life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

Finally someone with enough maturity to not let stupid things get under their skin and feel the need to rage over the silliest things.

You shortsightedness is terryfying. You know that if not for cartel market we would get all theese things as quest rewards or from vendor? Nobody would have to pay real money for them.

Personally i will boycott this whole mess.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so massively NOT all good its not even funny. Nobody likes to grind and grind but don't u think you should be able to earn space stuff? rather than use your credit card and beat all the missions by tonight?

Er.

You can earn the space stuff. You can purchase them in-game either through daily comms, fleet comms, and likely credits via the GTN.

Sure, you can also buy them off the cash shop, but that doesn't mean you have to.

Very possibly. Not the most concrete analogy, but you're misconstruing the point. I know what a PS3 is, and I could buy one now if I wanted. As long as I don't know what my wife is getting me (which may or may not be a PS3), the gift itself still remains a secret. The claim was that by us seeing available items in the cartel market, there's no way anything EAware does for us is a secret anymore.

I know what a Ninja is, but if I don't see one in the shadows about to kill me, it's still a secret.

I know where Las Vegas is, but if I don't know my best friend has plane tickets and a hotel booked for my birthday there, it's still a secret.

I know what's in the Cartel Market, but if I don't know what I could be getting (if anything), come closer to Life Day... it's still a secret. Just like in the theme of the holiday it's modeled after.

Having just looked at the Life Day items in game, it would be more like your wife letting you buy a SNES for PS3 prices, then giving you another SNES on Christmas day.

Wow they are expensive for what they are. :eek:

(Personally I'd pretty sure what you, me and everyone else will be getting for Life Day - the same thing as naughty kids supposedly get at Christmas :))

Edited by Goretzu

I watched the darth hater interview, They didn't mention anything at all about the event. Leads me to assume that there isn't going to be one as i could only see Jeff hickman burble on about how cool the toys were.

Both Rakhghoul and Chevin were not mentioned at all until their launch.

Just sayin'..

Having just looked at the Life Day items in game, it would be more like your wife letting you buy a SNES for PS3 prices, then giving you another SNES on Christmas day.

Wow they are expensive for what they are. :eek:

(Personally I'd pretty sure what you, me and everyone else will be getting for Life Day - the same thing as naughty kids supposedly get at Christmas :))

LOL... Now this I can agree with whole heartedly. And honestly, I'm not expecting anything when it gets closer to Life Day, but I will argue that until that day comes, we have no clue what could be so there's really a whole lot of outrage over unknowns. This has been my whole point. And my only point. (Granted there was my argument earlier with another member when bugs were somehow brought into this thread, which isn't about bugs, but that's a whole different story.)

I never stated that it was better for not having an event - my implication was to state the fact that it's no worse and that the whining that we've seen in the mere matter of minutes since 1.6 was released is immature and quite frankly, uncalled for.

I would agree that the items they added on the Carter Market are hugely overpriced, but they are merely vanity items and in no way, shape, or form do they necessitate being owned in order to enjoy yourself.

So you think 4 months worth of subscriber coins per character for something you can't get anywhere is "reasonable" for paying subscribers then? :eek:

Fair enough, but we disagree. :)

Edited by Goretzu

Or, as an alternative for those of us that think, maybe Bioware wouldn't offer ANY of the Cartel Market items because they wouldn't have the income from it to pay extra staff to make said items. Just, you know, a thought. There is nothing that indicates the items from the Market would be available through any other means.

Let's hear some more raging so I can think for you.

Becouse we already dont pay our subscriptions and creating this crap costs millions.

Somehow they managed to make it right in LOTRO where you have few festivals a year with minigames and different prizes you dont have to buy with real money.

Edited by Satanski

Ya it stinks, good thing is I'm smart enough to not get pulled in by this crap, unfortunately our stupid bretheren aren't so lucky and will buy all the crap they put up, giving Bioware further motivation to just keep doing it.

my thoughts exactly, even after this terribad pay2win patch theres still ppl defending the team behind this game.

sheep is sheep.

Er.

You can earn the space stuff. You can purchase them in-game either through daily comms, fleet comms, and likely credits via the GTN.

Sure, you can also buy them off the cash shop, but that doesn't mean you have to.

Nothing in the patch notes about buying them through other means, but you could be right (i hope you are). In the patch notes it only describes the defensive/offensive/tactical upgrades you can buy for CCs. If they are available from other means like fleet comms then ok. But it doesn't say.

Becouse we already dont pay our subscriptions and creating this crap costs millions.

Somehow they managed to make it right in LOTRO where you have fee festivals a year with minigames and different prizes you dont have to buy with real money.

Yeah the LOTRO model is ok, certainly an order of magnitude better than this seems to be. :(

Why the life day items are in the cartel market and not in a festival i will never know, its a cheap money grab to something that should of been put in the game as content. I beg people to vote with there wallets and not buy this life day stuff in hopes that bioware realise this should of been event and they need to stop being lazy.

Somehow they managed to make it right in LOTRO where you have free festivals a year with minigames and different prizes you dont have to buy with real money.

Just a question: weren't those events in already before LOTRO went F2P? I honestly don't know because I didn't play it.

Because that would explain at least half the reason not to make them cost money in LOTRO.. as they were already paid by earlier subscriptions. As well as not wanting to make people pay more for what they once got as part of their subscription in that very game.

Just curious really.. Because if that's the case.. comparing LOTRO events to TOR events is, quite literally, apples to bantha steaks.

So what are you all complaining about?

Lack of event has nothing to do with F2P and more to do with more important content being worked on.

Fireworks being for sale as well as free is a bonus for those who want more. More importantly why would you want more fireworks? Get a grip.

Why the life day items are in the cartel market and not in a festival i will never know, its a cheap money grab to something that should of been put in the game as content. I beg people to vote with there wallets and not buy this life day stuff in hopes that bioware realise this should of been event and they need to stop being lazy.

if i want it..

I'll buy it... If I don't i won't.

Its my money i earn by working for a living and I'll spend it how i please :)

Somehow they managed to make it right in LOTRO where you have few festivals a year with minigames and different prizes you dont have to buy with real money.

And LotRO also makes you buy quest packs from 20-50 so you can level. SWTOR offers that for free.

And 'this crap' may cost millions but how do you know the funds for the Market are not strictly from the revenue it creates? You don't, you're whining with no basis for an argument.

So what are you all complaining about?

Lack of event has nothing to do with F2P and more to do with more important content being worked on.

Fireworks being for sale as well as free is a bonus for those who want more. More importantly why would you want more fireworks? Get a grip.

Such as more Cartel Packs? :confused:

if i want it..

I'll buy it... If I don't i won't.

Its my money i earn by working for a living and I'll spend it how i please :)

Indeed, however are these items "worth" 4 months worth of subscriber coins (2400) per character on top of a subscription?

I can't see that myself.

Certainly the clothes and the mount are much worse than what other MMORPGs give away for free with free Christmas events.

Such as more Cartel Packs? :confused:

Or maybe new PvP content like the kind they're releasing now. Or new space missions. Or new PvE content. Or new planets, like Makeb. You know... alternatives to your theory.

Or maybe new PvP content like the kind they're releasing now. Or new space missions. Or new PvE content. Or new planets, like Makeb. You know... alternatives to your theory.

No, I'm pretty sure it's new Cartel Packs. :)

However Makeb is going to be charged for on top of a subscription as well, and making the new space missions P2W is pretty much the same thing.

Edited by Goretzu

Indeed, however are these items "worth" 4 months worth of subscriber coins (2400) per character on top of a subscription?

I can't see that myself.

Certainly the clothes and the mount are much worse than what other MMORPGs give away for free with free Christmas events.

They might be or they might not be, depending on who you ask.

The point is, no one's making you buy them. You will gain nothing by having the Life Day Robes. It's just some ( really ugly, if you ask me) gear that you can buy IF you want to just make your toon look different - that's all.