Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

It would be nice if they were not trying to have their cake an eat it. We are being told 'well it's your fault, you should have relied on box promo art not the actual items/previews.' Buuuuuuut. Then they say 'Um, yes, well, Dancer's/Reveller's outfit mix up. You see, we ... um... sort of accidentally put the picture of one of those on the promo art of the Cartel Pack it isn't included in....and included the other one...but yes, you should always rely on our box promo art....'.

Pick one, please.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally started playing again after the rage in me settled down a bit. I still can't get over the fact I used to look like a bad arse ninja and now look like a someone who just got out of a shower with a robe and towel draped around me. I swear there's a legal issue involved here since it involves real money. False advertising or something for all you lawyers out there. BW's gone to sleep for the night so anything goes. This has to be one of the biggest messes ever created out of something so simple and easily addressed. Keep old look, keep new look. Is this really that complicated.

/signed...

I don't know why everyone is creating a HUGE uproar over this... this community is rapidly turning into a Spanish soap opera..

I will say that I can understand individuals being upset about the Phantom set, I don't agree, but I understand. I also can understand everyone being upset and frustrated over the recent communication of BW on the forums and how it was false/mistake.

BUT.... seriously... they made minor changes to the TrailBlazer and SpyMaster sets and people are crying as if they removed pants (ALL PANTS) from the game... I've been away playing other games, saw the forums, I had to log on and check for myself.. I had to inspect the sets multiple times before I realized what the changes were... everyone's reaction made me think they were turned pink and had hello kitty imprinted on the chest or something..

I think the SpyMaster set was always lacking, it looked dull, the additions are nice.

The Trailblazer is now my favorite set, my character no longer looks like he is wearing a spandex suit and trying out for the Swedish bobsled team....

Thank you Bioware, not everyone hates your new changes...

As for the rest of you... if you hate them, sign a petition, do something productive, creating 100 threads of whining and crying... well that's a step in the wrong direction..

Live long and prosper (Oh yea I went there)....

Edited by Reppical

OK, my first post in a forum. I am hoping that the devs actually do consider player input. I don't like the change to spymaster (I'm on the fence relative to the phantom change). I paid to buy cartel coins to try and "win" the spymaster set, when the purchase of several packs failed to achieve that, I purchased from the GTN so I could have that "look" for one of my toons and her companion. Now it has been changed to the "jacket" look, which I do not like! Perhaps a solution is to offer both looks (for each of the pieces of spymaster and/or phantom chest armor the player has), but only one can be selected and equipped, the other then disappears. Or, offer both looks and let the player sell the one they don't like. But please, somehow, give us the look we thought we were buying!

Count me squarely in the group that thinks this new version ruined the Phantom. Not just a bad chest piece, but now the gloves are bad too. It was so much better as one of the few sleek sets of gear.

And to anyone saying we should have known this change was a-coming - how exactly? I am only in the habit of checking a known issues list if I think I have an issue to report. And certainly wouldn't know of any back lash against its previous form without reviewing topics on the forum, which I suppose is a fun way to spend your time if you've already emptied the lint tray from the dryer and clipped your toe nails and just can't find anything better.

And yes I did invest real dollars in acquiring the set based on its in game look.

Sorry to add to the drama, but I too must say the new phantom chest is garbage. I can't say I was part of the original "outcry" to have it match the picture, but now that it's been altered, it's just a variation of that same puffy shouldered chest that appears 600 times elsewhere in the game. I hope, if this change is going to stay, they at least offer the chance to get the previous version under some other name.

This whole argument seems to be a 50-50 split (for and against). They can't choose one or the other and not annoy half the populace.....well, half the populace that actually cares. So, split the difference and give the option for both.

Anywho, that's my 2 cents.

Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.

i love what you do for use joveth, thanks for all your work and don't worry about the people who were screaming at you. you are a good person and you always help us :)

It seems a shame that the art placed on the cartel packs is causing such an issue...

Revan's lower robe has been changed away from how it's look on the cartel pack.

The Spymaster has been changed to look like it does on the cartel pack.

The cartel pack is being changed to show a red dancing kit.

Flame haired kowakian monkey lizard was shown on cartel pack but it was the Ruddyscale Kowakian Monkey Lizard that was in the pack (I should know I paid 850K for the little guy)

The Phantom gear has been changed to look like it does on the cartel pack.

Obviously some consistency needs to be adopted by Bioware and the first point of call is to make sure if you put the art work on a cartel pack it matches the stuff inside the pack.

However...

The Trailblazer's gear has been changed and that wasn't on any cartel pack artwork I could see.

So, in general a rather haphazard approach.

Cartel artwork and model changes aside I hope the developers take note of how passionate players take their characters look. They must be aware of ithis as they charge about £6.30 for a set of cartel armour (this value may vary but I worked it out on the 5500 coin purchase against one of the 1440 coin sets), and who knows how much in the hope of getting a rare item drop from the cartel packs.

All I want is the option to get some fairly bland neutral/black coloured chest pieces. I'm surprised at how hard it is to get a decent set of trousers and a shirt in a galaxy far, far away especially if your character is female.

Edited by Vhaegrant

I was hopeful that equipping a circlet and then showing helm would get rid of the stupid hood, but no go. Unfortunately the only way to get rid of the awful hood is to wear an even uglier helm.

Why Bioware why?

Spymaster is absolutely ghastly compared to what it was. I sure didn't enjoy spending the money to rip out the mods and having to rearrange my character's look because of this change. Just terrible. It really speaks to the source of the greater problem, when changes like this are made. The fact that this stuff gets "okayed" and thrown in game is appalling. But, I guess the countless threads since the beginning of this game about gear looking awful still hasn't hit home.

Apparently, it's translated as "This gear looks awful, they say. I guess they must mean they want it in different colors."

Edited by ShatteredVision

I don't normally think too much of fashion, only working on a look for two or three characters out lf all of them I've got, but I'm afraid I have to side with the masses. While the outfits may not have reflected their graphic image as closely, but they very much were previewable, and you got what you saw in the window, and the outfits looked like their icons, so it's not like anybody had missed the boat here.

This was not a fix. A fix is making the Voss Mystic robes white again after they bunged it up and turned them blue. These outfits (Spymaster/Phantom) were introduced looking as they had, and people were cool with it. We bought those outfits based exactly on what we saw in the preview windows, and we liked it.

My Warrior went from looking fairly slick in his two-toned pants and shirt (phantom chest piece) with his hair flying and the nice cuffs. It was a good overall look. Now he looks like a ******* with padded automotive lights on his chest and shoulders, the hair is removed, and I can only occasionally see his face. Unacceptable alteration.

It should be reverted to what had originally been introduced, and they can add a secondary pack to the store for each outfit as "Revision 2" under the outfit name.

Sorry to repeat this post, originally put it in one of the other "blah blah why the change" threads (guess I chose the wrong one as to which was the "official" one ._.)

Sorry to add to the drama, but I too must say the new phantom chest is garbage. I can't say I was part of the original "outcry" to have it match the picture, but now that it's been altered, it's just a variation of that same puffy shouldered chest that appears 600 times elsewhere in the game.

The whole point of "people didn't like that it was different from the picture" only applies to those who bought the pack in the first week or so. After that, anyone could preview the pieces after seeing them in the GTN and know what they looked like. Which means pretty much every pack that was purchased after that first week or so actually wanted the "incorrect" look.

I hope, if this change is going to stay, they at least offer the chance to get the previous version under some other name.

This whole argument seems to be a split (for and against). BW can't choose one or the other and not annoy half the populace.....well, half the populace that actually cares. So, split the difference and give the option for both.

Edited by ill_intent

I can't believe you people are really complaining about the item "Corrections" They were "not changes" never were. I don't suppose you people realize that you paid for one item and got something different. Rather you bought the pack, or you bought the items via the GTN. These items were not showing as intended. Yet have the gull to cry about finally getting what was actually intended? I can't stand how BW does things either, but they corrected something and get it right for once. The only real issue here is how long it took for them to correct these item errors.

What really kills me is that everyone knew the deal, and anyone saying they didn't know is either lying, or just completely oblivious. I'm glad they finally gave the Phantom set, and Revan's lower robe their intended look.

I purchased the spymaster outfit specifically for the way it looked prior to this 'fix'. Unlike some, I don't like bumps, bulges, third breasts, wings, diapers, spikes, glowey bits etc, on my armor. I like simple, clean, straight forward looks without the spastic, and frankly, ugly frills BW seems so intent upon forcing all of us to wear. I bought the outfit because it DID NOT have all that added garbage. And now, the money I spent. Real money, not game money, has been wasted and I am now the horrified owner of yet another dog butt ugly piece of **** armor from bioware, whereas yesterday, I had on a lovely, sleek and clean armor set that made my character look great.

So... I think that BW can easily make both parties happy, those who like the changes, and those who don't, by giving us a one time chance to change the armor back to what was originally sold, or to keep it as it currently is. This is the most reasonable method to make everyone happy at the same time. If they offered this option up, I would be very happy to continue spending money buying CC. If they leave me with what is to me, a horrendously ugly piece of armor in place of the sleek piece I had originally bought, they will never see another CC purchase from me again.

I spent more than $100.00 this month on CC, that is a drop in the bucket for me. I dropped more than $1400.00 on Perfect World International in the space of 3 months. I have plenty of money to splash on a game. They wont see another dime from me if some reasonable option isn't made to satisfy those of us who got the armor for it's old look, not for what it's become now.

Sorry to add to the drama, but I too must say the new phantom chest is garbage. I can't say I was part of the original "outcry" to have it match the picture, but now that it's been altered, it's just a variation of that same puffy shouldered chest that appears 600 times elsewhere in the game. I hope, if this change is going to stay, they at least offer the chance to get the previous version under some other name.

This whole argument seems to be a 50-50 split (for and against). They can't choose one or the other and not annoy half the populace.....well, half the populace that actually cares. So, split the difference and give the option for both.

Do a search for posts and threads prior to the 'fix'. You'll find maybe one or two. Thats posts, not threads. Even prior to the 'fix' most of the posts in threads that brought up the discrepancy were "Don't change it!" posts.

All these posts from people defending the change are likely from people who were unaffected by the change. They didn't have their look changed from something relatively unique into something mundane and common.

This is entirely unacceptable, though if anyone at the switch is reading this they know that by now.

As was pointed out, people could preview to know what they were buying. Guess what, I sure did. You decided to ruin everyone else's day, though, who actually bought that gear look on purpose.

As was pointed out, you could have created a second version of the item... but no, instead you decided to ruin everyeone else's day, though, who actually bought that gear look on purpose.

Do you see ANYONE in this thread saying thank you? No. At most, people have just said "quit whining". Been through pages here, and can find no one saying "Oh wow, this looks great!"

You've derped hard. Now fix it back the way it was, or yeah... I'm gonna call this a bait-and-switch and I'll just be done with you. You can only slap me in the face so many times before I flip you the bird in thanks.

As far as the Phantom set goes. They finally gave us what was advertised, what was intended finally and you people crying about it make no sense at all, and is complete nonsense, and beyond ridiculous. The set never should of looked the way it did when it was released period.

All I see is personal crying. Sorry folks, but I care more about getting the gear that was promised over complaining for personal wants. And wanted items to stay not as they were intended is just flat out stupid. From the day the pack in the picture below went live, the picture of the Phantom set has always been what it finally got corrected to today.

I said it in another thread I'll say it here too. The real issue is in how long it took BW to correct the items.

I suppose it would be too much like right to simply petition for a secondary set instead of acting this way. And no I am not in support of BW either.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7459694_f260.jpg

Edited by Aizen