From Ray and Greg: thank you for playing!

GregZeschuk

• Dev Post

Yesterday was quite a day here in Austin. We likely had the largest one-day subscription account registration process in MMO history – over one million people are now registered players of the game, and the number is growing rapidly.

As you might imagine, this presented a huge strain on our infrastructure and systems, but the good news is that we seem to be through the worst of it now thanks to folks working hard all day to serve our community. And as Greg mentioned in his earlier note, we've also been working hard on resolving queues – those being another side effect of the huge demand for Star Wars: The Old Republic over the past week. We were definitely anticipating a very high load but if anything the demand for the game has only exceeded our expectations!

We're very appreciative of your support and we look forward to surprising and delighting you throughout the journey ahead. To that end, we plan on letting you know soon about some cool upcoming content planned over the next few months.

On behalf of the SWTOR team, Greg and I want to thank you very much for your support, and also your patience yesterday as the team worked hard to process through the huge volume of players trying to register.

Thank you,

Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk

Edited by StephenReid

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking forward to playing this game since I first heard about it in 2008, and I have to say that, in many ways, my expectations for this game have been exceeded. Hell, remember playing KoTOR and thinking how great it would be to have a similarly themed MMO. This game has been immensely enjoyable for me so far, and I look forward to seeing what the future holds.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to tab back over to the game so that I can take care of some business on Nar Shaddaa.

Can you fix the black screen problem that happens when you launch the game , that doesn't allow people to play the game , but allows them to here the sounds, and the noise it makes when you scroll over something. It's not my drivers because they're all up to date, and I've seen in another forum that 2 computers with the same specs in the same household try and play Swtor and only one computer would work and the other went to the black screen. And i don't believe it's my monitor because I play World of Warcraft also and I've played the beta for star wars. This is really becoming a nuisance trying to play something that i really want to play and can't. My subscription is running out. And I bought the collector's Edition as well. I just want to play the game , but are you people paying any mind to it? or working on it? I see that your working on the que's and lag , but what about the people who can't even get into the game on their own computer? Edited by Deaths_Warrant

Yesterday was quite a day here in Austin. We likely had the largest one-day subscription account registration process in MMO history – over one million people are now registered players of the game, and the number is growing rapidly.

As you might imagine, this presented a huge strain on our infrastructure and systems, but the good news is that we seem to be through the worst of it now thanks to folks working hard all day to serve our community. And as Greg mentioned in his earlier note, we've also been working hard on resolving queues – those being another side effect of the huge demand for Star Wars: The Old Republic over the past week. We were definitely anticipating a very high load but if anything the demand for the game has only exceeded our expectations!

We're very appreciative of your support and we look forward to surprising and delighting you throughout the journey ahead. To that end, we plan on letting you know soon about some cool upcoming content planned over the next few months.

On behalf of the SWTOR team, Greg and I want to thank you very much for your support, and also your patience yesterday as the team worked hard to process through the huge volume of players trying to register.

Thank you,

What about the players that can't even register their game on their account due to a defective code that was given to them? I submitted numerous tickets on the issue and no response yet.

Here's the original post, would be nice if it got fixed.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=693888#post693888

Edited by Jazzemup

Thank you,

You're welcome, and congratulations on such a huge (and VERY successful it seems!!!) launch. I look forward to playing for years to come, keep up the good work! I am having a blast with the released version of SWTOR.

Edited by Ancen

You're welcome, and congratulations on such a huge (and VERY successful it seems!!!) launch. I look forward to playing for years to come, keep up the good work! I am having a blast with the released version of SWTOR.

Far from successful, the people that have access are blinded to how many are actually not able to access the game for whatever the reason may be and these people are in the thousands.

Far from successful, the people that have access are blinded to how many are actually not able to access the game for whatever the reason may be and these people are in the thousands.

They're talking about already-registered copies. Those people who have access are them. Could they be losing subs from impatience on registration, sure, but it's definitely a minority of players that is affecting. Regardless, this sort of discussion really isn't fit for this thread, honestly.

Edited by Ancen

Played KOTOR 1 & 2 many, many times.

Signed up to the SWTOR forums Day 1.

Signed up for the game and turned in my code first day possible.

Got to beta test.

Got a week of early play.

LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!!! :t_biggrin:

Now, why does my 6 year old Win XP system play the game soooo much better than my 2 year old Win 7 system? :t_confused:

You had a high registration rate because the game locked me and others out saying my account was not registered, even though i had 26 days left on the pre-order. So i HAD to pay another month on my credit card to continue. That sure is one way to guarantee a big story of sign-ups in one day. Forced. Maybe that's what the "force" is to BioWare :wea_03:

You had a high registration rate because the game locked me and others out saying my account was not registered, even though i had 26 days left on the pre-order. So i HAD to pay another month on my credit card to continue. That sure is one way to guarantee a big story of sign-ups in one day. Forced. Maybe that's what the "force" is to BioWare :wea_03:

Setup is different then paid time. Sides this is standard for a launch. Eventually as the game goes on, they will shift to free trials which will remove the immediate sub setup.

Edited by silverdanta