Sith sorcerer, Bland or is it just me?

Hondo-Karr

As it seems to me, the advanced class for sith inquisitor, the sorcerer, is bland. If you look at its abilities the main ones are lightning, lightning, lightning. When I play on my sorcerer, I just don't have fun and as we all know, the point of a game is for entertainment. All I do is just spam lightning. On the jedi sage on the other hand, they at least have differences on the abilities. They have a cool pulse wave, the ability the throw a rock with the force, and their 2 second cast is hurling a bunch of rocks at some one. Again with the sorcerer it is lightning, a short shock of lightning and a 2 second cast of lightning.

Don't get my wrong though, I am not just hating on the Inquisitor. I have a sith assassin and He is my current favorite toon. I very much enjoy the assassin.

Please, if you took the time to read my opinion, let my know about yours and your experiences. Maybe you could enlighten me to the glory of the sorcerer. And if you want to, go ahead and post a picture of your inquisitor to show off.

Thanks,

Hondo-Karr

When your abilities are ultimate power, ultimate power, and ultimate power, why complain about the lack of variety?

I see where you're coming from, but I personally find endless fountains of Force lightning both hilarious and satisfying. It's really what I became a Sorcerer to do.

THIS

and...

It may seem bland but tastes are tastes for each i got powertech/sniper/juggernaut lvls 50 and my Sorcerer is 41 and I m in love with this toon my fav, I play healer and man do I love what I do oww and to spam Force Storm on trash groups and pvp nodes makes me feel GREAT! and if you prefer lifting rocks and rubble instead of unlimited electric power then by all means my friend go sage/assassin though i`d recommend sorcerer(suits the story way better)/shadow(early healer comp)

Edited by iDraxter

Not that much different to me really. As a consular you throw a big rock, you throw some ting rocks then you hit em with a wave. Two of the three are the same really but yes I do find it a bit lacking. However I don't know what more they can give you to some extent.

Not that much different to me really. As a consular you throw a big rock, you throw some ting rocks then you hit em with a wave. Two of the three are the same really but yes I do find it a bit lacking. However I don't know what more they can give you to some extent.

Well I think it's because we don't have a cool execute move for one. Imagine some 'force overload" type ability that finished people off. Assassinate looks cool on a sin, and is cool. Where is the sorc version?

Secondly, and whilst I see why they gave choke and push to warriors, which would also fit inquisitors (perhaps even more so than warriors), we don't get anything like sabre throw, or any decent lightsabre moves either, thanks to not getting willpower bonus damage to melee moves. Just take tumult, when do you ever use that as a sorc?

Well I think it's because we don't have a cool execute move for one. Imagine some 'force overload" type ability that finished people off. Assassinate looks cool on a sin, and is cool. Where is the sorc version?

Secondly, and whilst I see why they gave choke and push to warriors, which would also fit inquisitors (perhaps even more so than warriors), we don't get anything like sabre throw, or any decent lightsabre moves either, thanks to not getting willpower bonus damage to melee moves. Just take tumult, when do you ever use that as a sorc?

Yeah I do find that annoying, epecially considering the fact that other ranged classes such as powertechs do get to use their blasters alot, even at ranged.

It would be nice to see some variety for a sith sorcerer other then lightning, such as ranged sabre techniques or ability's you can use when someone gets into melee range and your trying to kite them. We lack a lot of instant damage attacks for bursting purposes and out end tier talent trees seem more like a mess, its better to go hyrbid for functionality and even fun.

Nothing more fun then throwing lightning then mixing it up with some crushing attacks. It would be nice if they did add more force crushing abilities to sage and sorcerers.

i'm sorry but the main reason for myself making the sorcerer was to be using lightning. LIGHTNING BABY! ::D

the other day someone asked me if i was a healer while on him and i just replied that my sage heals since all he does is blow chunks at people. this guys shoots LIGHTNING and lots of it. imo one can never have too much lightning.

the sage is bland. the rocks are boring and a disappointment, the ground shaking is even more annoying. the sages do make a nice healer though. my sage just heals and wears blander than bland looking gear. the sorcerer dpses and wears cool armor. yes i have both at 50.

this is just my opinion.

i'm sorry but the main reason for myself making the sorcerer was to be using lightning. LIGHTNING BABY! ::D

the other day someone asked me if i was a healer while on him and i just replied that my sage heals since all he does is blow chunks at people. this guys shoots LIGHTNING and lots of it. imo one can never have too much lightning.

the sage is bland. the rocks are boring and a disappointment, the ground shaking is even more annoying. the sages do make a nice healer though. my sage just heals and wears blander than bland looking gear. the sorcerer dpses and wears cool armor. yes i have both at 50.

this is just my opinion.

I hear you on the lightning. I love chucking bolts at people. Makes me reminisce on my light sorc in Diablo 2, those were good times! The gear looks sweet I agree. I do however feel that the sage and sorcerer class is a bit uninspired.

I agree here. Like my previous post I love throwing lightning around but you are right. If we are "masters" of wielding the dark side of the force why is there pretty much just lightning. I know we have other moves but I agree there needs to some sort of execute style move.

It does irritate me some bit that we do not get any cool sabre moves but I can see why. Sure we have some skill at dueling but since we focus on mastery of manipulating the force we have abandoned martial prowess. It is pretty much a last resort for a sorcerer in any game really and usually to our demise. Though it is thoroughly satisfying to run up on someone when they have a sliver of health left and stab them all the while knowing that they died to the hands of an inferior duelist!

As it seems to me, the advanced class for sith inquisitor, the sorcerer, is bland. If you look at its abilities the main ones are lightning, lightning, lightning. When I play on my sorcerer, I just don't have fun and as we all know, the point of a game is for entertainment. All I do is just spam lightning. On the jedi sage on the other hand, they at least have differences on the abilities. They have a cool pulse wave, the ability the throw a rock with the force, and their 2 second cast is hurling a bunch of rocks at some one. Again with the sorcerer it is lightning, a short shock of lightning and a 2 second cast of lightning.

Don't get my wrong though, I am not just hating on the Inquisitor. I have a sith assassin and He is my current favorite toon. I very much enjoy the assassin.

Please, if you took the time to read my opinion, let my know about yours and your experiences. Maybe you could enlighten me to the glory of the sorcerer. And if you want to, go ahead and post a picture of your inquisitor to show off.

Thanks,

Hondo-Karr

EXACTLY they use lightnig the whole time.. Sin is better..

When your abilities are ultimate power, ultimate power, and ultimate power, why complain about the lack of variety?

I see where you're coming from, but I personally find endless fountains of Force lightning both hilarious and satisfying. It's really what I became a Sorcerer to do.

Ok, I have read over the reply and a couple tings stand out at me. First of all I would like to say that I am not a Sage buff. I was just using the mirror class as a comparison. Second, as stated above, several people have said something along the line of ultimate power is so cool that there isn't any lack of verity. That sort of proves my point. It may be "ultimate power" but in the end it is just that. The same things.

Thanks,

Hondo-Karr

We have one its called "Overload" and it was just nerfed since BW thought it was too powerful.

Chisaineko

Ok, I have read over the reply and a couple tings stand out at me. First of all I would like to say that I am not a Sage buff. I was just using the mirror class as a comparison. Second, as stated above, several people have said something along the line of ultimate power is so cool that there isn't any lack of verity. That sort of proves my point. It may be "ultimate power" but in the end it is just that. The same things.

Thanks,

Hondo-Karr

Its lightning, not the ultimate power. In raw dps we are practically dead last. A sorcerer can do 30,000 damage to a single target in about 20ish seconds. Most classes can do 30,000 damage in far less time (full war hero armor), some as low as 5 seconds (3 if they get crits).

We are not even remotely close to ultimate damage.

Chisaneko, 50 sorc pvp/pve

We have one its called "Overload" and it was just nerfed since BW thought it was too powerful.

Chisaineko

That is almost laughable. What he meant was some kind of if the target is at 30% or 25% health hit said ability to finish them. Overload never did that as the damage was negligible. It was only useful as a kb effect and only mildly at that. I'm sure there may have been situations where you knocked someone into something that killed them but that isn't the same.

Edited by Scovina

I have no issue with the skills...I think the storyline could be better. And definately, they need better romanceables, especially for the guys. Ashara is horrid, and I basically have this overwhelming desire to throw her out the airlock before I'd let my toon romance her. My hubby feels the same way about her.:mad:

Not sure why you'd make an Assassin AND a Sorceror. I'd have at least made a Shadow and a Sorceror, or an Assassin and a Sage.

In any case, Sorcerors are lightning. Heck, I'm surprised their heals aren't in the form of lightning bolts. You knew that going into it. If you have a problem with that, I understand. But I frickin' love it.

I absolutely agree with the OP. I never understood why so many people thought sages were less cool. Lightning gets old in its monotony. It's too much like generic fantasy magic, but at least most fantasy mage classes have more variety in their spell looks. I think throwing rocks is more original, and stuff like disturbance is awesome. Rock throwing is also better for PVP, IMO, because it's less conspicuous.

Though some also argue that fighting sorcs is harder since it's more difficult to differentiate their abilities...

Edited by Stenrik

Thanks,

Hondo-Karr

I would have to ask you at what level is your sorcerer right now? And what spec is it?. I have both an Assassin and a Sorcerer and I have to say that I enjoy them both equally. Yes the majority of your ranged attacks are lighting based however the Sorcerer has many more status effect options than the consular does, as well as better AoE options. I admit that my Sorcerer is not very high in level at the momment. And yes the lighting only attacks do seem uninteresting at times, however the different status effects each lighting attack does is different and do have their advantages (if you take the time to notice).

There are a limited number of force powers and I think they were aiming to keep each class fairly iconic. For example the sith warrior has choke and crush, the sith inquisitor has lightning and the sage has telekinesis. They could have chosen to give everyone a wider variety of force powers but then they risk making all force users too same-same.

So to me it comes down to which is more awesome, hitting someone with a rock or a bolt of lightning.

My sorc is currently 49, just finished my class quest last night, still stocking up on rwz comms. My main was an assassin (50) current main is a rage jugg (50). Gotta say I feel like a bamf full madness spec throwing darkness around and spamming lightning on folks. Been thinking about going more hybrid with lightning but really enjoying full madness right now. Also, the lightning tree is awesome. If you time your burst right you can really rock people. Wait to get a proc of instant chain lightning then thundering blast -> insta chain lightning -> shock that's quite a bit of burst right there. In summary, I really love the animations for all my characters, especially my sorc.