EV and KP Nightmare Removal in Fallen Empire

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Around launch when we implemented the Nightmare versions of Eternity Vault and Karagga’s Palace, they were not quite the same as the Nightmare modes you are used to now. Basically, those old Nightmare ops were simply the same Operations with more health, that did more damage.

With the changes we are making in Fallen Empire, all Operations will now be at max level, this means the differences between Hard and Nightmare EV and KP, just don’t stack up against the difficulty differences found in other Operations. Because of this, we are going to be removing Nightmare Mode Eternity Vault and Karagga’s Palace from the game with the launch of Fallen Empire. This will raise a couple of questions about things like Titles and Achievements so here are a few details of the change:

• Any unique drops that were found in these Nightmare Modes will now drop in Hard Mode.
  • The timed run Titles for Nightmare Mode can no longer be earned in Fallen Empire.
  • Any Achievements which you have earned for these Nightmare Modes will be moved to a new Archived section under Operations, and can no longer be earned.

If you would like to get the timed run titles or NM achievements, now is your chance! Get in there before Fallen Empire launches. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the loot from NiM is being moved to HM then shrug about the timed run.

well since it is quite easy to 6 man the 16man Nim and STILL beat the timer its not overly hard. If not for the puzzle probably could be done with 4.

I do remember when Ev used to be hard was a fun time.

well since it is quite easy to 6 man the 16man Nim and STILL beat the timer its not overly hard. If not for the puzzle probably could be done with 4.

I do remember when Ev used to be hard was a fun time.

I already have both timed runs so it doesn't matter much to me, but the loot drops that people might want more still being available is a decent trade off that also appeases the exclusive hard on crowds or w/e. I'm curious to see what they do to EC tho...

I already have both timed runs so it doesn't matter much to me, but the loot drops that people might want more still being available is a decent trade off that also appeases the exclusive hard on crowds or w/e. I'm curious to see what they do to EC tho...

Whatever they do they need Classic interrupts for Droids in Kephess NiM.

• Any unique drops that were found in these Nightmare Modes will now drop in Hard Mode.
  • The timed run Titles for Nightmare Mode can no longer be earned in Fallen Empire.

Is there a chance you could move the titles to HM too? Neither operation has a HM title reward, and it seems like such a waste to just throw the titles away and make them unavailable for future characters.

What about drop rates? Most of the drops are already shared between HM and Nim for these 2 ops (Statue of Karagga is the only exception I think) but Nim has better drop rates (like the guaranteed Desler in Nim vs chance in HM). Will the vanity items be harder to obtain?

Hey folks,

Around launch when we implemented the Nightmare versions of Eternity Vault and Karagga’s Palace, they were not quite the same as the Nightmare modes you are used to now. Basically, those old Nightmare ops were simply the same Operations with more health, that did more damage.

With the changes we are making in Fallen Empire, all Operations will now be at max level, this means the differences between Hard and Nightmare EV and KP, just don’t stack up against the difficulty differences found in other Operations. Because of this, we are going to be removing Nightmare Mode Eternity Vault and Karagga’s Palace from the game with the launch of Fallen Empire. This will raise a couple of questions about things like Titles and Achievements so here are a few details of the change:

• Any Achievements which you have earned for these Nightmare Modes will be moved for a new Archived section under Operations, and can no longer be earned.

If you would like to get the timed run titles or NM achievements, now is your chance! Get in there before Fallen Empire launches. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Can I get some clarification for my raid team: Will it be just the timed run titles for these specific two Nightmare Modes or all timed run Nightmare Mode operation titles? Also, will the drop rate of Karraga's helmet in KP will increased in Hard Mode when KotFE launches?

Edited by JunnKhan

This is a REALLY bad idea, which almost nobody is going to react positively to-all you're doing is removing content for no reason-some of us were looking forward to doing the first ops on NiM.

And as for removing the titles...Why? At least put them on Hard Mode, so that any new characters we make can get them.

And as for removing the titles...Why? At least put them on Hard Mode, so that any new characters we make can get them.

They did it in the past. There are a couple of titles and achievements you cannot get because its requirements are no longer available. "Do not seek reason."

Edited by PavSalco

I haven't run those in a long time, but was hoping that BW bringing old ops to current level and beyond was a good thing in the long run for PvErs. Somehow it was wishful thinking that we were going to be challenged somehow once more by SOA !

At this point, it's sad to see where SWTOR Is going and hopefully we have "better" news regarding end-game content (pve or pvp) soon enough.

If your analytics makes you believe that story will be enough to keep an healthy end-game customer base, you are looking at the wrong side of a lightsaber hilt about to be lighten up ! Your end-game subscriber numbers are going to only get lower and I think that is your goal. Your strategy of turning this multiplayer game into a single player game is pathetic and deceitful to your 3 year old loyal subscribers.

Unfortunately, some of us are still sadden by all this as we still care about this game... but every week my expectations are getting lower and lower and It'll be difficult to justify my subscription past those first 9 chapters... as there will be nothing for me to do but the same old thing I've been doing in the past few years.