Imaginary patch notes for 1.7

Machine-Elf

Here is my suggestion for patch notes that would actually bring me back to the game:

- Fixed buggy holo-terminal, which would glow permanently, misleading players into thinking it needed to be interacted with as part of a quest chain, even when it didn’t.

- Removed glowing eyes (light and dark) from the cartel market drops, and made them automatically unlockable after players reach level III of each respective alignment.

- Fixed T’wilek clipping issues in which the head-tail would overlap with lightsabers.

- Spaceships now only take off after players choose their planetary destination, instead of doing so immediately upon clicking the entrance.

- Added codex entries for world bosses.

- An all new voice-pack including a set of both male and female voices is now available to players in the cartel market for only 6000 cartel coins!

- Because story is so central to the game, use of the group finder is now restricted to players, so that running any given flashpoint through it can only be unlocked once the players have done so the traditional way at least once. This way they can group up with their friends, go to the holoterminals in their respective fleets, and get the sit-rep (and narrative impetus) from their faction’s leaders which, previously, the group finder tool led one to skip.

- Sound effects have been altered so as to reflect an increase in power every time a player upgrades a specific ability through their skill tree.

- Fixed floating bodies bug.

- Kira Carsen no longer impales herself with her own lightsaber.

- A pulsating mystical aura will now envelop lightside aligned players, becoming ever brighter the higher their respective LS alignments.

Edited by Machine-Elf

So you just want all the non game breaking bugs to be fixed? I can come up with a much larger, much more warranted patch for a 1.X patch. Something like more 8mans, better pvp balancing, 3rd party ui's, better framerates, also memory dumpage, more character creation, more races, more mini games, oh i could go on forever.

Actually, they could just let us know they are listening and actually communicate with us daily and i'd be happy. Right now I feel like we're in a closet, wearing earmuffs, and blindfolded while playing this game.

Bounty hunger ship destination area waypoint now faces into the ship, as opposed to facing the the door, and thus no longer prompting you to immediately exit your ship on login of that area.

Here is my suggestion for patch notes that would actually bring me back to the game:

- Fixed buggy holo-terminal, which would glow permanently, misleading players to think it needed to be interacted with as part of a quest chain, even when it didn’t.

- Removed glowing eyes (light and dark) from the cartel market drops, and made them automatically unlockable after players reach level III of each respective alignment.

- Fixed T’wilek clipping issues in which the head-tail would overlap with lightsabers.

- Spaceships now only take off after players choose their planetary destination, instead of doing so immediately upon clicking the entrance.

- Added codex entries for world bosses.

- An all new voice-pack including a set of both male and female voices is now available to players in the cartel market for only 6000 cartel coins!

- Because story is so central to the game, use of the group finder is now restricted to players, so that running any given flashpoint through it can only be unlocked once the players have done so the traditional way at least once. This way they can group up with their friends, go to the holoterminals in their respective fleets, and get the sit-rep (and narrative impetus) from their faction’s leaders which, previously, the group finder tool led one to skip.

- Sound effects have been altered so as to reflect an increase in power every time a player upgrades a specific ability through their skill tree.

- Fixed floating bodies bug.

- Kira Carsen no longer impales herself with her own lightsaber.

- A pulsating mystical aura will now envelop lightside aligned players, becoming ever brighter the higher their respective LS alignments.

So you just want all the non game breaking bugs to be fixed? I can come up with a much larger, much more warranted patch for a 1.X patch. Something like more 8mans, better pvp balancing, 3rd party ui's, better framerates, also memory dumpage, more character creation, more races, more mini games, oh i could go on forever.

Actually, they could just let us know they are listening and actually communicate with us daily and i'd be happy. Right now I feel like we're in a closet, wearing earmuffs, and blindfolded while playing this game.

I don't think any of those are necessarily game-breaking. That said, I agree with everyone of the things you listed.

• 4 weeks later...

The patch notes would probably be more like this;

Added more CC to warzones.

Marauders and Juggernauts get a buff.

Sages nerfed furthur.

Operatives get a buff.

Added more stuff to the cartel market. Nothing non cartel added to game.

Made existing armor sets uglier than they were prior.

Made the only decent looking sets ugly to match the rest of the game.

Furthur bugs introduced.

More gold spammers added to the game.

This isn't world of warcraft. I'd rather see:

- Removed glowing eyes from the game. Quite frankly, we didn't know what we were doing and we apologize.

Also, while we are on the subject;

Let Dark Side aligned players choose which corruption they want to choose. I support this even though my main is light side tier 1. I do not need any specific auras or appearence changes, unless we're talking cosmetic moddable items that are purchasable from the vendors on the fleet. Obi-wan was light side and his eyes didn't glow, and the only time he was surrounded by an aura was when he was a ghost.

In short; stop ruining star wars. Stay true to the franchise.