Desktop Hardware Q&A

Veilshatter

Yes, running great! Everything at high and looks silky smooth so far! Also, loaded the Witcher 2 (virtually unplayable for me before at any setting) and it is running great as well! Now, I just have to figure out that damn network adaptor so I don't have a 50 ft ethernet cable running across the room!

Check your MB you might of lost the proper slot by moving the network card ie. from a PCIe to a pci slot.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a known issue? I just bought the game a few days ago, I load the launcher and hit play. but a few minutes later, the resolution warning setting come up saying should put on 1280/800 and the game does not load. my computer resolution is set to 1280/800

Computer resolution doesn't equal the game resolution my friend.

I think there is a setting before you launch the game to change some of the video settings, like a gear on the lower left side.

Machine name: OWNER-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.110617-0336)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: Aspire M5100

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 4094MB RAM

Page File: 4207MB used, 4199MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6738)

Help game barely runs.

I'm looking into upgrading my system, but I would like some feedback from some more knowledgeable people before I jump into the deep end and spend money on something that wont work.

Goals:

- Run 2 23" monitors @ 1080p

- Run SWTOR at high to max settings

- Be able to multitask while SWTOR is running without my computer exploding.

Specs:

- CPU: i7-2600 3.4GHz

- RAM: 8 GB

- GPU: GeForce GT 420

- PSU: 400W

SO here is my questions:

I would like to know what the biggest upgrade for my system would be. I feel like it would be the Graphics Card, but I'm not claiming to be an expert here ;). Also, if you could recommend a graphics card that would allow me to achieve my "goals" that would be wonderful!

One last question: I've read so many different opinions about PSU wattage, and I can't seem to get any consistency. I've had some people tell me for gaming PC's any less that 1000W is too little, and some tell me I could live with 450W. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated as well :)!

Edited by Pragious

Got an HP DV6T Quad edition with:

-750GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

-2nd generation Intel® Quad Core i7-2820QM (2.3 GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz processor.

-2GB AMD Radeon HD 7690M GDDR5 Discrete Graphics

-8 GB Ram

Finally got SWTOR running after all these problems http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=182875

But this brand new high end machine still lags extremely in PVP on lowest settings.

Woo

**After following the advice on some of the posts offered to me by a SWTOR rep (in the post I linked above), I have been able to successfully play a PVP match with no lag. Good Day

Edited by Coryx

Got an HP DV6T Quad edition with:

-750GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

-2nd generation Intel® Quad Core i7-2820QM (2.3 GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz processor.

-2GB AMD Radeon HD 7690M GDDR5 Discrete Graphics

-8 GB Ram

Finally got SWTOR running after all these problems http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=182875

But this brand new high end machine still lags extremely in PVP on lowest settings.

Woo

**After following the advice on some of the posts offered to me by a SWTOR rep (in the post I linked above), I have been able to successfully play a PVP match with no lag. Good Day

Its Pvp bro its not your computer they are aware there is an issue and they are still working on it

Trying to figure out whether or not the ATI Radeon HD3200 in my Toshiba Satellite T135 can handle the game. Any clues? It seems to be an integrated 256 MB graphics chipset so just wondering whether it will work on lowest settings?

Need more specs than that brah. Video does make a drastic difference but your cpu and ram play a part too.

I'm looking into upgrading my system, but I would like some feedback from some more knowledgeable people before I jump into the deep end and spend money on something that wont work.

Goals:

- Run 2 23" monitors @ 1080p

- Run SWTOR at high to max settings

- Be able to multitask while SWTOR is running without my computer exploding.

Specs:

- CPU: i7-2600 3.4GHz

- RAM: 8 GB

- GPU: GeForce GT 420

- PSU: 400W

SO here is my questions:

I would like to know what the biggest upgrade for my system would be. I feel like it would be the Graphics Card, but I'm not claiming to be an expert here ;). Also, if you could recommend a graphics card that would allow me to achieve my "goals" that would be wonderful!

One last question: I've read so many different opinions about PSU wattage, and I can't seem to get any consistency. I've had some people tell me for gaming PC's any less that 1000W is too little, and some tell me I could live with 450W. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated as well :)!

450 watt Definately not.!!. i have a 700 watt power supply and my system specs are in my sig. You DO NOT need a 1000 watt power supply for a good system.

Yes, your vid card BY FAR will be the best upgrade. My recomendation for what you want is a GTX 580, that is what will fulfill your wants i run dual monitors too 1-24" HD 1080p and one crap 17" garbage

I am consitently getting low FPS with my system and am hesitant to get a new video card after hearing about people with even better systems having the same problems. Aboard the Imperial Fleet, it drops down to 10-15fps (it is a heavy populated server). My FPS is around 20 on the battle for alderan pvp map.. which is very bad for pvp. When moving around in the world it seems ok at around 45-60fps but will spike down to like 30fps.

So, this is my system

Windows 7 64 bit

AMD Athlon II x4 640 Processor, 3ghz

XfX Ati Raedon HD 5760 1gb

8GB DDR MeM

MSI MS-7623

500 watt PSU

I am playing the game at 1920x1080 resolution

All drivers are up to date and I keep windows updated. I have every graphic dialed down in the game and on my OS. Any suggestions? Do I just need a better video card?

I want my friend to join me in this great game, but Im unsure about his Specs, this is what I got from him:

- Intel® Core i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~ 2.5GHz

- 4 Gigs of RAM

- Intel r HD graphics.

- Windows 7 64 - Bit

Edited by Deaf_Turtle

I want my friend to join me in this great game, but Im unsure about his Specs, this is what I got from him:

- Intel® Core i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~ 2.5GHz

- 4 Gigs of RAM

- Intel r HD graphics.

- Windows 7 64 - Bit

The only reall issue is the onboard graphics it will play but it wont be pretty.

I currently have:

4G RAM

Windows Vista 32 bit

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz

GeForce 9400 GT

500 Watt PSU

Even overclocked I get horrible framerates and is sometimes nearly unplayable.

I was looking to buy a Radeon HD 6850 or another? (ideas)

Would that help framerate or would CPU be problem now?

Edited by Evilliume

I currently have:

4G RAM

Windows Vista 32 bit

GeForce 9400 GT

500 Watt PSU

Not entirely sure about the processor, but I just upgraded to a Radeon HD 6850 with an i7-2600 and I run it on max flawlessly. Check out this post, maybe it can help you out. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=3898

I currently have:

4G RAM

Windows Vista 32 bit

GeForce 9400 GT

500 Watt PSU

Your Processor is below minimum specs. Your GPU is a little past bare minimum.

Your Operating system is at 32 bit which is only able to see 3.25GB of system ram

therefore your 4Gb of ram and your 9400 GT 1 Gb = 5GB of total system ram which you lost 1.75GB of ram because your operating system is now holding you back as well.... In your case you are at yout limits upgrading your machines hardware is not going to get you anyware. You will first need to upgrade to 64 bit which your vista code will allow you to do without acquiring a new one. Next you sould upgrade your processor, then GPU, then Ram.

Hello there,

I have a problem which makes the game nearly unplayable for me.

I'm experiencing heavy FPS issues, my system should be able to run the game at least on lowest settings smoothly, but changing the settings has absolutely no effect on game performance - on nal hutta I have about 20 FPS with permanent drops to 5 FPS, on the imperial fleet I have 8 FPS, and because of this I'm experiencing heavy animation delays (balmorra really is unplayable for me because of that).

my system:

i7 2,8 Ghz

ATI HD5770 (1 GB)

4 GB RAM

Win 7 64 bit

Usually I'm running the game 1920x1080 with mid settings, but as I told you, changing the resolution and/or the quality settings has no effect on game performance :/

I hope someone can help me :]

Edited by Kharnatus

Hello everyone, was wondering if you could help me out. My desktop has the following specs...

AMD Phenom II 840T Quad core at 2.90

6 GB ram (5.75 free)

ATI Radeon HD 4200

Windows 7 64 bit

As of right now I have to have all the setting on low or off and the resolution at 1280 x 720 for this game to even try to run smoothly (at times). It is truly frustrating, most of the time I range from 7-15 fps. I would appreciate any help/advice any of you could give so that I can actually enjoy this game

Hey guys, I just got my comp back for repairs, apparently my computers graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 5450) is garbage and will not run this game as it loads it and then immediately exits after the loading screen.

I'll give you some specs on my comp, maybe you guys can recommend me a decent graphics card between 100-150$ price ranger, I'm looking on tigerdirect and I see a few.

Processor: Intel® Core i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz ( 4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, build 7601)

Approx. Total Memory: 2227 MB

DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)

If there is anything else you need to look at, let me know.

I was looking at a couple of Graphics cards, if you could point toward one, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Here's some I was looking at: GeForce GTS 450, and GeForce GTS 550. I've noticed there is 2 or 3 variations of these Video cards, can you tell me what I should look for? Thanks!