Need Help/advise with firebrand +stormcaller NiM

Hey guys.

My guild tried the tanks in EC NiM for the first time tonight and we ran into a little issue. I have browsed through these forums, and many others, trying to find some guidance but as yet havent been able to spot the information we need.

The issue we are having is afer the defensive systems phase. We are handling the adds well and killing things in good time, yet when we jump back up onto the tanks our stormcaller tank is getting 1 shot by a 27k+ zap (ingame kill report is showing this for the tank). Out of 8 attempts tonight this has happened 6 times to our complete frustration. From reading through allot of forums zap seems to be stormcallers spam atack and I havent seen anything to suggest that it should be hitting so hard. My main question with regards to this attack would be is there something we are doing wrong to trigger it to 1 shot the tank? Is this a bug?, or is this just something we have to deal with and work arround?

Thanks in advance for your help

have not experience of this so cant say what it might be. we ran through this yesterday, same as usual no problems Any chance of a log from Tank that gets hit for 27k?

if i understand correctly this is happening after defensive systems when tanks jump back on the bosses right?

EDIT: I dont know if this might be correct or not, but maybe DD is the answer. Logs should confirm this though

Edited by sankalp

have not experience of this so cant say what it might be. we ran through this yesterday, same as usual no problems Any chance of a log from Tank that gets hit for 27k?

if i understand correctly this is happening after defensive systems when tanks jump back on the bosses right?

EDIT: I dont know if this might be correct or not, but maybe DD is the answer. Logs should confirm this though

Yes this is happening just as the adds under the shield die and the ops group is repositioning back onto the tanks.

Just had a look through all our logs for tonight. Not one hit from zap above 2678 from the whole fight according to those logs. From what I remember in the fights our healers and the tank when this happened were all giving it "*** man tank from full hp to dead in 1 hit!?" Now as the RL I asked the tank to turn on the ingame kill report after the first time it happened. The subsequent times it happened the tank reported to me his kill report was saying "killed by zap 26780 damage". This is why we are a tad confused about what actualy happened. And now after looking through our logs I am even more confused lol.

Total of 10 attempts largest hit showing on the logs is an 18k electric discharge, this suggests the tank ate DD which in 1 fight I know he did. The rest of the fights from what I saw/was reported in fight the 2 dps on Stormcaller always took the DD.

heres a link to the nights log http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/cb51fef0-b9f5-4306-ae2c-2177b485d7f7/overview#d=0,b=1 . Tank on SC was Vigo

Edited by Utorian

Hey guys.

My guild tried the tanks in EC NiM for the first time tonight and we ran into a little issue. I have browsed through these forums, and many others, trying to find some guidance but as yet havent been able to spot the information we need.

The issue we are having is afer the defensive systems phase. We are handling the adds well and killing things in good time, yet when we jump back up onto the tanks our stormcaller tank is getting 1 shot by a 27k+ zap (ingame kill report is showing this for the tank). Out of 8 attempts tonight this has happened 6 times to our complete frustration. From reading through allot of forums zap seems to be stormcallers spam atack and I havent seen anything to suggest that it should be hitting so hard. My main question with regards to this attack would be is there something we are doing wrong to trigger it to 1 shot the tank? Is this a bug?, or is this just something we have to deal with and work arround?

Thanks in advance for your help

You do know one of the adds under the shield has a bomb, and when you kill it it blows up right?

You do know one of the adds under the shield has a bomb, and when you kill it it blows up right?

Yes. Add was always controled. either pushed out of shields away from everyone or left till last and killed once people were clear of it.

Yes this is happening just as the adds under the shield die and the ops group is repositioning back onto the tanks.

Just had a look through all our logs for tonight. Not one hit from zap above 2678 from the whole fight according to those logs. From what I remember in the fights our healers and the tank when this happened were all giving it "*** man tank from full hp to dead in 1 hit!?" Now as the RL I asked the tank to turn on the ingame kill report after the first time it happened. The subsequent times it happened the tank reported to me his kill report was saying "killed by zap 26780 damage". This is why we are a tad confused about what actualy happened. And now after looking through our logs I am even more confused lol.

Total of 10 attempts largest hit showing on the logs is an 18k electric discharge, this suggests the tank ate DD which in 1 fight I know he did. The rest of the fights from what I saw/was reported in fight the 2 dps on Stormcaller always took the DD.

heres a link to the nights log http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/cb51fef0-b9f5-4306-ae2c-2177b485d7f7/overview#d=0,b=1 . Tank on SC was Vigo

I think your tank must be really really really squishy.

That's definitely quite weird. I've never seen anything like that. To the best of my knowledge, SC does two main attacks: Zap and Electric Discharge. Electric Discharge hits moderately hard in NiM (around 6k), but there's nothing even remotely close to a 27k hit.

The best way to figure this out would be to look at a torparse log. Could you give us a link?