PVP gear?

weshaw

I am anni spec and I see that I have the choice between 2 set the challenger and the weapon master.

Which one is a better fit for my spec ?I'm planning on stacking the power augment on my gear.

Thank you

You would want to mix them both as both sets contain power and crit. Just pick the ones with crit for the body part. You can have two challenger and two weaponmaster, and you will still get the set bonus. My sent has two challenger pieces and two weaponmaster pieces that favored power as I am combat spec.

For implants, would sents/maras be better served using the Partisan Vindicator's MK-1 (pwr/surge) instead of the Partisan Weaponmaster's MK-1 (crit/surge)?

Thanks, in advance, for any insight you might be able to provide.

Regards,

For implants, would sents/maras be better served using the Partisan Vindicator's MK-1 (pwr/surge) instead of the Partisan Weaponmaster's MK-1 (crit/surge)?

Thanks, in advance, for any insight you might be able to provide.

Regards,

Power/Surge all the way. Much of Carnage & Rage's burst is already coming from forced crits, and Annihilation is still a comparatively weak PVP spec.

Accuracy is more valuable than it was, but Crit rating remains a relatively low priority due to our reliance on those forced crits to execute reliable burst.

You would want to mix them both as both sets contain power and crit. Just pick the ones with crit for the body part. You can have two challenger and two weaponmaster, and you will still get the set bonus. My sent has two challenger pieces and two weaponmaster pieces that favored power as I am combat spec.

Why would you mix the 2 for a loss of crit? Crit healing is the backbone of the Anni/Watch spec... Dont listen to this moron. go for Crit.

Why would you mix the 2 for a loss of crit? Crit healing is the backbone of the Anni/Watch spec... Dont listen to this moron. go for Crit.

Did you even read what you wrote? Limp healing a backbone of a dps class? Are you a more on?

Sorry you feel that I am a moron. I mixed my set as I mostly play combat as I mentioned I am a combat spec sent. If I went all four pieces of the same kind, it would contain both crit and power. As I do not play anni/watchmen I am keeping my crit low so like I said I took the pieces that had power vice

Crit on it. The op can do the same but pick the pieces that has crit on it. Please read the post before calling people names. It says a lot about you. If you would go to the vendor and look at the pieces you would understand. The mixing allows the players a quicker route to min/maxing without buying uneeded pieces and still get the set bonus.

Do you have the slightest idea how the 2.0 stat curves look?

Do you have the slightest idea what's actually valuable in PVP?

Protip: Burst is even more king than it was before. Auto-crits are the king of burst. Auto-crit specs (you know, the 2 viable specs Marauder has) do not depend heavily on Crit Rating.

QED.

Guess you're the biggest moron here, eh?

Derp. :rolleyes:

There's no point to stack crit for any Marauder spec. Ability procs auto-crit. Next time, open your mouth a little wider when you're pretending to know what the hell you're talking about.

Edited by TheronFett

Thanks for the replies on optimal implant type.

If I may, what's the best combination of Partisan relics to use? I was thinking of using the Kinetic Tempest and Serendipitous Assault; I'm not sure if it makes sense to stack two of the pwr proc relics but the removal of the power relics -- whether on-use or static -- has created some uncertainty.

Thanks again,

Edited by Karaya_One

From what I've heard/read (no testing done myself) one partisan and one conqueror power proc relics is the way to go. People are saying that they proc independently of each other, ie. they can both proc at the same time. Might want to browse the general PVP section forums to see if this is true.

• 3 weeks later...