DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

A dmg proc relic may proc before the attack that does it, its a matter of milseconds but its fine.

You're not allowed to trim the front of your log.

But since using pre-built stacks and buffs is permitted the rule is being made a joke of.

Still doesn't explain the affliction tick/lack of apply effect

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I was saying was, for a theoretical max buffing out of combat without blowing any cooldowns prior to fight, you would pop berserk AND have a full stack of fury before ever starting..which can be done via carnage but you'd have to macro respec to make full use of the berserk, realistically (weaponmaster buff). So ya, basically I'm talking about the maximum cheesing..anyone can do that, if you can macro, which I personally don't know jack about because I basically consider it a form of hax. So the question is..for this thread, is macroing disallowed (in case anyone does attempt it)?

I think it's safe to say a macro respec, if performed, is disallowed. It's one thing for a macro to click a couple of hotkeys in succession for you, it's another to move your mouse around a screen to click talents.

And we've come to figure out why The Harbinger's leaderboards allow the front end to be trimmed.

I still don't like it, boss fights include openers, and it's better for peers to see how each other open. Anythng you can do before an encounter to boost your dps is fine IMO

EDIT: but in any case, as long as the playing field is even, parses from same classes can be compared, I feel seperate classes are better compared including the opener

Edited by odawgg

As long as everyone can replicate the feat I've got no problem with it. However if the feature is changes so that this trick is no longer available in the future your parse will be removed from the list.

dont worry it wont be fixed... because it doesnt have to be fixed, i dont believe anyone uses this in raid you rarely need that insane start burst on a boss that would make a difference, maybe kephess nim tfb or something i would use, the only difference pre / after 2.0 is that acid blade was 15 sec CD before, so it was viable to do, but short period of time, now acid blade is an infinite buff.... and since i dont believe there are more than 3 players in the world that might do this in 1 fight attempt weekly at most... i dont believe they would focus on this as an "exploit" lol... like ive said, ive never used it in raids so i dont believe anyone else have either :p.

Still doesn't explain the affliction tick/lack of apply effect

It is clipped by about 1.5seconds from the start.

But since using pre-built stacks and buffs is permitted the rule is being made a joke of.

^ This is basically the reason to it.

Here is my Lightning spec highest dps that was posted, but it seemed to be missed like 4-5 pages back

Kindran - Sorcerer - Lightning - 2862.44

http://www.torparse.com/a/267831/1/0/Damage+Dealt

AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/a420f84b-e763-453a-abd2-f9adc72db465

Edited by Kindran

Aha.. can't clip the front! ToFN-boards do that as well, here is the unclipped start log:

Yet, gaining stacks before the actual fight is still allowed huh? What is the difference between the two? I don't mind doing un-clipped starts, but then no one should be allowed to build any stacks that require attacks or apply any debuff to the boss before an actual parse either. If you allow those then clipped starts are the same thing.

Yet, gaining stacks before the actual fight is still allowed huh? What is the difference between the two? I don't mind doing un-clipped starts, but then no one should be allowed to build any stacks that require attacks or apply any debuff to the boss before an actual parse either. If you allow those then clipped starts are the same thing.

Difference is that I can easily (in most cases) regulate if the start has been clipped. Technically building stacks (by interacting with the dummy), adding debuffs, etc is not allowed before the fight but I don't play all classes so I have a hard time checking this without help. I would love to be able to check and remove all the parses that do this but alone it's quite impossible. Its a matter of principle, not practicality.

Finally decided to gear up my VG. Still very far from BIS, but definitely geared up nicely now. All 69's except for belt, offhand and bracers, those are 72. All L66 augments. Assault spec (Pyro: Mirror)

I have done about 5 parses, asside from mistakes, I nearly always come in with the exact same numbers (within a few single digit DPS). I'll provide two logs, which have very similar results. Time to get some Assault love on those scoreboards. :D

Blackbox - Vanguard - Assault - 7/8/31 - 2526 - 2526 Torparse

Blackbox - Vanguard - Assault - 7/8/31 - 2524 - 2524 Torparse

Thought it would be fun to exclude Shockstrike from my rotation (actually, I used it three times by accident). This effectively makes the Assault Vanguard a 10 meter ranged class.

Blackbox - Vanguard - Assault - 7/8/31 - 2522 - 2522 No Shockstrike Torparse

Edited by Arch_Angel_Gabe

Btw I see most people clip at the end, how do you do it? Is there a way to do it in torparse itself?

Some people open their text file log in notepad and edit it, deleting chunks from start and finish.

What I do is use torparse time selection feature on the left hand side, select the time points you want to see the stats for and a link will appear at the top of the page for you to share that time section with other people.

Because you didn't delete chunks of your file before uploading it, people can see a more realistic view of your parses if they want to.

I see all the mercs/commandos are Arsenal/Gunnery, how far behind is Pyrotech/Assault(?)? Arsenal so far(lvl 46) feels clunky compared to Pyro for me, I'd rather play Pyro at 55 if it's not drastically behind.

I play arsenal, I've dabbled in pyro, so take this with grain of salt, but I think it's at least reasonably accurate.

There are fights where Pyro can be used without problem, generally fights where target switching is not prominent, such as Thrasher, Cartel Warlords etc. Pyro is very DoT heavy and receives buffs in raid, whereas Arsenal gets all it's buffs (other than bloodthirst) on the dummy so that's why you won't see pyro topping dummy charts. If you're looking for overall highest dps output on average in end game PVE, Arsenal is going to come out on top, more so on some fights than others (rather significant on some fights TBH). On fights such as Thrasher, as long as you're tunneling the boss, it could be argued pyro can pull higher numbers factoring in armor debuff and sub-30% burn.

In summary, Arsenal is much burstier, higher overall dps when factoring in all fights, and has a needed armor debuff to allow the other dps to maximize their individual dps = better raid utility in this way. Pyro has a bit higher AoE (I think) and is more mobile. However mobility in end-game PVE is rarely an issue as long as you're anticipating movement properly with positioning.

As for PVP, I cannot answer this since I don't play it. Hope that helps, I'm sure Gyro (much more experienced in pyro) can/will chime in with his two cents.

Edited by odawgg

i saw you updated few pages after mine, and didnt update mine, so here it is again

invinc Lethality operative 3103

http://www.torparse.com/a/270373/3/0/Damage+Dealt

u might have missed since i edited it a few times :)... anyways, let me know if you wont update it because of Acid blade and i wont post anymore logs then :D, unless somebody gives an argument on how / why that opener is not viable usable in any kind of raid situation, other than QQ because OP is on top of marauders in the rank which seems to be the case :), because no one has given a valid argument yet :), just accusations ive explained :).

thx.