Current game version does not match the server's.

JimmySole

Wait.... you mean I can play chapt 16 now! :eek::D

Today's my wedding anniversary, and I wasn't gonna get on today. But my wife (Who btw enjoys the SWTOR stories, but won't play any game that doesn't let her use a controller) asked me to push our dinner reservations back a couple of hours so she can see how KotFE ends. So.......Thanks for the anniversary present BW! :D

*Drops Mic and prepares to kick Arkan's teeth down his throat

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks!

We have figured out what the issue is and we have a few options on how to proceed. What we are going to do is we are going to move tomorrow's maintenance up to right now, meaning there will no longer be a maintenance tomorrow morning. Within the next 15-30 minutes we will be bringing all servers down as we deploy Game Update 4.7 and Chapter 16.

This means that as the servers come back up 4.7 will be live and you will have access to Chapter 16 Early Access if you qualified. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but with this solution you will be getting Chapter 16 and GU 4.7 even sooner than planned.

This means that starting soon SWTOR servers will be unavailable for approximately 4 hours (hopefully less). We will be keeping SWTOR.com available during this period.

Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

I just want to say Thank's Eric (And swtor team) This is a very speedy response. and very speedy action. As well as benifiting players instead of them losing something, Very well done, good choice and option. And good Speed.

Thank you.

Us player's Appreciate your guys hard work. :)

Hey folks!

We have figured out what the issue is and we have a few options on how to proceed. What we are going to do is we are going to move tomorrow's maintenance up to right now, meaning there will no longer be a maintenance tomorrow morning. Within the next 15-30 minutes we will be bringing all servers down as we deploy Game Update 4.7 and Chapter 16.

This means that as the servers come back up 4.7 will be live and you will have access to Chapter 16 Early Access if you qualified. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but with this solution you will be getting Chapter 16 and GU 4.7 even sooner than planned.

This means that starting soon SWTOR servers will be unavailable for approximately 4 hours (hopefully less). We will be keeping SWTOR.com available during this period.

-eric

Thank you!!

Hey folks!

-eric

Eric, thank you for your quick response on this, and thanks to the rest of the team for the quick action.

(timezone testing)

Actually it doesn't have much of an effect on us other than EST'ers who had their raids at 8 PM. Patching should be done at what... about 9 PM which is primetime for East Coast servers anyways, and for those on Harb etc. will only just be getting off work. So it's basically a non-issue.

Back to the main topic...

HOLY KEPHISS BIOWARE MADE A GOOD DECISION?! :eek:

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

*Snark initiated*

Oh, this is fan-futcking-fastic, Bioware! I was planning on sleeping tonight, but of course you have to put out your patch early to make me stay up. WHo the hell do you think you are!? Giving me content earlier then originally planned. Seriosuly, if you're gonna set a date, stick to it! I just can't take it, I'm done with you and this game... RIght after I finishi chapter 16, then I'm totes gone!

Now, US players get a taste of how it feels for europeans when there's a patch during prime time.

You Europeans never can get it through your thick skulls that this is a North American game, based in a North American country, and the people who run the game hold North American work hours. Nothing has changed in the 5 years this game has been live, yet you Euroes still complain. At this point I think it's just a reason TO complain lol.

No, seriously........it does have to suck having maintenance during your prime time, so I do understand the grumbling. I just dont understand why the same people complain on Twitter about it. You can set your watch to them, they are there darn time complaining, knowing its not going to change anything.

Have fun in 4.7!!!!

I took a day off today after working 12 straight days. Got some house cleaning done, some shopping, then I got home looking forward to some relaxing gaming. Did you guys fire all of the QC people? Maybe some experienced people left and you have in place others that are not that sharp? You pay peanuts and you know what get?

I never complain about program bugs; writing software of this magnitude is no small feat and I am always willing to give you guys a chance to fix stuff like that. But this... this took amateurs.

Yes, I'm freaking annoyed. Rant done.

MAN.....I cant believe they didnt call you and make sure the emergency maintenance fit your schedule. Wow, just WOW. How rude of them. What a bunch of jerks.

I won't complain about maintenance when we get the new chapter early. What are the chances we could get better estimated completion times as the devs start getting a better idea of how long they have left?

Hey folks!

-eric

THANK YOU! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to play ch 16 when it came out due to the fact that we're getting ready to move overseas and are going to be super-busy/flying/living out of a hotel from tomorrow until...who knows? a month or two? Now I can finish up KotFE before we leave! *perched on edge of chair with anticipation*

Hello,

I just wanna make sure I got a few things straight. I openned the launcher and it patched, just like everyone else stated here, but I didn't log in. Instead I came to the forums to read the latest updates about it as I was pretty sure something was going on.

So, in order to properly play patch 4.7 and the new chapter should I expect another patching? If it doesn't patch again, does it mean it is not updated? I'm not sure the patch that happened just came at the wrong time or if there is something wrong with the patch itself; or maybe it just needes some updates and fixes.

I am looking forward to this last chapter and I'd rather wait a little longer than having a frustrasting bugged gaming experience.

Hello,

I just wanna make sure I got a few things straight. I openned the launcher and it patched, just like everyone else stated here, but I didn't log in. Instead I came to the forums to read the latest updates about it as I was pretty sure something was going on.

So, in order to properly play patch 4.7 and the new chapter should I expect another patching? If it doesn't patch again, does it mean it is not updated? I'm not sure the patch that happened just came at the wrong time or if there is something wrong with the patch itself; or maybe it just needes some updates and fixes.

I am looking forward to this last chapter and I'd rather wait a little longer than having a frustrasting bugged gaming experience.

Patch 4.7 will be live in a few hours. ETA is 6 PM PST, 9 PM EST. :)

Hello,

The patch has simply been moved up by a few hours.

Meh ill probably be up at 10 PM finishing the last bits of the event, i just need 3 ops bosses, 1 WB (worldbreaker monolith, which is a pain because you have to find people with access to Ziost which not many people have because they have not done the ziost storyline). and a handfull of HM's

You only need one person with access to destroyed Ziost. Since it's part of the DVL events, shouldn't be that hard to find. You then then use a flagship summon to bring people who haven't done Ziost yet to the boss.