Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty excited about reputation. I just have a few questions.

1) From what groups that you help can you gain reputation? Is it mostly big groups like Gree or can it be the SIS or some elite imperial service?

2) How come all of the updates are mostly focused on higher levels? My character is only a level 27 at this time and i want to take part in the events that BioWare is making, but i just am not a high enough level.

If anyone has any ideas, i would be grateful for answers.

You're right about one thing. There are more pve'ers then pvp'ers. However its because there more pve'ers that you have to bring more pve rewards and objects to owpvp areas otherwise people are just going to do the minimum needed for pvp instead of having a more organic pvp

Organic: a word tossed around today to mean 'natural'. For example, putting a PvP-only reward in a PvP area to reward those who participate , or a PvE reward at the end of a hard PvE quest.

Contrived: trying to make two elements that have nothing contiguous involved to work together. A anti-synthesis of fail and stupid.

What has been repeatedly stated over, and over, and over in this thread is simple: If you want good oPvP you do not derive it from trying to lure in unprepared PvE people. Despite the fact that some people like this pseudo-open PVP that depends on drawing in undergeared and unprepared PvE players to an area where they get autoflagged, many others do not. Despite that some people claim gankers are not a serious issue, they are. And above all else, despite the near constant drone of "PvP needs attention" and "if you don't like it don't participate" , I guarantee you this will be pushed as some kind of PvE thing that can be soloed -- just like HK and Sec X and Rak Plague.

When a dude comes on here , upset because he got ganked eleven times trying to buy a part, people like you will suggest he 'L2P', offer pithy comments on his badness, and belittle him. No one defending this act will help undergeared players in the areas. Not a single one of you is going to bother to waste the time to make sure gankers don't ruin it. Please spare us the wounded tone.

And the response that, if I do not want to engage in this skilless garbage play, I can either be forced not to be able to partcipate in the event at all, or waste time and effort trying to gear up to do so, is a non-response.

But I have a solution: I am FINE with this sort of thing, actually. Do it. However, let's make it like the HK thing, and put the other half of the reward/objective/whatever in HM TFB. Let's see how much the PvP gankers like it when they get kicked from groups and told "if you want the rewards you need to participate". Put the other piece in HM LI, that should be good for a laugh or two as people wipe 30 times in a row.

If it's good for PvE to be forced into PvP, there is no logical reason for the reverse to not be true.

I wonder how messed up Ilum is going to be in this patch. I resubbed cause I heard Ilum 2.0 was coming back, this isn't exactly what you guys were leading the PvP on about. Whatever I'll check it out and unsub cause this game sucks.

Organic: a word tossed around today to mean 'natural'. For example, putting a PvP-only reward in a PvP area to reward those who participate , or a PvE reward at the end of a hard PvE quest.

Contrived: trying to make two elements that have nothing contiguous involved to work together. A anti-synthesis of fail and stupid.

What has been repeatedly stated over, and over, and over in this thread is simple: If you want good oPvP you do not derive it from trying to lure in unprepared PvE people. Despite the fact that some people like this pseudo-open PVP that depends on drawing in undergeared and unprepared PvE players to an area where they get autoflagged, many others do not. Despite that some people claim gankers are not a serious issue, they are. And above all else, despite the near constant drone of "PvP needs attention" and "if you don't like it don't participate" , I guarantee you this will be pushed as some kind of PvE thing that can be soloed -- just like HK and Sec X and Rak Plague.

When a dude comes on here , upset because he got ganked eleven times trying to buy a part, people like you will suggest he 'L2P', offer pithy comments on his badness, and belittle him. No one defending this act will help undergeared players in the areas. Not a single one of you is going to bother to waste the time to make sure gankers don't ruin it. Please spare us the wounded tone.

And the response that, if I do not want to engage in this skilless garbage play, I can either be forced not to be able to partcipate in the event at all, or waste time and effort trying to gear up to do so, is a non-response.

But I have a solution: I am FINE with this sort of thing, actually. Do it. However, let's make it like the HK thing, and put the other half of the reward/objective/whatever in HM TFB. Let's see how much the PvP gankers like it when they get kicked from groups and told "if you want the rewards you need to participate". Put the other piece in HM LI, that should be good for a laugh or two as people wipe 30 times in a row.

If it's good for PvE to be forced into PvP, there is no logical reason for the reverse to not be true.

Agreement: Excellently put, for a meatbag. I say we make PvP gankers do PvE as well. I'm tired of people ganking people that are engaged in combat. It just shows their lack of skill. So they get forced to do it this way.

I wonder how messed up Ilum is going to be in this patch. I resubbed cause I heard Ilum 2.0 was coming back, this isn't exactly what you guys were leading the PvP on about. Whatever I'll check it out and unsub cause this game sucks.

Observation: Guess you missed the "no bashing the game or BioWare" post.

Not a single one of you is going to bother to waste the time to make sure gankers don't ruin it. Please spare us the wounded tone.

Actually during the Tatooine event many of the top guilds and best equipped end game players battled over the hill the npc merchant was on so that lowbies could acquire stuff from their event comms.

This went on for over 3 hours just while I was there on the last night.

In other words, you're full of crap.

Edited by Dawginole

TFB HM? Fine but then make the other half of the objective only purchasable for 4500 rated WZ comms. Should be good laugh or two as you try to farm that in recruit gear.

Actually, tha IS a great idea. Why not recognize the renaissance men and women of this game in stead of the tunnel visioners? Put a most awesome reward in for it. Oh you only pvp gank? Sry, not leet enough. Oh you only carebear pve? Nah-ah, tis not for you. This is for those that kick npc and player toosh alike, you better recognize.

Don't be such a sour kitten. You won't die if you get exposed to pvp. If theres gankers you and your pve ops group don't want to confront you can always go to a LFG ops till they get tired and leave.

Edited by aeterno

TFB HM? Fine but then make the other half of the objective only purchasable for 4500 rated WZ comms. Should be good laugh or two as you try to farm that in recruit gear.

Really a great point. And I think it kills his analogy. Getting into open world pvp a few times is nothing like what would be needed to accomplish HM TFB. So if that is a wished for requirement to "show the pvp'ers what's up," then the trade off is not allowing a section of the event to be in pvp territory, it would be to force you to actually play warzones as those in fully optimized WH or better easily put in more time than what is required for 63 pve gear. I had my 63's in two weeks and went straight into it from Rakata. I power leveled cybertech and already had artifice to 400, and then with a legacy set got all the mods to the correct crafter from all the easy to acquire Black Hole gear from the RIDICULOUS amount of BH comms that this game gives away. I then had all the mats I needed to trade to a crafter to make my mods and used BH comms for campaign armoring so that I could keep the set bonus. So now aside from 4 61 armoring that were purposefully kept so that I would have the set bonus, I am in a fully min/maxed set of dread guard for my Sentinel.

To get to fully min/maxed War Hero took months. And that's not even the same level of gear. For the ease to which PvE only players can get into BiS gear now, having to put up with a few random pvp encounters during an event should be a trade off they are very willing to deal with.

Actually during the Tatooine event many of the top guilds and best equipped end game players battled over the hill the npc merchant was on so that lowbies could acquire stuff from their event comms.

Actually during the HK event on Harbinger WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT there were so many gankers that even pvp geared folks were being burned down.

Lulz, you're talking about what happens now, literally weeks and weeks later? Yeah, real convincing. There's like a few dozen people running it now.

As for the 'make it cost rated wz comms' -- again, the question is simple. Is the event there to provide entertainment for everyone, or to force PVP (and PVE) onto people.

The *smart* thing to do is have multiple methods. Set an objective that can be completed by either oPvP or by top-end PvE. My example was clearly hyperbole; PvP specced people should not be forced to participate in HM's for a companion (especially considering that they don't usually gear theirs to be able to effectively solo the H2's) any more than PvE specced folks should be forced into oPvP.

You cannot force people to engage in content -- if it's not , ah, organically attractive , then shoving rewards in there just makes the entire thing unfun. Arguments from self (i.e., I found it fun so the 4000 people who didn't are just bads) do not an argument make.

So let me get this straight. You're mad because as a purely PvE player you are forced to go into a purely PvP area to do an events and get HK? Even though a purely PvPer is forced to do multi PvE quest for an event and for HK had to do 2 2m quest, HM Foundry and FE.

Lets compare:

PvEer

-Since you hate PvP your on PvE sever. If you hate PvP and are on a PvP server that is all on you; you choose your server.

-You had to kill 1 WB in PvP area for 1st event.

-Nothing PvP related for 2nd event.

-HK you had to go to a PvP area and buy 1 part.

PvPer

-Had to kill 3 WB and 7 quest for 1st event

-Nothing PvP related. Couldn't even get currency from WZ like the 1st event for 2nd.

-HK had to complete HM and normal FP and do to 2 2m quest easy to solo with geared companion but since companion has no use in WZ companion is ungeared. When asking for help you get trolled.

Who is being forced more to do other type of content ? Who is QQ more?

So let me get this straight. You're mad because as a purely PvE player you are forced to go into a purely PvP area to do an events and get HK?

Biowares utterly insane design decision never cease to amaze me. No wonder this game has crashed & burnt loosing 1+ million subscribers in a year.

Which sane MMO would force a PvE player into a PvP zone for a story quest? Bioware thats who.

& dont get me started on gating HK behind doing a HM Flashpoint. Way to go killing your game Bioware!

Lets deny the majority of MMO players nowadays (casual PvE'ers) from getting the a beloved companion from the Kotor games!

Lunacy. Utter fin lunacy.

Edited by Kheld

Biowares utterly insane design decision never cease to amaze me. No wonder this game has crashed & burnt loosing 1+ million subscribers in a year.

Which sane MMO would force a PvE player into a PvP zone for a story quest? Bioware thats who.

& dont get me started on gating HK behind doing a HM Flashpoint. Way to go killing your game Bioware!

Lets deny the majority of MMO players nowadays (casual PvE'ers) from getting the a beloved companion from the Kotor games!

Lunacy. Utter fin lunacy.

I'm sorry but your rant is so bad its making me cry.

You upset because you had to go into a PvP zone and buy 1 item? Its not like evil PvPers are going to camp vendor 24/7.

Denying the casual gamer because of a HM? Don't they give you a free set of gear to run HM? All you have to is hit 50 pick up the quest and move 100m. Sound like big mean BW hates us.

HK is heroic companion you should have to do heroic things to get him.

Just a few questions :

WHEN ?!?

Why announce 1.7 if it's not ready and/or not coming soon ?

It's still not on the PTS !! Why ?

Will it ever be tested before launch ?

Why is this thread not a sticky anymore ?

If any of this has been answered before hand, where ?

Edited by Cylnael

So let me get this straight. You're mad because as a purely PvE player you are forced to go into a purely PvP area to do an events and get HK? Even though a purely PvPer is forced to do multi PvE quest for an event and for HK had to do 2 2m quest, HM Foundry and FE.

I am saying the method is stupid and nonsensical regardless of which end you look at it. As I said, there should be separate paths (PvE and PvP) to the same end (part, objective,whatever). Forcing PvE players to PvP or PvP players to PvE are both broken , badly conceived and lazy ideas.

However, because I feel that , I am not going to accept a garbage argument that it's 'fun to PVP' for those people who are forced into it anymore than I would the opposite. I am certainly not going to listen to someone tell me that the open PvP area was some kind of great experience when my old guild had to send multiple 4-mans to fight off gankers who were just griefing everyone they could.

If your answer to that is "well PVP had to suffer before so now PvE should" then there's no reason to hold a conversation at all.

BW, CM anyone ...

Are you ashamed of your work so much that you destick your own threads when they get what they deserve ??

It was the same thig with the thread about the so called "anniversary event" you desticked the thread when we (i.e. your costumers) told you what we thought about it from the bottom of our ... hearts (what were you thinking about)

So now as they say in my country "the wine has been served, you must drink it"

Unless 1.7 isn't coming anymore and that should be announced by a sticked thread, shouldn't it ??

You disagree ?

So do we.

Edited by Cylnael

You mean you were doing the open world PVP that you guys have been longing for? Wow, you guys know the meaning of sacrifice. :rolleyes:

How exactly does that stop anyone from ganking the PVE players go there exactly?

I must have missed something . . . did someone say they want to get Battle Master Gear from PVE?

Otherwise I'm not sure why a pure PVPer would want to get a companion, a PVE component of the game.

And I'm not sure how doing something you can use Group Finder for, with gear you get for free suited to that level of PVE content, that even if you are really bad just takes longer, to doing what is the equivalent of running into a warzone naked with 1 leg and both hands tied behind you back with a target on your head. <- recruit gear on a PVE player

Not to mention it's fully possible you could be thwarted for hours or days on end.

I already know nothing is going to change, it's obvious game companies know that making non PVP players do PVP is a form of PVP content for you guys. We PVE players should just be content that they can still make 95% of the game for us and that even though we are getting ganked it means resources aren't being wasted making PVP content :)

I'm not sure why a pure PVPer would want to get a companion, a PVE component of the game.

Good point.

Moreover let's review what we know about the Gree component of the reputation system. It may (almost certainly) require you to go into a PvP area in order to grind Reputation that will be required to get A) PvE titles and B) cool looking gear (well, cool is subjective, but the Black-Red agent gear looks cool imo).

How would PvPers feel if they had to do Operations in order to get PvP titles?

• It refers specifically to the contested area in the Western Ice Shelf.
    It comes on the heels of Jeff Hickman talking to 'some interesting changes to a special PvP area' as well as the Gree, and alluding to changes to the Western Shelf of Ilum in the same State of the Game blog.

It's PvP all right. The question is whether there are PvE objectives in there.

I am not to fussed on weather or not there is any PvE Objectives in this update. PvE Players (aka carebears) already have enough content. Players that enjoy PvP are in need of more content other than the same old reptative Warzones.