SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

A lot of those are not an actual content, but still I like the way they change some aspects, like legacy credits, unassembled components etc.

New flashpoint is nice, as I truly enjoy that part of the game, entire uprisings thing was a huge mistake....

Gsf finally gets some balance, refreshing is really needed. Obviously it is not a lot, but more than we got for a looong, long time....

Galactic Command rank changes are the most exciting for me, as I saw the potential in the idea, but the entire rng, grinding stuff was boring and plain out stupid. With legacy wide unassembled components that I can get from disintegrating stuff, maybe I will start to pay ANY attention to gaining command ranks....

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the update you will be able to access and login into all of your characters, even if the update puts you above your maximum character limit on that server. You won't be able to create a new one until you go under the cap, but we won't stop you from accessing anything you can play prior to it.

-eric

So, if I have a full set of 52 characters on three servers that are to be merged into one and I am a subscriber, I will retain the sum total of 156 characters on the new server, and will be able to still play all of them, but can't make any new characters unless I go below the actual server limit? And that new limit will be 50, not 52.

Am I also correct in assuming that once this is in place, I will not be able to transfer characters back and forth between servers if I have more than 50 characters on a new United Forces server?

After the update you will be able to access and login into all of your characters, even if the update puts you above your maximum character limit on that server. You won't be able to create a new one until you go under the cap, but we won't stop you from accessing anything you can play prior to it.

-eric

because this merge has the potential for all of these characters, well over the new cap, will there be changes made to the login screen to facilitate finding characters easier? maybe a favorites system or something.

This is NOT based on our Feedback.

In fact it is exactly the OPPOSITE of our feedback.

We asked for LESS RNG, not more.

Please stop lying to us.

All The Best

The less RNG will come from disintegration of items giving UCs instead of CXP.

No real story content is a no-go for me...i dont count 5-10 mins of actual storyline in a flashpoint "a story". No sings for a new expansion, no companions..(Raina Temple...are you f***n kidding me). All other things are irrelevant to me...new map for GSF and PVP will get boring quickly so thats not really a new content. I've been a non-stop sub for almost 3 years now...no incentive for me to keep it up.

Begeren Colony is merging with Harbinger?

. . . dang. Time to move all of my characters to Ebon Hawk or Shadowlands or something. I am *not* being merged with the most toxic server there is. I'm glad we have that option, however. :D

Thank you for the roadmap! I look forward to the coming changes.

Nope! Does it say 50 somewhere? That would be in error if that is the case. In fact we are looking at raising those caps post-update, just nothing concrete to announce just yet on that front.

-eric

"Currently, a Premium (Subscriber) account is allowed a maximum of 52 characters per server. Following the United Forces update, accounts with more than 52 characters on a server will be accommodated. You will still be able to access and play each of those characters. However, if you wish to make any new characters after that point, you will need to delete characters until you are back at or below the cap of 50."

-eric

So say my limit at the moment is 27, and I end up with over 52 characters on one server and I want to make a new one, I have to delete at least 26 toons?? This does not make me happy. Edited by serenitty

-eric

It is a nice way to say to people to me: "Yeah cool that you have so many characters on different servers and spend a lot of time in our game. But if we launch a new DvL event or anything else new like a new species... BAHAHAHA delete all those chars until you are down to 49 chars if you want them in the same legacy." What you do here is pretty unfair and no way to treat customers. You are breaking your own contract because with that change it is impossible for players (5 servers aka 50 chars) to reach the current character cap of 356 chars. I am very disappointed by BW. Additional you leave no room for those players who want smaller servers, not even one fall back server. *shackes head*

Addendum: Just for the LOLs of it I just rechecked the maximal amount of chars possible. I stand corrected... it is 390!!!

Edited by Pliskie

So basically...almost nothing for story or solo players. One story update in a month and a half and possibly another in early 2018.

Being forced onto a new server.

No real expansion.

No expanded companion stories or interactions.

Simply more ways to try to get people to group for raids.

Well, it's been fun, I guess. No reason to keep my subscription up for this.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

• Dev Post
So, if I have a full set of 52 characters on three servers that are to be merged into one and I am a subscriber, I will retain the sum total of 156 characters on the new server, and will be able to still play all of them, but can't make any new characters unless I go below the actual server limit? And that new limit will be 50, not 52.

Am I also correct in assuming that once this is in place, I will not be able to transfer characters back and forth between servers if I have more than 50 characters on a new United Forces server?

Partially correct. Yes you will go up to 156 characters on that server, the limit is staying at 52 (the 50 is a typo I am working on fixing now). In fact, that 52 number is likely to go up with the update, just locking down details on it.

I am not sure how the server character caps will affect transfers, let me look into that.

-eric

Got me to sub again. :thumbsup:

It's encouraging to see the investment into server hardware, and it looks like a lot of good ideas are being implemented for dealing with character names, guilds, etc. I was hoping to see cross faction for ranked, but the server mergers look good nonetheless. I like what I see. It's clear that you guys have been putting a ton of thought and effort into this. Props!

My only gripe is that I don't really care for the new Harbinger server name: The Hot Prosepct. The others have some SWTOR sounding names. Is that a joke about Harbinger running hot (heavy load) or something? :p The Star Forge name is so much better!!

I'm very happy that 3 people on the forums didn't derail merges, but this period is still content light. That's the fundamental problem, everyone is far behind in everything that everything needs to be done at once. I'll take what I can get at this point, but my morale is still low.

first impressions with incomplete skimming of only partial pages linked in roadmap.

Merges:

Absolutely zero confidence in the technical abilities required to fulfill, and all for something I couldn't care less about.

I'm not being group finder fodder.

Rewards:

... through Group Finder by the November 27th deadline!

three PvE Group Finder activities and get the new ‘United Forces Warzone Recon’ achievement when you complete three PvP matches through Group Finder!...

Shove Group Finder where no suns shine, at an odd angle and high velocity.

I am so overjoyed with the changes! There is nothing about the new road map I am disappointed with. I am so very happy that big investments have been made, that act alone sends a clear message to the community that you care about swtor's longevity and the enjoyment of its fan base. I honestly didn't think that changes of this magnitude and caliber would ever have been made. You have surpassed my predictions for this announcement.

Who wins in this scenario:

1) Two characters both named Bob;

2) The first Bob is on Bastion, the second Bob is on Harbinger

3) Both are level 70, well geared and often played

4) Both of Bob's owners like Bob's name which they've had for years.

When the Hot Prospect (where the heck did you come up with that name?) goes live, how do you decide who's character stays Bob and who is ticked off and ready to quit the game?

I love everything about what I read and makes me so happy. Both from a QoL standpoint for the individual but also for group play. We've been needing server restructuring for awhile now and it's nice to see it is finally going forward. The CXP, Unassembled Components, and Legacy changes will certainly make the game much more enjoyable going forward and make alting feel much better. I look forward to these changes as well as the new content/maps coming. I'm super excited! Edited by Hellhog

My only gripe is that I don't really care for the new Harbinger server name: The Hot Prosepct. The others have some SWTOR sounding names. Is that a joke about Harbinger running hot (heavy load) or something? :p The Star Forge name is so much better!!

I was happy when I saw that name. :D The Hot Prospect is the name of Zayne Carrick's ship in the latter arc of the KOTOR comics. Slightly obscure, but a lore nerd like me rejoiced. XD

Edited by Jagaimee

• Dev Post
So say my limit at the moment is 27, and I end up with 40 characters on one server and I want to make a new one, I have to delete 14 toons?? This does not make me happy.

Totally hear you on this, and it is a fair concern. We are looking at two numbers to potentially increase. First, maximum chars allowed per server (currently 52) and the amount of "default" char slots a sub has (currently 12). Hoping to have some locked down details to share in the next couple of weeks, with the ultimate goal of largely alleviating the issue you presented above.

-eric

Who wins in this scenario:

1) Two characters both named Bob;

2) The first Bob is on Bastion, the second Bob is on Harbinger

3) Both are level 70, well geared and often played

4) Both of Bob's owners like Bob's name which they've had for years.

When the Hot Prospect (where the heck did you come up with that name?) goes live, how do you decide who's character stays Bob and who is ticked off and ready to quit the game?

My guess is Bob created in 2015 gets priority over Bob created in 2016.

Edited by Eli_Porter