Canderous Ordo is having severe issues today 8/24

Kalli

And again with no maintenance this tuesday? For the second week in a row when servers are practically having a meltdown? What the hell is wrong with you people?

I have to agree with the basis of this.

I mainly play on Canderous Ordo...I pretty much can't play becasue that server is in Limbo right now...a lot of us would like to play on astable server..I'd imagine BW would have cared seeing that that dumb GW2 came out.

*Sigh* ...guess no TOR for us.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amber,

Your interest in this thread and this issue is shocking. These issues have persisted for approximately two and a half weeks at this point. After countless threads on the many annoying manifestations of this issue, I am surprised, yet refreshed, that someone at Bioware has taken an interest in Canderous Ordo.

Let me give you a large number of things to go on here:

1) When the server issues are happening, the mail system is unavailable. If you are in the process of retrieving messages, items, or credits, you get a failure message.

2) The GTN does not work. When the issue happens, you can search for items, and can purchase them, but your request is not processed until the fit passes. You are unable to list more than one item, as any item you list will get stuck processing.

3) If you are attempting to zone you will get a loading screen until the issue resolves itself. This can be anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. There are multiple threads in the customer service forum specific to this issue on Canderous Ordo.

4) If you attempt to log to character select, you will get a loading screen until the issue resolves itself. Also, 5 to 15 minutes.

5) If you try to close the client and log back in, you will not be able to reach character select until the issue resolves itself. This can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.

6) If you are dead, you are unable to click the return to medcenter button until the issue resolves itself.

7) If you are in a flashpoint you may continue to kill mobs, progress through story, etc, without any issues. Attempting to leave the flashpoint results in the loading screen of death, 5 to 15 minutes.

8) If you are in a warzone the warzone will persist as usual until the conclusion, at which point you will be unable to exit the warzone until the issue resolves itself. Typically, this is between 5 and 15 minutes.

NOTE: These issues DO NOT cause disconnection from the server.

These issues are NOT the same thing as server lag. I am not so stupid as to confuse the two. To be perfectly clear, we are also experiencing issues with lag in certain places. Lag seems to manifest mostly in operations and warzone, and while very temporary (usually 2 to 3 seconds), often results in a dead operations group.

Thanks for your concern,

Scrawl

50 Vanguard

Canderous Ordo

These issues, EXACTLY, and completely..... I could not have made a better list.....I too am on Canderous Ordo. I've been making tickets since this issue began showing up, which to be frank, came with the World Event patch.

As replies to my multitude of tickets, forum threads, all I got for several weeks was it's YOUR stuff, do this that and the other, send us dxDiag..... yadda... regardless of the possibility after so many tickets, and threads, that maybe, just MAYBE, it's on BW's end .......

Your QA needs to STOP testing from your own internal LAN......you should test and do QA from a 3rd party ISP, to simulate what... I dunno, your CUSTOMERS are complaining about? Doing QA from inside is useless.......50% of all issues won't be seen with 10ms or less connection speeds....

Throw my name in the hat as well. I sent a few bug reports about it and i was asked to do a bunch of whatnots on my pc like change from wireless to wired and all this other happy stuff. Normally Id be willing to go through all the steps and I appreciate the information they took the time to type out for me. But that being said, I know its not on my end, especially with guildies all over the country having the same problem at the same exact time (via ventrilo) and this plus many other threads regarding the issue.

Cmon guys, gw2 has just been released today for early access people, and officially in a little over 2 days. This kind of stuff just cant be happening right now.

I have never not wanted to play this game. I logged in each day anticipating what i was going to be doing, and i enjoyed doing it.

This is making me not want to play this game.

For goodness sakes, i loaded up diablo 3 yesterday because i was getting these errors on canderous ordo.

What makes me truly upset is that I have been on CO since launch, I've stayed around to see all the transfers come in, I have been a loyal supporter of the game since i got invited to closed beta, and now i find myself alt-f4-ing in disgust every few minutes.

It makes me sad.

As a footnote, i've never had connection issues until this.

Looks like this creeped over to the Harbinger as well people getting kick from the game and not being able to log in.

Not sure what's happening in the middle of our raid all of sudden two people couldn't move then when we all died 3 people got ported to a different instance of the game and then couldn't get back into the game while we showed them all logged in still in our guild panel.

Looks like this creeped over to the Harbinger as well people getting kick from the game and not being able to log in.

Not sure what's happening in the middle of our raid all of sudden two people couldn't move then when we all died 3 people got ported to a different instance of the game and then couldn't get back into the game while we showed them all logged in still in our guild panel.

I'm on Harbinger. I did have a mysterious wz yesterday where my whole team got booted from the wz.... But no other lag issues.

Hello, I am on The Bastion and I feel for you guys! Last night I went through my first server-wide lag spike on The Bastion, and I have to say it sucks ***!

After I reported that I couldn't buy this item on the GTN (and to my horror my credits kept going down) my guildmates tried to come to fleet to see what was happening, and they all got stuck in terrible loading screens.

I closed my game, went to re-log, and was stuck staring at the dude with the lightsaber for about 5 minutes... Man I wish i could've just picked a different server to play on.

How have y'all been able to put up with this?! Respect!

Doing it right now on Cand.O again. Try to leave warzone, nothing, just sits there. Log out, sits there on loading screen. Close out swtor completely, now cant get back into the server at all.

Must be awful nice to work on a 24/7 service and when something goes wrong on a weekend, nobody has to come in or even log on to check on things...

Pathetic.

Hello everyone! We appreciate your reports, and we are currently researching issues of long load times and error messages indicating your characters are unavailable due to maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience and will be sure to update you in this thread as new information becomes available.

If you're looking to add your report, please give as much detail as possible about when and how you were experiencing issues. Thank you!

The "your characters are unavailable for maintenance" thing is still happening as of 60 seconds ago.

Update: I was able to get into CO on the 4th attempt.

Edited by Nikei

• Dev Post
We have identified and fixed issues that were causing players on this and other servers to receive messages indicating that characters were unavailable due to maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we worked on a resolution.

We have identified and fixed issues that were causing players on this and other servers to receive messages indicating that characters were unavailable due to maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we worked on a resolution.

Isn't that a different issue? There was a login issue, which Amber is addressing, but then the lag spike/mail not working issue that has plagued CO for a few weeks, and appears to be affecting some other servers now (as well as still affecting CO).

Maybe they're related, but they seem to be different issues.

the load times are getting longer. and the load times for conversastions are getting longer. and i am realy tired of the game freezeing during space missions. if i dont get a free month for compansation of all these problems i will quit playing at the end of the month.

So, can someone confirm and give the Dev team constructive feedback? Are you will seeing the unable to change planet/zone/wz or check mail/gtn issue as of now?

• 4 months later...