Am I stupid ?

pellib

I bought this game to have a fun game to play when I feel like it. After a while the server I'm playing on was deserted and we will move to another server. What do I need to do and know in order to move ?

Is it my responsibility to constantly check the forums or will I get an email when it's time for me to move ?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought this game to have a fun game to play when I feel like it. After a while the server I'm playing on was deserted and we will move to another server. What do I need to do and know in order to move ?

Is it my responsibility to constantly check the forums or will I get an email when it's time for me to move ?

you just need to wait for more server transfers to open up tomorrow. ( bug caused them to stop for the day) and if your server is a transfer from or to server you will see an influx of people which is good.

You will have to check the forums to see if your server is eligible for transfers.

How many of the playerbase are aware of that ? I know that most of my friends have no idea that they have to actively move.

Edited by pellib

How many of the playerbase are aware of that ? I know that most of my friends have no idea that they have to actively move.

You actually bring up a great point. Not sure what is going on with servers since I play on Fatman....but Bioware should be doing something in-game to let people know about servers.

Are you kidding me?

You are paying 15 dollars a month to play this game.

If you have ANY questions about ANYTHING concerning this game, where is the first place a reasonable person would go to look for answers?

The game's website.

Its hard to consider giving a definitive answer to that. Those who read the forums on a regular bases may well be the majority of the player base. Who knows. On that note, however, if your playing an MMO then its always a good idea to keep track of info like this, hence why your asking this question.

Are you kidding me?

If you have ANY questions about ANYTHING concerning this game, where is the first place a reasonable person would go to look for answers?

The game's website.

I don't understand that, why should I be responsible to check websites ? Why isn't it the providers responsibility to inform me ?

I don't understand that, why should I be responsible to check websites ? Why isn't it the providers responsibility to inform me ?

well technically when you open the launcher there is a big server transfer thingy that tells you to come here and check

Wow... just WOW!!!

They DO inform you, my entitled little friend... they inform you on their website.

Would you like an engraved invitation delivered by messenger owl to your cupboard under the stairs?

Edited by OmegaMayhem

Come on man it isn't that hard. If the forums are too much of a hassle for you it is advertised right on the game LAUNCHER that this is all starting to happen. You guys want a fed -ex guy to hand deliver a special note that it is now time to consider moving? BW has announced it at E3, put it in the forums, put it on the launcher, advertised it in multiple media venues and yet you are saying "What if people don't know?" Crawl out from under the rock once in a while.

Hi OP:

You are correct, they are not super-informative about this process, and information is trickling out, in different places.

If you actively monitor the forums or website, however, you should get an idea of what is going on.

Here are some of the possible places to check:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477706

http://www.swtor.com/transfer#transfer-rules

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/4997

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120612

Yeah...BW doesn't seem to think of every situation.

They got all the facts, the server I'm on, when it's time to move etc. all I'm saying send an automated email and inform the players.

Wow... just WOW!!!

They DO inform you, my entitled little friend... then inform you on their website.

Would you like an engraved invitation delivered by messenger owl to your cupboard under the stairs?

jesus.. how did you know i live in a cupboard under the stairs! damn you are magic!!!

I find it very strange, lets say I buy a service if something changes shouldn't I be informed rather than the other way around ?

They've been telling players for months to check the forums for updates on server transfers for when and what servers will be involved.

They have a responsibility to a certain point, but the consumer needs to be able to ask the question instead of waiting for the answer and getting upset when nothing is said.

Oh dear. I have to say this, but isn't it standard practice to have the relevant information provided on the website/community blogs or forums? I hate to mention this god forsaken word *wreches*, but blizzard have always kept the community informed in the exact same manner and yet I'm sure it won't change any time soon.

Maybe a text message to the subscribers informing them of important news on the site would help, but that costs money to implement something like that, especially on a large scale.

If you want info or care about your games future then read up. It isn't too hard a chore to achieve.

i was under the impression it was fairly well spelled out in their dev post about it... though maybe i read to much into it when i read it the first time

It was. People are just to busy trollin' it up on the forums are simply lazy and then accusing Bioware of not informing. :rolleyes:

Are you kidding me?

The game's website.

I think it is YOU sir who are kidding me!

EVERYONE knows anything BW is going to do is G-14 classified until after it is already done/open/ready/released.

Nobody.....and the BW means NOBODY....gets to know **** until its too late to ***** about it. ESPECIALLY us stinking customers! :p