Colocoid war flashpoint TOO hard.

Colocoid war is wayyyyyyyyyy to hard, how are people new to mmos supposed to do this when 4 mmo vets have trouble doing it? not only that but the turrets have countless bugs to randomly demounting, not shooting, or not being able to demount at all. Small problem among the many but a problem anyway.

I believe this flashpoint was well made and carefully created. It requires some thinking to get past the gauntlet which was a nice change of pace from the usual aoe grind fest that most dungeons in other mmo's have become. The turrets are tricky to understand at first but once you realize that you do not need to press anything to cause them to fire and all you need to do is simply aim then it is easily beaten.

Overall don't lower the bar on this one bioware love this instance don't change a thing.

The first and only time I did that instance we died a couple times at the turrets, but when we got the hang of it we breezed through that part. As for the rest of the instance, it was kind of tricky but we had solid CC and it wasn't that much hard.

In my opinion they should just fix the bugs with the turrets at the beginning and leave the rest as it is. It's a pleasant change of pace.

I feel sorry for you 4 "MMO vets"

The bug waves never seem to end! I must have spent 30 grand on the repair bills from this mission. We could not get past that turret section. All it takes is one turret bugging out when you start and your all dead. I don't know if it was one weak member or what but it just seemed that after a few seconds one person would be down and that was the end of it.

Heck the first 6 total player wipes was due to us figuring out how the damn guns even worked.

colocoid easy mode

1.Healer stays out of turret and uses box in center to LOS incoming ranged damage while healing the 3 others who are in turrets.

2. Remaining 3 party members face their turrets INWARD providing a wider field of view and compensates for the loss of coverage on the healers quadrant.

3. Prioritize targets, Droids (ranged) and bugs which are beating on others turrets.

It's a gimmick fight and once you figure it out it it's trivial.

Everyone in the group needs to know what they are doing or you will be over-run. If 1 person is not very good then it will be really hard.

Also the turrets are kind buggy :/

Another problem is, with gear repair costs being stupidly high (about 10k for 4 deaths), people won't want to keep trying. They need to lower them a lot or people are simply not going to be able to afford to raid.

Edited by NasherUK

• 2 weeks later...
colocoid easy mode

1.Healer stays out of turret and uses box in center to LOS incoming ranged damage while healing the 3 others who are in turrets.

2. Remaining 3 party members face their turrets INWARD providing a wider field of view and compensates for the loss of coverage on the healers quadrant.

3. Prioritize targets, Droids (ranged) and bugs which are beating on others turrets.

THANK YOU! This turned all of the turret segments into easy mode for is. I stood up on the crate and healed as needed while they all faced inward and watched each others' backs and we didn't even break a sweat!

colocoid easy mode

Wiped 5 times.

Tried this strat.

One shot both waves.

Colocoid war is wayyyyyyyyyy to hard, how are people new to mmos supposed to do this when 4 mmo vets have trouble doing it? not only that but the turrets have countless bugs to randomly demounting, not shooting, or not being able to demount at all. Small problem among the many but a problem anyway.

My group died twice on first turrets then cleared the rest without an issue doing it as intended. Thought it was one of the more interesting and yet easier FP's in the game.

Edited by Dignam

• 1 month later...

Tried doing this flashpoint with my friend and our two companions. Yeah, not happening. I don't understand designing fights like this, why even allow companions in there, if they are going to be absolutely useless? We wiped like 3 times, left, and never looked back.

What happened to the fun casual feel of the early flash points? Could do them with a mix of a friend or two, mix in our companions, and still do them easy enough - and have a blast doing it. Now the higher we get, the more irritating the flashpoints get, as we've skipped more flashpoints now than we've done. Unless you have a full party(ie no companions, and near perfect class setup) good luck doing them. I can understand doing that with the lvl 50 flashpoints, make them as hard as you want. But why such a difference from the early flashpoints to the mid-lvl flashpoints? Sucked the fun right out of them.