missile salvo, the lightning tank put the aoe lightning fields inside of the shield, so you basically die outside to the missles, or you die inside to the aoe lightnings.

Sorry its so unspecific, I dont know all of the exact names since the raid just came out, but this seems broken as crap to me.

Have you done KP or SoA? Think of KP fire on steroids mixed with pillar on SoA. Tank has to drop the blue shields in a way that doesn't kill everyone else, himself, or the shield. It isn't difficult if you think like the above with regards to KP/SoA.

Just before a blue shield "land" the ground is marked with the same graphic as SoA pillar. Small circle of "broken/cracked" ground. Move slightly away and the shield spawns on that location. Go in a line dropping a shield every few feet and viola! Raid can continue.

That fight is trivial (but awesomely fun).

As was mentionned, everyone on the stormcaller tank go under the shield EXCEPT for the tank. Then just have the tank run laps around the stormcaller.

Tanks barely take any damage (the attacks are all deflectable/shieldable, so very few actually do any damage), and the lightning pillars will start vanishing exactly as you complete one lap around the tank, so you'll never run into a pillar, if you run as fast as possible in circle (no force speed though).

BTW this is an addition to what people have already said, & the debuff is called "Double Destruction" Good Luck!

CptA - Stormcaller does a frontal cone 2 attack armor debuff with large damage. This is how we beat it. All range dps should be on firebrand and all melee dps on stormcaller.

(Just a quick cap for firebrand - Range dps and healer should be stacked near the wall, tank fight him with his back to the group so boss will knock him back into the beacon shield generator. I'm sure you figured out how to stay under the shield generator and dps the adds in that phase without AoE. Don't want to destroy the beacon generator.

Stormcaller - The way the boss sits before you start him, keep him in that position. Tank faces him that way and healer and 2 melee dps gather on his side ON the boss(He has a nice platform base). They have to occasionally move when he spawns those lightning pillars, but that's pretty much it. Here is the big thing where the tank has to pull his head out of his butt - He'll cast a 5 sec attack that hits 2 times and leaves their armor at basically nothing. It happens to the closest 2 people in his frontal cone OR it will just hit the tank that he is facing. So as the 5 sec debuff attack is being cast - The tank has to run behind the group and the 2 melee dps will stand their and take the dmg and armor debuffs. Once done, the tank runs back to his position so the group doesn't get hit by is aoe pulse. RINSE & REPEAT. There will be a lot of AoE healing - So sage/inquistor are best for stormcaller.

I was healing firebrand as a mercenary - & the reason, is it's a lot of single target spike dmg because you have to heal the 2nd tank through an armor debuff that last around 10 seconds.

Edited by Fanfarlo

He'll cast a 5 sec attack that hits 2 times and leaves their armor at basically nothing. It happens to the closest 2 people in his frontal cone OR it will just hit the tank that he is facing. So as the 5 sec debuff attack is being cast - The tank has to run behind the group and the 2 melee dps will stand their and take the dmg and armor debuffs. Once done, the tank runs back to his position so the group doesn't get hit by is aoe pulse.

Not necessary for tank to run behind the group etc. Seriously with proper positioning of dps and tank the amount of movement for double destruction is a whopping 3-5 feet total for both the melee and the tank. Simplification is your friend.

Not necessary for tank to run behind the group etc. Seriously with proper positioning of dps and tank the amount of movement for double destruction is a whopping 3-5 feet total for both the melee and the tank. Simplification is your friend.

^^^

Also, if you step up to HM, you might want to reconsider healing through Firebrand's incinerate armor. Just a heads up, as you can learn and practice a better way now in Story, so it is easier to execute in hard.

You guys must all do 8 man content because 16 man story mode our tank and melee who were eating the double destruction got spanked. The tank not so much, the two melee got ravaged by it every time. Full Rakata geared as well, and they're getting smashed on.

Staying outside of the shields was kind of a funny idea, as the lightning shields were dropping on healers even. I don't think it's limited to the tank.

I could be wrong, which in many circumstances I am, but if it was dropping lightning shields on me... I think there's something else going on with the mechanics instead of just the tank staying on the outside of the raid and dropping these pillars around the Stormcaller.

You guys must all do 8 man content because 16 man story mode our tank and melee who were eating the double destruction got spanked. The tank not so much, the two melee got ravaged by it every time. Full Rakata geared as well, and they're getting smashed on.

Staying outside of the shields was kind of a funny idea, as the lightning shields were dropping on healers even. I don't think it's limited to the tank.

I could be wrong, which in many circumstances I am, but if it was dropping lightning shields on me... I think there's something else going on with the mechanics instead of just the tank staying on the outside of the raid and dropping these pillars around the Stormcaller.

Your tanks should not be getting Double Destruction, only your DPS on the tank. As for the lightning pillars, it drops on who ever has the highest threat at the start of the the missile phase which should always be your tank.

Your tank should never have double or single destruction on him. EVER. If he did, you did it wrong. You're supposed to let people who wont be getting hit (much) for a bit take it. It can be your healers, it can be anybody, but if its the tank, you're going to get spanked (its survivable, but it heavily stresses the healers).

The tank should move out of the way a bit so that other people are closer to take it for him. If you don't have enough, they get it by double destruction instead of single destruction, and thats bad news.

To be blunt bud if your're getting the blue fields under the shield your tank is not doing his job.

Like previously stated by others have dps or 2 people other than the tank get DD. When it comes time for Defensive Systems the SC tank has to keep aggro which should be easy considering dps should be taking care of adds under the shield otherwise you will get fields under the shields. He/she then needs to kite said fields in a pattern as to not screw the raid.

Rinse and repeat this while dodging reticles/w/e else and your golden.

Edited by Dacadus

To be blunt bud if your're getting the blue fields under the shield your tank is not doing his job.

Like previously stated by others have dps or 2 people other than the tank get DD. When it comes time for Defensive Systems the SC tank has to keep aggro which should be easy considering dps should be taking care of adds under the shield otherwise you will get fields under the shields. He/she then needs to kite said fields in a pattern as to not screw the raid.

Rinse and repeat this while dodging reticles/w/e else and your golden.

To be blunt, for 2 attempts I was tanking this. Single destruction never killed me. I never went under a shield. Hell, I never died until at least half of my raid members were dead. During defensive systems, my team ran under the shield, I stayed out, both sides were killed by lightning auras.

Then if you were the SC tank you lost aggro that is all there is to it.

^^^

I love people who argue against everyone else that has already downed the content. Please accept responsibility that you need to do better, because what you explained isn't part of the fight if done correctly.