Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

Honestly...this is getting pretty old BW...

You guys don't even have valid/good excuses.. the models for hoods down is there, you guys clearly use it for marketing. I can type "hood" into the search bar and 276 results come up. Most of which are about hood toggle.

Please don't tell us it's not an issue.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not hoodless unfortuantely.

The lowest level legacy armor is the only jedi heavy armor in the entire game without a hood, requires legacy 10, and costs 100k from the vendor on Coruscant.

As it is the single non-hooded option, I did wear it until I was about lvl 25.....at that point, the charicature-size, anime-style, overdone shoulder pads with the coloring of post-BM toilet-water became too much to keep staring at.

I really wish someone at Bioware could answer our question:

What was the reasoning behind removing all hood-down armor appearances from the Jedi Knight?

They may have a really good reason for keeping us all looking exactly the same with our hoods up, and still showing all marketing with hoods down with the caption "create a unique look". It's honestly really fustrating to keep seeing that on the front page, and may be easier if there was some sort of official comment.

I can't be unique if no one can see my face. I have a Chiss Jedi, and I'm the only one who knows he's a Chiss......

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

Saw a guy on Republic Fleet today (Corellian Run) with a Battlelord set that had a clipped hood. He was wearing a headband, not a visor, so apparently there are some headbands that clip the hood. I asked him which one it was, and he says he got it from the Heroic in the Red Light Sector on Nar Shaddaa. I know it's not what we're asking for, but it's something.

Yes, I just found one the other day, just after I hit level 50: Ancient Ardent Blade's Headgear (Thumbnail on Torhead is wrong). I'm sure there are others of this type that will do it. I found it pretty cheap and then bought some really good mods.

See screenshot here

But, I really wish I could have just toggled it off instead of having to use this workaround.

We should really just tweet the Dev team on twitter asking them to address this or at least give us an acknowledgement they are actually working on it. because they probably never read these threads at all.

There have been several yellow posts on the subject saying it is on their list and is very much a desired feature. But no ETA that I have seen so far.

Why am I picturing some guy leaning backwards on an office chair (in an otherwise completely emtpy and dark office) with his computerscreen showing this entire discussion, as he sips his coffee with his left hand, plays with a yoyo with the right and quietly grunts to himself... "meh", as the entire feedback department at Bioware?

:cool:

BF is, as their name suggests, failing in the art department bigtime.

Not only is the hood up/down toggle not yet ingame while it should be and seeing BF comercial vids its possible, but also the type 2 body creates the big butt bug for m/f rep/sith.

these 2 issues really need to be resolved, but the BF devs dont give a damn about anything other than having a big fat paycheck.

Ya know they DID say that the hood up/down toggle was supposed to be in the next major update after 1.2. I find this a little annoying because I actually just finished augmenting my jedi battle lord armor and it's still annoying to wear because of the FREAKIN' HOOD! haha.... C'mon Bioware! Please please please add the hood up/down toggle! :D

Why am I picturing some guy leaning backwards on an office chair (in an otherwise completely emtpy and dark office) with his computerscreen showing this entire discussion, as he sips his coffee with his left hand, plays with a yoyo with the right and quietly grunts to himself... "meh", as the entire feedback department at Bioware?

:cool:

Maybe its Darth Vader

While I still think it's a good idea to keep this thread at the top of the room, I don't think it is going to get BioWare's attention, it's a big forum and this is tucked away in the corner. And it's already one of the biggest threads in the JK section anyway.

Right now I think the best thing we can do is to continually contact as many staff members as possible via Twitter and PM and refer them to this thread. Find whoever you can who works at BioWare Austin, the more senior the better, and also make sure to contact the community managers. Even get in touch with the Doctors - Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk. If enough people make enough noise, eventually they will realise that this is an important issue to us and fix it, or at the very least acknowledge and respond to us.

Another thing we can do is start as many threads about it as possible in General Discussion, and any other areas that the staff frequent the most. They'll probably just get closed or moved, but at least somebody will be looking at them.

While I still think it's a good idea to keep this thread at the top of the room, I don't think it is going to get BioWare's attention, it's a big forum and this is tucked away in the corner. And it's already one of the biggest threads in the JK section anyway.

Right now I think the best thing we can do is to continually contact as many staff members as possible via Twitter and PM and refer them to this thread. Find whoever you can who works at BioWare Austin, the more senior the better, and also make sure to contact the community managers. Even get in touch with the Doctors - Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk. If enough people make enough noise, eventually they will realise that this is an important issue to us and fix it, or at the very least acknowledge and respond to us.

Another thing we can do is start as many threads about it as possible in General Discussion, and any other areas that the staff frequent the most. They'll probably just get closed or moved, but at least somebody will be looking at them.

I don't think this is a matter of bioware not knowing about the issue.

Someone over there consciously made the decision that there would be no hood down options for Knights, and that person's boss agreed, and then his boss agreed. (we know this because 100% of the hood down jedi knight armors that were in the beta were removed for launch)

Just as all of the clown-costume 1.2 armor designs made their way across multiple desks, and multiple people signed off on the satelite-dish helmets, and just as many people approved the overblown-charicature-anime shoulder pads.

Don't fool yourself. This was all done on purpose. I can't imagine a purpose for witholding the comely armors from paying customers and giving them to the NPCs (who i don't think are giving them money)......but it was a conscious decision they made.

It's amazing to me that no one who approved those designs (or the artists themselves) asked themselves, "would I want to look like this?"

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

My solution has been to put my Guardian in re-modded trooper armor.

Aside from the hood issue, my real problem with most Knight gear is that the Heavy Armor chest pieces tend to look painted on, not bulky and plated like the Trooper gear.

I don't think this is a matter of bioware not knowing about the issue.

Someone over there consciously made the decision that there would be no hood down options for Knights, and that person's boss agreed, and then his boss agreed. (we know this because 100% of the hood down jedi knight armors that were in the beta were removed for launch)

Just as all of the clown-costume 1.2 armor designs made their way across multiple desks, and multiple people signed off on the satelite-dish helmets, and just as many people approved the overblown-charicature-anime shoulder pads.

Don't fool yourself. This was all done on purpose. I can't imagine a purpose for witholding the comely armors from paying customers and giving them to the NPCs (who i don't think are giving them money)......but it was a conscious decision they made.

It's amazing to me that no one who approved those designs (or the artists themselves) asked themselves, "would I want to look like this?"

Oh sure, I agree. I wasn't saying that BioWare don't know about this, I was saying that the only way we can convince them to make changing it a priority is to get up in their faces about it. If enough people bombard their Twitter accounts and PM inboxes, and any other ways that we can contact them directly, they will realise that this is something that the community cares about. Simply ************ about it in this one thread doesn't seem to be getting anybody's attention.

I would really really like to see a hood toggle feature even though it's not as straightforward a feature as it seems. For example, how do they reconcile the toggle helmet option with toggle hood on/off? The combinations would be:

1. Show helmet, hood up

2. Show helmet, hood down

3. No helmet, hood up

4. No helmet, hood down

Let's look at option 1. For some gear combos it's not a problem. I'm thinking of the Columi operative helmet which the hood fits over. But what about inquisitors with the pointy K.K.K. helms? Yes, most people choose to hide that helmet but the art still needs to be reconciled in case someone wants both up simultaneously. And I don't know how they'd even reconcile that unless the hat pokes a hole through the hood or something. Then they need to factor in alien head types (twilek, togruta, etc).

That said, please hurry up with this feature BW!

Edited by Projawa