Hey! Bioware! Care to tell us why the servers are down?!

The hamsters have to be fed and they took them off the treadmill ok? Feeding time runs about an hour then the servers go back up.

DO YOU WANT THE HAMSTERS TO STARVE??

Edited by Finrok
typo

Intermittent lag issues is a pretty solid explanation. Although they are understating the problem.

Some of my guildies were lagging out mid boss fight, I was getting 2-3 second lag spikes and it was making some bosses/instances (LI HM) exceedingly difficult.

Yes those where all server side lag issues that needed to be looked at. I will accept a server reset, I would not accept emergency maintenance however.

Generally the first thing you do when you're having intermittent lag issues - or intermittent performance issues in general, is to restart the item having the issues - in this case a server. So, they're rebooting the servers, as the sticky indicated.

What do you want? A play-by-play on exactly every single thing they're doing as they do it? Basic reading comprehension would tell you the following bits of information:

1. The servers are being rebooted because of intermittent lag issues.

2. They will be up once they believe the issue is resolved.

3. They are communicating to you that they are aware of the issue, that the servers are down, and gave a description as to why.

Get an in with a BioWare SysAdmin who works on the servers and you'll get all the inside scoop information you want. 'Til then, that's all you get - and its all the customer base should get.

Intermittent lag issues is a pretty solid explanation. Although they are understating the problem.

Some of my guildies were lagging out mid boss fight, I was getting 2-3 second lag spikes and it was making some bosses/instances (LI HM) exceedingly difficult.

Yes those where all server side lag issues that needed to be looked at. I will accept a server reset, I would not accept emergency maintenance however.

Add that to 2 servers that couldnt restart. Its a pretty solid explanation to why they had to restart everything before things got worse.

Hello all,

There is a sticky post explaining that the servers are down:

We are going to be performing a restart across all game servers at approximately 3:30pm CDT. This should alleviate the issues that many players were experiencing. We will let you know when they are once again available.

Thank you for your continued patience.

In order to keep the discussion consolidated, we're going to ask that you continue your discussion in the ongoing thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=500746