Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

EricMusco

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is my option to cancel my pre order of the expac? .

You don't get one:

*OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES.

http://www.swtor.com/buy

Thanks for your contribution to the future of the game. Enjoy your next game.

* However, file a ticket, maybe they'll give you your money back anyway. Report back.

Edited by Master-Nala

And later in the spring, our Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel! The team has been working for a long time on this, and is very excited to get it out to you. We have greatly expanded on the original concept with several new systems, 5 new levels, a big new planet, new storylines, new skills and abilities and more beyond that.

Some folks are under the impression the expansion is much smaller than what he briefly describes here

I'm not concerned with companion romance in the first place SG or OG. However, why would it take new resources or voice acting? Just let the same conversations and courting options take place for male and female characters. The 'romance' option is only a few affectionate exchanges and some kissing with a fade to black anyway.

And later in the spring, our Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel! The team has been working for a long time on this, and is very excited to get it out to you. We have greatly expanded on the original concept with several new systems, 5 new levels, a big new planet, new storylines, new skills and abilities and more beyond that.

Some folks are under the impression the expansion is much smaller than what he briefly describes here

Yeh. Two storylines. One for Empire and the second for Republic ;)

Good stuff, hope some bug fixes come with 1.7 too.

By the way, open world PvP wouldn't make any sense at all on this game. All WoW children should just drop the idea of "invading the Senate Tower", since both factions don't own the same planets and it took an entire fleet to distract Dromund Kaas' defenses so my Jedi Knight could land there. So yeah, please stick with PvP open areas and warzones and quit whinning already.

This ↑

This all looked great. I'm hoping that with the new Warzones we will see different game modes. Other then objective based nodes. Eg: CTF, 3v3, ect. Other then that, this was a great promise to many veteran players. I do hope that Open World PvP will make the cut. This will being a huge incentive to many active PvPers.

It's a little late for SGR. I am not going to start ANOTHER toon all over again, when I have two 50's and working on 4 more, just to SGR. The game needs more content for the companions you already have an furthering THOSE relationships. I married, nothing happens. So, what's the freakin' point?

All these people excited for SGR do realise the new SGR romance options with NPC's are most likely going to be meaningless [flirt] options..?

I'd much rather them fix all these standing frozens dead bodies than worry whether I can have meaningless flirting sessions with the local quest giver.

Also it's nice to see Jeff touch up on the various concerns of people feeling 'nickel and dimed' by Makeb.

Ok, really? Open world PvP is not a priority nor happening this year?

What?? I have no idea how to respond to this besides, terrible mistake. The PvP playerbase is already dwindling, fix PvP.

That's because 14000HP people playing against 24000Hp people in full EWH gear is not something alot of people want to do. Unless you are sadomasochistic. Most of my Guild being among the people not interested in that. We are all fed up with 50+ PVP. It's not enjoyable AT ALL. Period. The PVP is broken and utterly unfair. I gave up on 50+ PVP.

pre 50 PVP is a blast however.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Meh, the PvP folks (I'm one of them) have gotten

1. RWZ preseason
  2. Novare Coast
  3. Hypergates

While the SGRA folks were promised SGRA and haven't gotten squat. Myself, I'm not interested in SGRA but there are folks who are. EA/BW's decision to implement some content for the SGRA folks is based on a business case (as are all new features and content). I'm fine with that. Not every change has to be for my personal benefit.

As for PvP, I dearly hope that the new stuff planned is not YAW™ (Yet Another Warzone). We need new features (8-man challenge matches) and old bugs fixed (e.g. reconnect disconnected players in RWZ) far more than we need YAW™.

Improved match scheduling so we get more competitive matches and fewer one sided matches is less visible than a new WZ or Season 1 but would greatly improve the WZ experience of n00bs. More n00bs enjoying WZ means a more robust WZ community in the long run.

SPECULATION: Given that character copy has been mentioned, I'm guessing that BW will finally implement a cross server PvP Season 1 playoff by copying finalist teams from each server to a playoff server. Let us hope they do something to move rated WZ forward!

I can't argue your claim that you're a PvPer, but I have my doubts....

More WZ's are always welcome, but that's because right now, WZ's are the ONLY PvP option. The removal of Ilums missions cut in half our "PvP content", leaving us with LESS to do a year after launch than we had at launch.

More formats would be great, but not enough.

As for ranked...lol! Yeah, even if they go cross server, who cares?! How does that add ANYTHING to PvP content?! It doesn't...it's just a new name for what we now have and a slightly broader pool for a few players...big deal.

Any idea what is meant by "new systems"? Is that gear progression, legacy, or space missions?

While it's nice to see that you guys are doing stuff....how about getting a cattle prod to your community management team on letting us know within reasonable time (5 days is not reasonable time) as to when the next Cantina tour will be?

~Incendi

Honestly I just keep hearing the same buzz words.

Here's BW dev team: Soon, stay tuned, keep an eye out, working on....

Here's SE dev team: http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/ffxi/US/2012roadmap.jpg

See the difference?

This would be great but I really doubt it will happen. It takes a lot of discipline and foresight to be able to commit to absolute specifics on a timetable that is more or less set in stone. Project management is challenging enough even without a single unforeseen budget cut down the road invalidating the entire roadmap. I don't recall Blizzard ever posting stuff like this and since BW methodology and attitudes running an MMO follows Blizzard in many ways I would not expect it here.

Edited by Projawa

Thank you for the State of the Game update, Mr. Hickman. You have reaffirmed my decision to cancel my sub. I wish no ill-will on SWTOR and hope that you continue to make your remaining fans happy for years to come. So long and thanks for all the fish.

where is dual spec?

where is paid character transfers?

where is ranked warzones?

where is more class stories?

cathar race when?

where is new companions?

where is upgradeing alpha version of hero engine to the beta version, let alone the regular hero engine, and hero 2!

Edited by Critasstormer

Honestly I just keep hearing the same buzz words.

Here's BW dev team: Soon, stay tuned, keep an eye out, working on....

Here's SE dev team: http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/ffxi/US/2012roadmap.jpg

See the difference?

You are absolutely correct! So many people too blindly loyal to read the writing on the wall. Compared to what SE is doing with the new release of FFXIV: ARR, BW is failing on so many levels.

BW keeps saying the exact same thing over and over and over, promising the exact same thing over and over. Sure, the new 50+ content may be their "Top Priority" but so was SGR from before launch, so was the 'super secret' space combat feature, so was a vanity tab, so was chat bubbles, so was fixing bugs.

Me and my wife sat down last night and did some research into the development of SWTOR, due to the fact that the game wasn't playing on my new gpu. We found so many fatal flaws on the developmental foundation level. Entire series of bad decisions, followed by the obvious abandonment of any real care for the game. This games does not have the "very bright future" that Jeff Hickman wants you to believe.

This whole blog reeks of nothing more than political PR ********.