Optimal build for TfB NiM - jugg tank?

HBCentaurion

I've read KeyboardNinja's Ideal Tank Stat Distribution in 2.0 post, and I am in line with what is recommended there.

Several of the posts in that thread mention that you need a higher shield / absorb rating for TfB NiM for jugg tanks, and some even mention a zero defense rating build. Yet I have not found any posts that explain the optimal stat distrubution for TfB NiM for jugg tanks.

What is it? I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction!

If you have geared using KBN's values for a jugg tank, you should be fine for NiM tfb.

Also pick up a relic of shield amplification if you haven't already, it now procs with the fortunate redoubt.

Dipstik also did some TFB specific numbers using HM data:

Jugg:

Defense 1107

Shield 634

Absorb 795

Edited by Marb

unfortunatley you cant get your shield that low, and no one has posted TFB NiM numbers in any meaningful fashion.

for 70/30 at 2400 budget i get:

1003 defence

846 shield

551 absorb

where the shioeld is what you get with underworold enhancements/mods and veracity implant/ears... i think

• 3 weeks later...

I realize this isn't quite on topic, but I'm not a fan of needlessly creating new threads to discuss old topics. Since this thread touches on Jugg tanking for NiM TFB I'll post my request here and hope it gets noticed :)

So due to some issues in guild I've been forced to switch to tanking on my 50/50 69/72 geared Jugg. I spent some time before actually getting her set up properly (currently sitting at 1013 Def/809 Shield/397 Absorb/33105 HP un-stimmed).

Here is a link to my first time tanking NiM (actually, tanking anything other than SM save for TC). As someone who has healed extensively, I worry that given my low mitigation budget (~2200) and low HP pool, I might be putting too much strain on the healers. Any thoughts or comments on the DTPS in that parse?

The other big issue I am personally sensing is that I'm sort of unsure as to when I should be using CDs and what, if any order, I should be using them in. As it stands, I tend to use Saber Reflect on CD when fighting anything that I know can be reflected (Kel'sara, for example) and I've been using Endure Pain when I drop below 30% (while also calling it in VOIP) to give the healers more time to heal me in that situation. The issue arises with Saber Ward and Immortal; they are both great CDs but I am constantly worried about using them now and needing them later. Perhaps it will come down to getting used to my healers but right now I'm just very uncomfortable and feel like I'm flying blind. Any input would be MUCH appreciated.

Here's what I do as a rule of thumb if there's no obvious time to use a cooldown(like on terminate). I look at the hp of the party, and use my judgement if the healers need to significantly heal somebody else, then I use a cooldown to allow them to turn their attention elsewhere. Otherwise, if I'm the only person low, I assume the healers are just in the middle of a cast and refrain from using cooldowns in a panic.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I've been testing out different builds on TfB NiM, and I'm thoroughly confused now. :o

Looking through my logs I see that the best build for Withering Horror is high defense as he has mainly m/r attacks. For Kephess it's high shield / absorb as 70-75% of the damage is energy attacks. But what is it for the Dreadguards? I have the impression that it's a mix of melee and energy attacks.

I know it's not feasible to change your spec for every single fight, but since this is progression for my part I'm willing to do it. If I remember correctly my stat distribution as a jugg-tank on the DG is as:

- Defense: ~ 17%

- Shield: ~ 39% (lowest amount of shield I can get)

- Absorb ~ 39%

And I'm running with 2 UW proc relics (defense and absorb)

What should I change? More defense and less absorb?

Thanks for the replies. I've been testing out different builds on TfB NiM, and I'm thoroughly confused now. :o

Looking through my logs I see that the best build for Withering Horror is high defense as he has mainly m/r attacks. For Kephess it's high shield / absorb as 70-75% of the damage is energy attacks. But what is it for the Dreadguards? I have the impression that it's a mix of melee and energy attacks.

I know it's not feasible to change your spec for every single fight, but since this is progression for my part I'm willing to do it. If I remember correctly my stat distribution as a jugg-tank on the DG is as:

- Defense: ~ 17%

- Shield: ~ 39% (lowest amount of shield I can get)

- Absorb ~ 39%

And I'm running with 2 UW proc relics (defense and absorb)

What should I change? More defense and less absorb?

My thread for optimal tfb nim numbers:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=676341

m/r: f/t: i/e:

TWH: 0,591375329 0,384192611 0,024432059

DG: 0,403433936 0,366816676 0,229749388

Op9: 0,839883773 0,160116227 0

Kephess: 0,296927638 0,64312938 0,059942982

TFB: 0,5998206 0,302798519 0,09738088

Overall: 0,546288255 0,371410683 0,082301062

TWH is by far the most m/r friendly fight (but still just 60% of his attacks are defendable). Dread Guards and Kephess are both the most unfriendly fights for defense rating (but still Juggernauts will always need some defense rating i guess) . You can type the m/r , f/t and i/e numbers into https://www.tor-tank.com/ for example. Atleast for this patch the numbers you get should still be correct

And yes, it's feasible to change your spec for every fight for progression.

Thanks for the help THoK-Zeus, I really appreciate it!

I have a suspision that tor-tank.com might be bugged. As an example, if you plot in the numbers for a jugg with a optimal 2400 stat distrubution, and the numbers for Kephess NiM under Advanced Options (and select "Override advanced options"). Then every time you press "optimize" new values will appear.

Thanks for the help THoK-Zeus, I really appreciate it!

I have a suspision that tor-tank.com might be bugged. As an example, if you plot in the numbers for a jugg with a optimal 2400 stat distrubution, and the numbers for Kephess NiM under Advanced Options (and select "Override advanced options"). Then every time you press "optimize" new values will appear.

When i try it the new values just differ very slightly (like 1 additional absorb for one point of shield rating or so). I assume the model has some form of probability in its calculation but nevertheless i think you can still use the site.

Hmm. Weird.

Here i plotted in the numbers for Kephess and pressed optimized:

http://i.imgur.com/bo1L25Z.jpg

I did not change anything, just press optimized once more and I got this:

http://i.imgur.com/M8oachi.jpg

First one has a defence rating at 522 while the second one has a rating of 1203.