Augments?

Hassat-Hunter

So got a treasure hunt mission. Gained a lockbox, opened, fortitude mod 18.

But... what the hell can I upgrade with it? Says weapons and armor, but none except it. Would this be only for non-Jedi (I'm a Jedi Shadow) and thus sell it off on the GTN?

Or is it for more advanced armor I'll be getting later?

(Wikis are no help. One had it listed under lightsaber, but it definitely doesn't take it :/)

Edited by Hassat-Hunter

Hi there,

Firstly what is the level restriction on the mod?

Also augments can only be installed on gear that has an augmentation slot. Some gear is crafted or bought that way, already with an extra slot, Some gear you can simply add a slot to by buying the correct level or slot and adding the slot to the gear at a equipment modification table.

Once a piece of gear is augmented. You can add and remove the mod like any other.

Need further help let me know.

Who would have though... I always ignored those augment benches since I figured they were useless, since you can modify your gear "on the fly"... never saw that 'augment' button.

Question, if you add a MK-1 augmentation, is that permanent? Or can you upgrade it to 2, 3 etc?

It's permanent until you upgrade it.

Personally, I never bother with anything less than an MK-6.

I have both Armormech and Synthweaving on seperat toons, so I can craft them far cheaper than buying one, so if I like a piece of gear well enough to keep, I tend to augment it. Thus, all modable legacy gear I have is augmented, and all end-game armor gets an augment eventually. Cartel gear too, the few pieces I have.

But for leveling, no. Not unless I intend to wear it post-50.

The advantage of this is that it's a royal pain to figure out what level slot you need because the error message you get if it's not high enough doesn't tell you. MK-6 takes any level. :cool:

Are you talking about augments only or mods in general?

Augments either come in items that were crit while being made or by adding an augment slot with a MK (either made or bought on the GTN). They only use augments which offer lesser boost then armorings/mods/enhancements etc...

Mods in general can only be used on "shells" or orange items. Green and blue items cannot be modded, they are what they are, but orange and (most) purple items have mods in them that can be swapped out. This allows for them to be constantly upgraded with new mods (which are usually better then the regular drops that you get along the way) or to keep a certain look. Modded items are pretty much always better then green/blue

Augments either come in items that were crit while being made or by adding an augment slot with a MK (either made or bought on the GTN). They only use augments which offer lesser boost then armorings/mods/enhancements etc...

Mods in general can only be used on "shells" or orange items. Green and blue items cannot be modded, they are what they are, but orange and (most) purple items have mods in them that can be swapped out. This allows for them to be constantly upgraded with new mods (which are usually better then the regular drops that you get along the way) or to keep a certain look. Modded items are pretty much always better then green/blue

I'm sorry, I read this several times and it didn't become clearer. You refer to augments and augment KITS like they were one and the same. I'm sorry for being picky, but this is NEW player help, and this could cause more confusion, not less.

Augments do NOT come from crit crafting gear. Gear that "crits" when crafted will have an augment slot equal to the level of the gear.

Augments are the mod that go IN the augment slot. They are crafted separately.

It's permanent until you upgrade it.

Thanks. Lvl 44 now (yup, only got my first augment upgrade now), rather like my current robes look so I'll probably try and find a MK-6 upgrade on the GTN and install that mod.

The advantage of this is that it's a royal pain to figure out what level slot you need because the error message you get if it's not high enough doesn't tell you. MK-6 takes any level. :cool:

Can't speak for the error since I haven't tried inserting it yet, but the upgrade itself clearly states it needs a mark V slot or better.

Augments. Figured out mods already on my second or third orange (selling the first due to "being useless", aaah, beginner mistakes, eh?). And because I could just upgrade them with control and right click never bothered with those augment tables again, figuring they were leftovers from an old version where you couldn't upgrade on the spot, and wondered why they were still in. Never would have figured on my own to use them. And the wiki's wheren't any help :/

Augments. Figured out mods already on my second or third orange (selling the first due to "being useless", aaah, beginner mistakes, eh?). And because I could just upgrade them with control and right click never bothered with those augment tables again, figuring they were leftovers from an old version where you couldn't upgrade on the spot, and wondered why they were still in. Never would have figured on my own to use them. And the wiki's wheren't any help :/

There, you were 100% correct up until 1.3, if I remember correctly.

When it was first released I actually went all the way back to Corruscant to instal my first kits. It had been so long since I used one I didn't know where any were! I think the "on the fly" update must have been very early.

I just wish I had gotten some warning from people playing on the test server.

I spent a small fortune right before that on durasteel and zal alloy trying to crit craft battlemaster gear for guild members.

I had no resources available when the update came out and missed out when the market exploded.

That was a face-palm moment. What really chafed my back-side was when people I had worked so hard to gear up quit the game entirely within a month or so to play other games. :mad:

Edited by JacksonMo