Sage healer PvP gear question

xNYROx

So I have been told different things as far as what the bet set up is for PvP healing.

One person said go full war hero/elite war hero...another said do 2 tionese+the rest war hero....does anyone know for sure which works the best for healing in WZ?

I don't know for sure... but I've heard it said that sage healers can go as low as 900 expertise in exchange for End / Willpower.

I do know that too much expertise won't help your healing numbers as much as more willpower / power will.

I also know that you should be building your healer around a guard; in other words, make a tank friend and play with him. That'll get the best results.

For the reason above, you can lower expertise if you're in a premade or with a tank.

I get decent results with 920 expertise and 20400 HP (about 1800 WP and 1800 End).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5386483&postcount=5

Edited by Ycoga

Here's my PVP Healer's gear target, I'm still a few 63's short of this, but this is where I'm headed:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b3c0beea-3ecc-4834-93b9-fba63da7a554

The goal for me was to get to:

- ~28% crit unbuffed, ~33% buffed

- Minimize anything with alacrity

- Everything goes for +power, then +surge

- Sacrifice HP/WP on mods/enhancements with higher +power/+crit stats

- Make up lost HP/WP by stacking Resolve Augments

Note: I believe the stats are wrong on the PVE armorings, just an FYI. The goal of these two set-bonus PVE armorings are to get the -1.5s cooldown decrease on Healing Trance. This ensures that you can basically following this approach to healing, where it works cool downs almost perfectly:

(1) Bubble target

(2) Rejuvenate target (provides crit % increase proc for HT)

(3) Healing Trance channel

(4) Deliverance (big burst)

(5) Rejuvenate target

(6) Healing Trance

(7) Deliverance

(8) Start from step one again

This maximizes your HPS, timers work out great to where there isn't much, if any, downtime to execute the next heal, and with this gear setup, can out heal 2 DPS targets focusing my heal target.

Good luck.

I have been healing in PVP since the launch of the game and have been valor 100 for way too long. I would never go lower than 1100 expertise, especially because of all the LOLSmashers out there (the damage mitigation expertise provides is too important to give up). Also, I have done extensive testing of a higher bonus healing vs. a higher crit rate and have found the higher crit rate (around 38%) to be the best. I also heal ONLY in bubble popping spec.

Also, for the love of God, do not bring Tionese level gear into PVP. If you are going to bring any PVE gear into PVP it needs to be 63s (Dread Guard).

So I have been told different things as far as what the bet set up is for PvP healing.

One person said go full war hero/elite war hero...another said do 2 tionese+the rest war hero....does anyone know for sure which works the best for healing in WZ?

You don't want to go too low on expertise... under 900 seems drastic. I'd say anything under 1100 exp is too low for pvp.... you really shouldn't underestimate it.

What you should take into consideration is this:

- You want to min/max your gear towards willpower and secondary stats, those being power and crit. If you look at the WH/ Elite WH pieces, you'll see mods with 60 willpower and 12 secondary stat, as well as mods with 51 willpower and 39 secondary stat. ALWAYS go for the second type of mods - meaning the ones with less willpower and more secondary stat.

- Same goes for the enhancements. Go for the ones that have high amounts of power/ crit and surge.

- To make up for the loss in willpower, you can equip 3 of your pieces with Advanced Resolve Armoring 27. These pieces should be your belt, your bracers, and one other piece of your choosing.

- To be effective, your crit chance when buffed should be over 35%, I'd say around 38% would be optimal. The rest you should invest in power. Forget about alacrity, you REALLY don't need it - it's better for a healer to be casting slower but better heals rather than faster but smaller heals. Reserve your alacrity for 2 pieces only: War Hero Force-lord's MK-1 System, get both of these and you'll be fine

Hope I could help you here. You'll see that the numbers speak for themselves. :)

When you are not gaining that much from surge, then go alacrity is what I believe. Lowering cast times by 5~10% I find is better than raising your surge from 78% to 79%, especially when we only have 2 heals(bubble and rejuvenate) that don't require a cast. In regards to crit I would also go around to 38%, it's not going to hurt you and our crit chance buffs from the trees make it quite easy to do so.

I'd like to finish out the suit that I posted earlier then do testing around crit vs surge.

My healing trance after rejuvenate almost always (it's very rare that it doesn't) crits on 3/4 ticks in the full heal channel. Rejuvenate increases the crit chance already, so the question is: Why buff crit chance? My goal would be to buff my surge/power combinations in gear & make crit respectable at the value that I wrote above -- 33% buffed.

I have been healing in PVP since the launch of the game and have been valor 100 for way too long. I would never go lower than 1100 expertise, especially because of all the LOLSmashers out there (the damage mitigation expertise provides is too important to give up). Also, I have done extensive testing of a higher bonus healing vs. a higher crit rate and have found the higher crit rate (around 38%) to be the best. I also heal ONLY in bubble popping spec.

Also, for the love of God, do not bring Tionese level gear into PVP. If you are going to bring any PVE gear into PVP it needs to be 63s (Dread Guard).

The person recommending tionese gear obviously meant that the player should get two of the PvE tionese pieces because of the set bonuses whereafter they could 1) Put belt/wrist EWH armorings into the pieces 2) Use those two pieces for the mandatory resolve 27 armorings you should wear.

I'm doubtful anyone discussing pvp would recommend someone else to bring actual tionese gear, we all know by now how bad that is. The tionese gear has the set bonus on the shell though, so in order to get PvE set bonuses for PvP thats the only way to BiS, since campaign with set bonuses only have 68 or 69 willpower compared to 72 with resolve 27 armorings.