"Auto Attack" Ion TPS?

Chaplainar

So while tanking heroics, FPs, ect from lvl 10-48, I seem to be able to hold aggro on any single target by spaming the basic 0 heat blaster fire, I'm away from home, so I forget the name.

Anyone notice this as well?

Aside from using CDs and keeping the flame burst debuff up, any reasons why not to just take a nap and spam?

Currently I'm a pure shieldtech tank. I have to constantly spam my taunts because my DPSer "open up" like there is no tomorrow (which is not bad) but there is NO WAY I can hold aggro without my rockets (aoe taunt and single target taunt) I even use grapple since it generate high threat :)

If you are able to keep aggro with Rapid Shots and IGC procs you are running with some horrible DPS, or they are throttling because you aren't keeping aggro as good as you think are.

your dpsers seem to be just THAT bad, sorry :\ I mean I can hold aggro better than a jugg, BUT not THAT easy.....

I agree with the above, your dps is just horrible. 2 nights ago I ran D7 as Madness Sin PvP build (hybrid into blood of sith(darkness) & deathmark(madness)). Popping trinket + overcharge saber ripped aggro off our PT tank like I was pulling velcro. :eek:

Truth be told if I was unlucky enough to hit a string of crits with raze and lightning charge, Tank lost aggro.

Our PT tank was an amazing tank, don't get me wrong. But Shield Tech does have it's limits. If your dps sits down in a hurry and spanks the boss properly, your quarry will turn around and return him the favor.

I agree with the above, your dps is just horrible. 2 nights ago I ran D7 as Madness Sin PvP build (hybrid into blood of sith(darkness) & deathmark(madness)). Popping trinket + overcharge saber ripped aggro off our PT tank like I was pulling velcro. :eek:

Truth be told if I was unlucky enough to hit a string of crits with raze and lightning charge, Tank lost aggro.

Our PT tank was an amazing tank, don't get me wrong. But Shield Tech does have it's limits. If your dps sits down in a hurry and spanks the boss properly, your quarry will turn around and return him the favor.

The work around would be if that person is generating THAT much threat, I personally switch my guard on to that person. Which will generate 25% less threat.

The work around would be if that person is generating THAT much threat, I personally switch my guard on to that person. Which will generate 25% less threat.

Normally the way to go but not a valid strategy atm due to the guard bug. you wont be able to swap back to your primary guard target reliably afterwards, so I dont hotswap guard atm.