Accuracy Questions for Min/Max Endgame PVP Pyros

Hello all,

I am currently a Warlord Pyro PT on The Bastion, having a little dilemma. I have all of my gear min/maxxed (51 aim 39 power mods, 53 surge 41 power enhancers in every slot) and im full war hero.

I built my toon primarily to destroy healers very fast (bonus dmg ~650 under ranged, 79.83 surge) but I cant even land railshots on mara's and sins.

Its obvious to me that the problem is I am at 91% accuracy.

The question is, does getting it to 95-100% accuracy really help all that much on landing shots on sins/maras, or do their cool downs still negate the extra accuracy (example obfuscate 90% accuracy reduction for 5-6 sec)

Hi Wired, Perpendicular here. From my findings, Aim>Power, but thats another discussion.

The answer to your question is No. When they pop those cool downs or obfuscate, you're better off just flame bursting.

Edited by Theology

Hi Wired, Perpendicular here. From my findings, Aim>Power, but thats another discussion.

The answer to your question is No. When they pop those cool downs or obfuscate, you're better off just flame bursting.

Please stop this nonsense. Aim is close to power only when you have 9% from ST tree. Once you get past 30% crit, power > aim even with 9% (albeit just barely, without 9% power is always > aim).

And yes as Pyro Accuracy to 98% will help immensly. It's been shown that it actually increases your DPS up to 98%. You only need the 2 WH implants and like 2 Accuracy Enhancements. It's not that much to hit 97.9%.

You're probably giving up 8-9% accuracy for an extra 5% on your crit bonus. DR is hits sooo hard once you're 75% crit bonus. There is no reason you should be stacking more than ~270 surge. I bet tanks just laugh when you pop a rail on them since they probably dodge half of them. Even on healers they'll still be dodging 14% of your rails. I would recommend switching at least 4-5 of those power/surge enhancements for power/accuracy.

Please stop this nonsense. Aim is close to power only when you have 9% from ST tree. Once you get past 30% crit, power > aim even with 9% (albeit just barely, without 9% power is always > aim).

Though this subject is off topic from OPs post, Augment and Mod wise... Thissssss. Stack aim all you want. I'll be getting my 5k medals and ya'll won't.

You're probably giving up 8-9% accuracy for an extra 5% on your crit bonus. DR is hits sooo hard once you're 75% crit bonus. There is no reason you should be stacking more than ~270 surge. I bet tanks just laugh when you pop a rail on them since they probably dodge half of them. Even on healers they'll still be dodging 14% of your rails. I would recommend switching at least 4-5 of those power/surge enhancements for power/accuracy.

Tanks do dodge a majority of my railshots, I agree. But in terms of healers I melt pretty much anything that isnt guarded in 5 casts or less, thats with full AIM augs.

I get the 5k medal for railshot every match, and often hit 6k on fully geared sorcs. But I am seeing what you are saying to give up 4-5% of surge to get 8% accuracy...

I want to know why the extra 7% accuracy makes all the difference in the world, according to what everyone is saying that 98% is the sweet spot..7% is only 7%, people are making it sound like its 70%

BTW: Here is a link to my build and specs:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/8b5016e0-0276-4037-b113-6a820a7a687f

Edited by anarchythreeotwo

I run 96% acc, pretty happy with it. will never miss your rail shot against anyone but consular types or tanks unless someone does something to lower my acc. still get my surge up to 78% which is well into DR.

as to aim vs power augments, if you run the inq buff aim pretty much always wins, remember the DR for aim's crit chance increase is seperate from the DR from crit rating and its such a slow DR its not worth mentioning until you have over 2k main stat and power doesnt start beating aim for average damage until quite a while after that. power will provide larger biggest hits unless you also have the +9% aim spec then they are about the same for that as well.

• 6 months later...
hover over the ranged tab accuracy. Special Attack Accuracy = Tech Accuracy = 100% base.

all BH abilities but Rapid Shots are special attacks

There is still a difference between special attacks (railshot, unload) and tech attacks (flame burst, thermal detonator). Special attacks can be defended and shielded and uses range crit chance, while tech attacks can only be mitigated by armor (if it does energy or kinetic damage, such as rocket punch).