Kaggath Suggestions...

Beniboybling

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to see the Hutt Cartel make an appearance. Maybe the Hutt Cartel vs. the Chiss Ascendancy. Obviously exclude Thrawn, otherwise the Hutts would be completely owned.

Edit: And how about the Killiks (from the Swarm War, not the TOR ones)?

Edited by Aurbere

I would also like to see the Hutt Cartel make an appearance. Maybe the Hutt Cartel vs. the Chiss Ascendancy. Obviously exclude Thrawn, otherwise the Hutts would be completely owned.

Possibly, but again the comprehensiveness of their power bases is questionable...

Nah - we need to have a Chiss Ascendancy WITH Thrawn. We ought to pare 'em up with one of our best Kaggath peoples yet due to the fact that Thrawn is a wizard. Seriously, Thrawn is the most Kaggath-deserving guy out there.

Nah - we need to have a Chiss Ascendancy WITH Thrawn. We ought to pare 'em up with one of our best Kaggath peoples yet due to the fact that Thrawn is a wizard. Seriously, Thrawn is the most Kaggath-deserving guy out there.

But who could truly face Thrawn? Very few can outwit him.

Pairing him with the Ascendancy would be bad news for anyone. It would be best to use his personal Empire: Empire of the Hand of Thrawn.

But who could truly face Thrawn? Very few can outwit him.

Pairing him with the Ascendancy would be bad news for anyone. It would be best to use his personal Empire: Empire of the Hand of Thrawn.

Perhaps. But I'm sure theere is SOMEBODY out there who can give him a run for his money. Besides, it'd be a shame to neglect giving a Kaggath to Thrawn because he's awesome. That's flawed reasoning. He should get a Kaggath because he is awesome!

If there's no one who can match him then could we consider paring up two lesser forces against him? Thrawn will get a Kaggath one way or another.

Perhaps. But I'm sure theere is SOMEBODY out there who can give him a run for his money. Besides, it'd be a shame to neglect giving a Kaggath to Thrawn because he's awesome. That's flawed reasoning. He should get a Kaggath because he is awesome!

If there's no one who can match him then could we consider paring up two lesser forces against him? Thrawn will get a Kaggath one way or another.

I can't think of anyone who can really beat Thrawn. Someone out there could give him a challenge, but he could outwit anyone. He can make something out of nothing. You would have to pit him against a Galactic Government in order to have a good match-up, and we saw what happened when he went up against the New Republic. If it weren't for the Noghri, Thrawn would have swept the New Republic aside.

I can't think of anyone who can really beat Thrawn. Someone out there could give him a challenge, but he could outwit anyone. He can make something out of nothing. You would have to pit him against a Galactic Government in order to have a good match-up, and we saw what happened when he went up against the New Republic. If it weren't for the Noghri, Thrawn would have swept the New Republic aside.

If only we knew more about the Rakata. I think they'd be an interesting match for Thrawn. But, as Beni pointed out, we just don't know a ton about them.

If only we knew more about the Rakata. I think they'd be an interesting match for Thrawn. But, as Beni pointed out, we just don't know a ton about them.

Infinite Empire vs. Empire of the Hand? Not enough info is known what exactly the Rakata had so I can't comment or speculate.

Exactly.

grrrrrrr :mad:

The thing about Thrawn is that he doesn't have a "habit". He adapts and plans. If he encounters an enemy that seems invincible, he creates tactics to beat him. In the case of the Thrawn Campaign, he had laid out the path to victory, executing each step to perfection. The New Republic had no idea what he was planning next.

Don't know who could beat Thrawn. IIRC Admiral Bwatu of the Galactic Alliance beat the Thrawn Simulator consistently. But I don't think a simulator can match the real deal.

The thing about Thrawn is that he doesn't have a "habit". He adapts and plans. If he encounters an enemy that seems invincible, he creates tactics to beat him. In the case of the Thrawn Campaign, he had laid out the path to victory, executing each step to perfection. The New Republic had no idea what he was planning next.

Don't know who could beat Thrawn. IIRC Admiral Bwatu of the Galactic Alliance beat the Thrawn Simulator consistently. But I don't think a simulator can match the real deal.

I think beating the simulator makes him a good tactician either way. It may not be the real deal but it is close enough for him to be a good challenge imo.

I think beating the simulator makes him a good tactician either way. It may not be the real deal but it is close enough for him to be a good challenge imo.

Very true. Bwatu is an exceptional tactician and would be a good match for Thrawn. However, I don't think the simulator had every detail on Thrawn's thinking. If they worked with Palleon, then yes they would. But even Palleon didn't know all about Thrawn's thinking process.

Very true. Bwatu is an exceptional tactician and would be a good match for Thrawn. However, I don't think the simulator had every detail on Thrawn's thinking. If they worked with Palleon, then yes they would. But even Palleon didn't know all about Thrawn's thinking process.

You have a good point.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK I thought I'd give this thread a bump as I'm planning the Bonus Series in a bit more detail now. So I'd like to hear anymore suggestions if you've got them, just make sure they tick the following boxes:

• It must be a debate that everyone can get involved in, so nothing too obscure
  • The combatants must have a comprehensive and definitive power base - not concerning size but concerning information, are their enough facts to get a good idea of what their power base is comprised of?
  • Think small factions as opposed to big empires, and don't necessarily focus on specific individuals but the groups themselves, neither does the group require a specific leader.
  • If you do suggest an individual, ensure that they are in fact the leader of their organisation and not simply a member, this excludes the likes of Grand Moff Tarkin of the Galactic Empire etc - unless you can attach a definitive power base to them e.g. a personal fleet.

Confirmed combatants so far:

Nighsisters --- Ohnaka Gang --- Death Watch --- Kota's Militia --- One Sith --- OR Jedi Order

Edited by Beniboybling

I'm still advocating

Darth Nox vs Barsen'thor (with all their resources at the end of the game*)

*not exactly, Barsen'thor before the ending ceremony and Darth Nox after the ending ceremony so they have all their resources at their disposal.

Edit: Another interesting combatant would be ESB Admiral Piett (including General Veers' ground troops).

Edited by Maaruin

What about Empress Teta (including Odan-Urr or Ooroo as they were crucial in the defense of the Koros system)? Her forces fought well against Naga Sadow's vast illusions.

Only problem is that the size of the Tetan forces is unknown. Then again, we don't know the numbers of many of the previous combatants.

Sorry, this is kinda off-topic.

Does anyone else find it a tad strange that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place were all taken by galactic powers that existed within about 50 years of each other? The Old Republic was a dangerous time. 0_o

It is interesting, but look at the final two combatants. Seems the big winners are people who hide in the shadows. We shouldn't be surprised. Sidious did take over the galaxy through shadow play.

Pelleon could maybe take on Thrawn successfully, and that's because Pelleon was Thrawn's protege.

Garm Bel Iblis was the only guy that I recall that actually could go toe to toe against Thrawn, but then the Corellian was fairly unorthodox.