Anyone else got pre-patch activation lag??

TrixxieTriss

Seems to happen a few days to a week before every patch and in this case, expansion. I’m not the first person to notice or comment on this over the years.

Activation lag starts to creep in or things just don’t go off or move when you drag and drop or right click. I know it’s 100% not my end. I’ve done all the usual tests and even the server ping stays within the 5ms range of movement. If it was a graph it would be a straight line.

I’ve a theory. I think before every patch, Bioware are doing some prepatch work that they are able to do while the servers are live. And while this may not affect anyone with less ping than 50ms, it’s certainly detectable when you e higher ping.

If that’s the case, I wish they’d stop. I’d rather the patch take an extra hour to do, than spend a few days or even a week with this stupid type of lag. It makes playing unenjoyable.

What’s sad is the PTS was so smooth. Even smoother than the live game a few weeks ago. I really hope that’s an indication that 6.0 has had some changes to the engine to make it smoother and it wasn’t just because it was on the pts.

So, is anyone else experiencing this or is it just my family?

What’s sad is the PTS was so smooth. Even smoother than the live game a few weeks ago. I really hope that’s an indication that 6.0 has had some changes to the engine to make it smoother and it wasn’t just because it was on the pts.

So, is anyone else experiencing this or is it just my family?

It would be nice to think the PTS smoothness was from changes, the cynic in me says it was because of the smaller population. (I'd love to be wrong)

I wasn't experiencing lag as you described (but I'm fairly close to the USA), but I'd hate to believe it was just your family.

ok, I’ve another example of why I think they do stuff before a major patch.

Now I could be wrong here, but I’m 80% sure I’m not.

Since last night, some of the trash mobs have become harder to kill and some also have improved mechanics. Aka, actually healing themselves and the mobs around them (properly) as well as some mobs pulling you (which they weren’t before).

This was only tested in CZ-198, and these flash points : Mandalorian Raiders, Hammer Station and Korriban incursion (vet mode). Lanas voice over was also happening in a different location than normal (could be a bug though)

To me is seemed like they were doing a bit of “live” balancing of the trash mobs. Maybe to see if people noticed or just to get a bigger data set before launch.

We do know they can make changes while the game is live. I obviously don’t know wether or not these sorts of tweaks and changes can now be made while the game is live.

Has anyone else noticed and subtle changes since yesterday?

Edit: we did 5 each of those last night on different classes and 6 each today. If we hadn’t been doing the same ones last night, I would probably write it off as bad memory (getting old does that).

I am not sure about it. I am almost at other side of the globe compared to most of you guys. But i have a stable connection (now at least)... there are spikes but nothing unusual so far.

It’s not typical lag per say. I don’t mean actual recorded spikes. Just a lag affect when you try to activate something and there is a noticeable delay till it goes off or when you right click a mod to remove it from some Armor and it doesn’t always happen.

When this was going on, I was running ping plotter in the back ground to check and the ping meter in the game was hardly moving (even when these “affects” were being felt).

I only noticed it on PvP, but it is a common occurance in PvP, so i don't know if it was anything new.

Also, yes i am excited for it, and i am glad to see you changed your tune and are excited as well.

Also, the new gearing system was very worrying but seems to have landed in a good place (to be confirmed tm). The only issue i have are the amps. It's way too RNG. They should at least increase the number of slot rerolls we get to 4.

I do hope you are right and it will bring optimization improvements. That would be great.

Edited by Nemmar

It’s not typical lag per say. I don’t mean actual recorded spikes. Just a lag affect when you try to activate something and there is a noticeable delay till it goes off or when you right click a mod to remove it from some Armor and it doesn’t always happen.

When this was going on, I was running ping plotter in the back ground to check and the ping meter in the game was hardly moving (even when these “affects” were being felt).

Now that you mention it, I do have this activation lag. However its not consistent. Some times delay happens some times not. Its very noticeable for me in Queshball map and some times in outfit designers too.

Played 14 hours grinding Korriban Incursion (vet) yesterday to grind out some last minute gear and comms with my wife.

It’s surprising that through the day how the difficulty changed and some mobs got new mechanics for a few hours and then they would revert back to normal a few hours later. Or that a boss melted really fast and then took forever to kill a few hours later.

At one point yesterday it felt like they turned the difficulty right up and messed with the comp healing rotation because we nearly died multiple times when our two lvl 50 comps couldn’t keep up (z00m and Shae).

I know I could be imagining it, but it really does seem like they have been trying to balance while the game is live.

The silver lining is if they can do that, there is no reason they can’t continue to do it if balance problems are discovered after launch.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Played 14 hours grinding Korriban Incursion (vet) yesterday to grind out some last minute gear and comms with my wife.

It’s surprising that through the day how the difficulty changed and some mobs got new mechanics for a few hours and then they would revert back to normal a few hours later. Or that a boss melted really fast and then took forever to kill a few hours later.

At one point yesterday it felt like they turned the difficulty right up and messed with the comp healing rotation because we nearly died multiple times when our two lvl 50 comps couldn’t keep up (z00m and Shae).

I know I could be imagining it, but it really does seem like they have been trying to balance while the game is live.

The silver lining is if they can do that, there is no reason they can’t continue to do it if balance problems are discovered after launch.

This wouldn't surprise me at all with only two days before launch. I know if I were the employer or employee, I would make sure everything is as smooth as possible before then, even if that means working overtime or double time.

Regarding the question, no lag on this end, but I do live in the United States with roughly fifteen hundred miles between myself and Texas.