Merry Christmas, BioWare, and Thank You

arkom

While, from a business point of view, I think that anyone can see the valid reasons for launching a consumer product with as large a following as SWTOR has at Christmas, I think that there are fewer people who stop to consider what this means for the employees of a company like BioWare who does this.

Christmas should be a time for family, a time for rest, and a time to be able to enjoy your loved ones. And with launching a new MMO (especially a new MMO that has the fastest growing subscription base in MMO history - congratulations, guys and gals!) it also means a time of constant systems monitoring, tremendous work, and sometimes thankless customer support. All of these things add up to people having to miss out on more of that Christmas "time" that I mentioned than they would like.

I know that you will continue to hear the "squeaky wheels" in the game, on the forums, and on the phones throughout the next few days, but I wanted to also make sure that you would hear more than that.

Thank you for the work that you have put into this game.

Thank you for giving up your time with your loved ones this holiday season to deal with complaints, problems, and general grinch-like dispositions.

Thank you for your open and willing communication with your player-base.

Thank you for taking our questions, our problems, and our requests seriously.

Thank you for listening to us as we ask for more, more, more.

Thank you for wanting to make something new, different, and better.

Thank you for giving us a fantastic product with amazing potential.

And thank you for showing us that you aren't doing it just for money, but because you love this game as much as we do.

Merry Christmas, BioWare. I hope that Santa-7B-2L, his team of flying banthas, and his little crew of Jawas bring you something equally as amazing as what all of you have given to us this Christmas.

Cheers

Very nice thread!

I join this and add my wishes of a very Merry Christmas for the Bioware team. Thank you a lot for your creativity and your art! Thank you for the great game you are offering to us!

Edited by Elloa

Merry Christmas and any other holiday you happen to celebrate this time of year.

Also thank you Bioware for coming out with a great MMO and the sacrifices you made for the production of this game. May you get the holiday rest you deserve to spend time with your families, friends, and loved ones.