Does Crafting Legacy Perk Affect Slicing Missions?

Belaeren

I noticed the new legacy character perk, "Legacy of Crafting", affects the chance for an augmented result when crafting. I am wondering whether this is really just an enhanced crit chance? Specifically, I am curious whether this legacy perk might affect Slicing missions to improve the chance to obtain those Neural Augmentors as ingredients for Augments. Does anyone know?

From what I remember, there was a dev post saying that it applied to all crafting - either to get an augmented result, or double the results of a part. I believe it only applies to crafting, however, not the gathering skills (which is a shame, if true) but I could be wrong.

Hi Boyana,

This buff is for the actual crafting itself, and does not affect the Crew Missions.

So no. It doesn't affect slicing missions.

(good to see the conflicting CS posts about whether it affects chances of getting a bonus mod/etc. has been cleared up for non-augmentable stuff. Summary: It does)

• 2 years later...
It does affect slicing crew skills and anything else. Note the dev response.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=492276&page=2

I hate to respond to a double necro (you necroed a thread AND linked a thread that was started even longer ago), but did you read the dev response?

The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

Note the highlighted. Slicing is NOT crafting.

Or the LAST post in that thread that linked the final answer:

This buff is for the actual crafting itself, and does not affect the Crew Missions.

Again slicing is not crafting therefore slicing is NOT affected by legacy of crafting perk.

There's nothing wrong with necroing threads. Maybe the old hands know all about these minor points, but new guys may never have heard about the issues raised. I appreciate the clarification on this issue. I knew you could add the perk, which seems minor to me. I mean, 1% greater chance? Whoopy. But I did not appreciate the distinction.

I knew you could add the perk, which seems minor to me. I mean, 1% greater chance? Whoopy. But I did not appreciate the distinction.

3% higher chance to craft an item twice that will bring me 5 Mio each? I find that worthwhile. Even for the lower priced items, e.g. augments, the amount of augments each of my crafters sells per day easily pays the few costs in a short time.